Cohon not seeking 3rd term as commish

gbill2004

I would like to see a former pro football person in there to give a little more credibility to a lot of issues as Commisioner but also has marketing & business connections as well.

Wade Miller already has a job.

Walby??

Our league would have the best brisket and ribs.  Better than any other league.

As a Commish, Cohon was a great PR man. The CFL Commissioner has to be able to operate separately from the Board of Governors & he doesn't. He has to have autonomy to make tough decisions but can't because of it.

That's the reason his nick-name is semi-Cohon.

The Toronto situation is a problem. So, they need to find a guy who is well connected with the Toronto business community & also who can convince Braley to sell the Argos to MLSE & move them into BMO Field.

Yes.  The new Commissioner should be someone with strong ties in Southern Ontario and some charisma.  IMO Commissioners don't need to have strong sporting backgrounds as long as they are long time fans/supporters and have good political and private sector connections.

The Toronto situation is a problem. So, they need to find a guy who is well connected with the Toronto business community & also who can convince Braley to sell the Argos to MLSE & move them into BMO Field.

Yes.  The new Commissioner should be someone with strong ties in Southern Ontario and some charisma.  IMO Commissioners don't need to have strong sporting backgrounds as long as they are long time fans/supporters and have good political and private sector connections.

I thought having a great tan was the only requirement???

Then I guess Walby's out.

Don't forget teeth. Gotta have great teeth.

Double post...Deleted.

Chris Schultz as the new Commissioner!

Only kidding.

My Top two choices would be Jim Little or Keith Pelley, but I highly doubt the league could afford either one of them.

I guess that rules out Mean Mr. Harper for the position.  He may be looking for a new job in the near future and he appears to be a football fan.

So, no one from Saskatchewan.

Yes. The new Commissioner should be someone with strong ties in Southern Ontario and some charisma. IMO Commissioners don't need to have strong sporting backgrounds as long as they are long time fans/supporters and have good political and private sector connections.

So, no one from Saskatchewan.

Correct. There's no tanning salons or dentists there.