Friesen Looking for Kyle Walters Questions

Floyd

Friesen just tweeted asking for questions for Kyle Walters...  I have two:

- What happened with receiver scouting this off-season?  Each year, we have found one or two really exciting prospects and this year we have Romby Bryant.  What happened?

- Grigsby's scouting report talks about hesitating before the line and lacking real speed.  He has had some success outside but the bombers are calling an inside game more suited to the like of Avon Cobourne.  Will we see a new, bigger back in town before Labour Day?  Will we see any new RB this season?

- What happened with receiver scouting this off-season?  Each year, we have found one or two really exciting prospects and this year we have Romby Bryant.  What happened?

- Grigsby's scouting report talks about hesitating before the line and lacking real speed.  He has had some success outside but the bombers are calling an inside game more suited to the like of Avon Cobourne.  Will we see a new, bigger back in town before Labour Day?  Will we see any new RB this season?

I guess you have never heard of a man named Moore?

Moore was already established in the league .. and while Walters did bring him to Winnipeg .. I think Floyd is talking about how we haven't found a rookie receiver who has made an impact.  For all the guys we brought in, none have made much noise.

True about the import receivers- Willy has shown himself to have a good arm and a great touch on the ball, but we need at least one game-beaker like Fred Stamps to get the coverage loosened up on all the short-route guys. This critical because we sure as heck don't have a running game worth talking about to stop opposing linebackers from dropping off the line of scrimmage.

Moore was already established in the league .. and while Walters did bring him to Winnipeg .. I think Floyd is talking about how we haven't found a rookie receiver who has made an impact.  For all the guys we brought in, none have made much noise.

With Moore and Denmark there was only one spot really up for import grabs in camp and Kelly won it.  Deservedly so from what I've seen.  The rookie crop has to wait until injuries give them an opportunity to shine ala Wallace Miles, but the signing of Bryant closed that door, for now at least.

I wasn't totally against bringing in Bryant... but after watching him, he just does not have breakaway speed anymore.  Add penalties, wrong routes and the fumble = liability.

Just wondering what happened with Urrutia, Haulstead, Barnes... all those guys - how did we end up with just Kemp and McGuffit who was signed at the end of July?

The only real question at this time I'd have for Walters is, Why don't the blue bombers ban these hacks like  Friesen from asking questions at these press conferences or better yet, completely from the building? Kyle, do you find it embarrassing listening to the press conferences and hearing the same stupid dumb questions day after day?  Do you think Friesen is a massive troll? Did Paul Friesen expect us to win 5 out of our first 8 games? Did anybody? 

I wasn't totally against bringing in Bryant... but after watching him, he just does not have breakaway speed anymore.  Add penalties, wrong routes and the fumble = liability.

Just wondering what happened with Urrutia, Haulstead, Barnes... all those guys - how did we end up with just Kemp and McGuffit who was signed at the end of July?

Probably because of Moore,Denmark and Kelly out playing them.. Got a question for you tho here, Name 3 receivers this year throughout the league who you would consider to be "legit rookies". Bet you can't do it, There aren't many.. That's what some need to redneckonize...

Seriously just 3, but if you do name those 3, you have to explain why they are such superstars and if they are better than Denmark Kelly and Moore and what makes them better than those 3 i mentioned who are our starters. 

You do realize Romby is just depth right... Whats the issue there? Cuz he had a bad game where you think a fumble cost us oh so dearly? LOL, would you have changed your mind about him a bit if Howard didn't get the penalty cuz guess what, that was Bryant who scored that TD that didn't count. 

Probably because of Moore,Denmark and Kelly out playing them.. Got a question for you tho here, Name 3 receivers this year throughout the league who you would consider to be "legit rookies". Bet you can't do it, There aren't many.. That's what some need to redneckonize...

Seriously just 3, but if you do name those 3, you have to explain why they are such superstars and if they are better than Denmark Kelly and Moore and what makes them better than those 3 i mentioned who are our starters. 

You do realize Romby is just depth right... Whats the issue there? Cuz he had a bad game where you think a fumble cost us oh so dearly? LOL, would you have changed your mind about him a bit if Howard didn't get the penalty cuz guess what, that was Bryant who scored that TD that didn't count. 

Just out of curiosity is it possible for you to reply to a post without doing it in a condescending tone?

Every time I read one of your replies, you sound mad.

Just out of curiosity is it possible for you to reply to a post without doing it in a condescending tone?

That's not really my problem on how you decide to read other peoples posts. Maybe what i'd suggest is just read in a normal tone. 

That's not really my problem on how you decide to read other peoples posts. Maybe what i'd suggest is just read in a normal tone. 

It is your problem when you phrase things in ways such as "well guess what" and "you do realize"

That's condescending, whether you mean it to be or not.

I'd like to know about our import depth at DL and LB.

For instance, Wild and Kuale both went down in Toronto.  It appears Kuale will be out for sure next week, but what if Wild is too?  We have Kromah and nobody else at LB.  I'm guessing Sears would take some of those snaps at OLB, but he's not healthy either.

DL we have one extra import who is injured currently.  Vega is hobbled significantly.  We have no depth there.  Who plays if Vega comes up lame in practice this week?

We have enough DB's to fill two secondaries though.

I'd like to know about our import depth at DL and LB.

For instance, Wild and Kuale both went down in Toronto. It appears Kuale will be out for sure next week, but what if Wild is too? We have Kromah and nobody else at LB. I'm guessing Sears would take some of those snaps at OLB, but he's not healthy either.

DL we have one extra import who is injured currently. Vega is hobbled significantly. We have no depth there. Who plays if Vega comes up lame in practice this week?

We have enough DB's to fill two secondaries though.

Fraser plays if Vega can't go.