Friesen Looking for Kyle Walters Questions

Floyd

I'd like to know about our import depth at DL and LB.

For instance, Wild and Kuale both went down in Toronto. It appears Kuale will be out for sure next week, but what if Wild is too? We have Kromah and nobody else at LB. I'm guessing Sears would take some of those snaps at OLB, but he's not healthy either.

DL we have one extra import who is injured currently. Vega is hobbled significantly. We have no depth there. Who plays if Vega comes up lame in practice this week?

We have enough DB's to fill two secondaries though.

Fraser plays if Vega can't go.

Fraser was injured two weeks ago.  Is he healthy now?  Haven't heard and media haven't really asked about guys who aren't on the active roster, Kemp too who looked to have a serious injury.

Are you referring to just international receivers? If you're including nationals, I think it's safe to say most of us have been very pleased and surprised by Feoli-Gudino.

Big mistake to bench him vs the Argos. I hope he's back next game. He's fearless & should be rewarded for that. 

So, I guess I will respond to Goalie.  Sigh.

Rookies I like are Guyton, Sinkfield, Lawrence, McGuffie, even Swain is doing okay.

I would still classify Tasker, Fuller and Stafford as emerging talent even if they are not rookies.

I'm not asking to replace Moore or Denmark or even Kelly... but other teams have had their entire receiving core go down and still look 'okay'.

We signed Bryant who seems to still be learning the playbook because we literally had no international receiver depth.  Its just a bit surprising.

I mean we gave up on Urrutia super fast...  and Kemp didn't even look good in pre-season.

Rookies I like are Guyton, Sinkfield, Lawrence, McGuffie, even Swain is doing okay.

I would still classify Tasker, Fuller and Stafford as emerging talent even if they are not rookies.

I'm not asking to replace Moore or Denmark or even Kelly... but other teams have had their entire receiving core go down and still look 'okay'.

We signed Bryant who seems to still be learning the playbook because we literally had no international receiver depth.  Its just a bit surprising.

I mean we gave up on Urrutia super fast...  and Kemp didn't even look good in pre-season.

Game two agreed as he dropped a couple of passes but in game one he looked good and he was the "go to guy" on Marve's big TD drives that impressed one and all.

I wasn't totally against bringing in Bryant... but after watching him, he just does not have breakaway speed anymore.  Add penalties, wrong routes and the fumble = liability.

Just wondering what happened with Urrutia, Haulstead, Barnes... all those guys - how did we end up with just Kemp and McGuffit who was signed at the end of July?

Probably because of Moore,Denmark and Kelly out playing them.. Got a question for you tho here, Name 3 receivers this year throughout the league who you would consider to be "legit rookies". Bet you can't do it, There aren't many.. That's what some need to redneckonize...

Seriously just 3, but if you do name those 3, you have to explain why they are such superstars and if they are better than Denmark Kelly and Moore and what makes them better than those 3 i mentioned who are our starters. 

You do realize Romby is just depth right... Whats the issue there? Cuz he had a bad game where you think a fumble cost us oh so dearly? LOL, would you have changed your mind about him a bit if Howard didn't get the penalty cuz guess what, that was Bryant who scored that TD that didn't count. 

Did you just invent a word?  Mind if I use it?

For instance, Wild and Kuale both went down in Toronto. It appears Kuale will be out for sure next week, but what if Wild is too? We have Kromah and nobody else at LB. I'm guessing Sears would take some of those snaps at OLB, but he's not healthy either.

DL we have one extra import who is injured currently. Vega is hobbled significantly. We have no depth there. Who plays if Vega comes up lame in practice this week?

Fraser was injured two weeks ago. Is he healthy now? Haven't heard and media haven't really asked about guys who aren't on the active roster, Kemp too who looked to have a serious injury.

Just because a player is placed on the one game IR doesn't necessarily mean they're injured. I'm pretty sure Fraser is fine.

Fraser was injured two weeks ago. Is he healthy now? Haven't heard and media haven't really asked about guys who aren't on the active roster, Kemp too who looked to have a serious injury.

Just because a player is placed on the one game IR doesn't necessarily mean they're injured. I'm pretty sure Fraser is fine.

He's been hurt, although I don't know to what extent. The reason he's on the 1-game IR is so that they can pay him grace pay of a full salary, instead of a practice roster salary. Our practice roster isn't full, if he was healthy, that's likely where he'd be.

He's been hurt, although I don't know to what extent. The reason he's on the 1-game IR is so that they can pay him grace pay of a full salary, instead of a practice roster salary. Our practice roster isn't full, if he was healthy, that's likely where he'd be.

I've been to practices recently where he's been on the one game IR and he's practicing fully.

weak...very weak...Tasker? Fuller? and Stafford?...we gave up on Urrutia because he couldn't catch...

No reason to grouse about Urrutia.  He was given plenty of first team reps and did nothing with them.

You can't predict how guys are going to respond to a new field, new rules, new playbook, new QB.  You bring them in and try them out.  Most won't pass the test.  That's the way it's always been.  You can't determine how they will react to a situation until you've placed them in that situation.  You bring in 8 import receivers and hope you can find two guys, and most likely those 2 spend 3 months on the PR before they get a chance.  A CFL rookie starting from game 1 without a rash of injuries in front of him is pretty rare.

weak...very weak...Tasker? Fuller? and Stafford?...we gave up on Urrutia because he couldn't catch...

I hope you're just arguing for the sake of arguing... if Stafford had a Qb, he would be money - really like that guy.  Fuller has done a great job filling in and could end up as a 1000 yard receiver.

I don't think Nik Lewis finds his way back into the lineup even when Cornish and Walters are healthy. Would rather have Fuller, Price, West and McDaniel.

...They were letting him work the Blizzards at DQ yesterday for Miracle Treat Day at the DQ in Shawnessy. I'm fairly certain he was employing the "One for you, 3 for me" tactic...

I don't think Nik Lewis finds his way back into the lineup even when Cornish and Walters are healthy. Would rather have Fuller, Price, West and McDaniel.

...They were letting him work the Blizzards at DQ yesterday for Miracle Treat Day at the DQ in Shawnessy. I'm fairly certain he was employing the "One for you, 3 for me" tactic...

really? And I was stuck here at work. I coulda got a blizzard from Nik Lewis, oh I woulda made jokes about that for ever. 

Honestly, say what you want about Joe Mack, but the man knew how to find import receivers. I can't remember the last time we didnt have a Wallace Miles, Chris Matthews or Greg Carr come out of camp ready to start....

There was a point in time when I thought that we were set for a few years with Greg Carr and especially TJH. I thought TJH was going to be a star.

Honestly, say what you want about Joe Mack, but the man knew how to find import receivers. I can't remember the last time we didnt have a Wallace Miles, Chris Matthews or Greg Carr come out of camp ready to start....

There was a point in time when I thought that we were set for a few years with Greg Carr and especially TJH. I thought TJH was going to be a star.

TJH could have been a star but he let a bad attitude ruin him. 

Fuller is more than a fill in.

He's going to be a stud. Wish he had wanted to come here when we had him.

Why didn't they just keep the rights or trade his neg list rights for somebody elses?

Not as simple as that although they may have swapped rights with someone for all we know. Happens frequently behind closed doors.