Packers ESPN beat writer projects Andy Mulumba won't make final roster

Mr. Perfect

Rob Demorvsky, one of the Green Bay Packers beat writers for ESPN projects that Andy Mulumba will not make the final roster. Mulumba is currently third on the Packers depth chart at his left outside linebackers position behind Clay Matthews and Mike Neal. Demorvsky, who is typically very accurate in his analysis, visions the team keeping 10 linebackers, and Mulumba being beat out by rookie Carl Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/11659/green-bay-packers-projected-roster-4

http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Sure exciting to hear some news like this. And some us can't help to be happy at the expense of these guys not making their NFL dreams which is understandable given our lack of Canadian depth.

Still Mulumba will get a sniff from other NFL clubs if he dont make it on GB.

But to dream is free... so really nice to dream seeing Mulumba, Bilukidi and Muamba in blue&gold.

Andy Mulumba is eligible for the NFL practice roster.  Everything I hear is that he's expected to go there if/when he is cut.

I'm not sure how he could be eligible. But I've heard some say he is and some say he is not.

Just looked into it. He was active for a minimum of 11 games last year (stats recorded in 11) so I don't see how he could be eligible. Baseline is 9.

Andy Mulumba is eligible for the NFL practice roster. Everything I hear is that he's expected to go there if/when he is cut.

I'm not sure how he could be eligible. But I've heard some say he is and some say he is not.

Just looked into it. He was active for a minimum of 11 games last year (stats recorded in 11) so I don't see how he could be eligible. Baseline is 9.

I'm just basing my information on what some Winnipeg media have stated. I want to say Penton but not 100% sure it was him.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

•Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
•Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
•If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

Andy Mulumba is eligible for the NFL practice roster.  Everything I hear is that he's expected to go there if/when he is cut.

Yep. He is ineligible for the PR. Not sure if he gets any other sniffs around the NFL but if he does it can only be on their active roster. The NFL dream may be coming to an end for Mulumba. Suddenly, that pick is looking a lot better.

If he's not eligible, that's huge.  Can't see him immediately being picked up by another NFL team to go on their active roster so we might just see him in Blue & Gold this season.  When he was drafted I remember him being very positive about joining the Bombers.  He will be a difference maker.  This would be like signing Ted Laurent mid-season...huge!!  He's got pro experience now so he should be able to step right in to the lineup.

If he's not eligible, that's huge.  Can't see him immediately being picked up by another NFL team to go on their active roster so we might just see him in Blue & Gold this season.  When he was drafted I remember him being very positive about joining the Bombers.  He will be a difference maker.  This would be like signing Ted Laurent mid-season...huge!!  He's got pro experience now so he should be able to step right in to the lineup.

Absolutely, he would be a beast at DE or even MLB.

Etch's head will explode deciding where he fits in his defence.

Is this said tongue in cheek? I certainly hope Etch will use him at end and not slide him inside because he's too heavy for "his style" of end. If we get bilukidi and Mulumba our defensive line will get a huge boost

Is this said tongue in cheek? I certainly hope Etch will use him at end and not slide him inside because he's too heavy for "his style" of end. If we get bilukidi and Mulumba our defensive line will get a huge boost

We get these guys and we're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.

what about chris matthews? can't find much on him. which is bad.

would he be asked back, if seahawks release him?

He is considered an extremely long shot to make the 53 man. However, he does have PR eligibility left, although most of the NFL pundits are suggesting he won't be asked. I have heard rumblings of a verbal agreement being in place with him for his return. Don't know how accurate that might be.

We get these guys and we're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.

No guarantees. This Bombers team can make the playoff if they figured out their run D and their run game.

Our passing attack can put up scores on the board while our passing defense are effective thus far.

Having those 2 DL here will certainly boost our Canadian content and our DL.

Mulumba > Richardson

Bilukidi > Cornell

and it will enable us to use a DI somewhere else.