Moving On -- Looking Ahead To Tuesday

Noeller

I'm not as worried as some, but I'm still worried.

That being said, a group of offensive weapons comprised of Mo Mann, Spencer Watt, Terrell Sinkfield, Steve Slaton, Darvin Adams and whoever Booby Gill is does not scare me. Neither does their offensive or defensive line and while we are beat up, we are healthy where it matters most - in the trenches and at quarterback.

I'm worried that the Bombers run game looks good this week against the Argos. The Argos are no good at stopping the run. Bombers run game will look good and the coaching staff says "problem solved". Meanwhile we go into Sask for the Labour Day game and can't run the ball again.

So you'd have more confidence going into Labour Day if our run game was terrible tomorrow?

I don't know how to know its 'fixed' when playing against lesser competition. Do you?

I just think the Bombers will get a false sense of accomplishment/progress with the running game after this week. When in reality the problem isn't fixed.

Game tape?

Looks like Coombs not only misses this week .. but he's been placed on the 6 game IR as well ..

We absolutely *HAVE* to have our way with the Argo offense ..

They said last week that he has a torn labrum so there wasn't any doubt that he would miss more than one game. If he needs surgery then his season is done.

Mos has not had to make many changes because we are sitting at 5-2 but the oline comes to mind and sitting vets like Suber tells me MOS plays who he thinks is the best.

Suber was hurt in preseason no? So that's a move because of injury, most moves have been made because of injury. Other than that no one has really come off the roster. It is far too premature to go about making claims like "if you don't perform MOS doesn't let you play" If anything he is showing remarkable patience with players.
Suber been healthy for awhile and there was rumblings he should dress last game. MOS has stated since he got here it all about win-losses. You telling me he will put up

with under-performing players because?

Bombers have been trying to trade Suber for a few weeks.

With the new CBA, does anyone know how late in the year you can release a veteran?  

There was nothing in the release from the CFL and CFLPA to indicate there was any change from the previous CBA.

I'm looking at it as, if we have to play on a short work week, I'd want it to be an Eastern team...

In order..Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and then Hamilton. And Toronto only there because of RRay.

With their top offensive weapons out, this equalizes the odds quite nicely and there is probably no other team I'd want Willy to face after a shaky game last week.

As to our running game…who better to get some practice in against?

Of all the woes the Alouettes have, their D-line and linebackers are the least. If the Bombers want to run a lot tonight, they are going to have to work for it. Maybe some screens and flare passes will soften the defense up.

Except for the fact they are playing Toronto.   ;)