Football is a simple game

Our two losses have come against teams currently ranked first and third in getting after the quarterback, maybe first and second by the time this week is over. If you pressure the QB, turnovers will follow. It happened on the sack/fumble and on the second pick as well. Saskatchewan played a textbook football game and they won doing it. Time to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves up and get ready for Toronto. Sucks to lose tonight but we'll be fine.

Well, our O-line for a number of years now has been a work in progress and the injuries it's had to deal with, and rotating in younger guys like Goosen have made this difficult for us no doubt.  That being said, I think the best thing we need to do as fans is not call for heads to roll yet.  That's honestly my only fear of losing with this team is that someone up in management is gonna pull some stupid Lyle E Bauer (aka worst CEO in CFL history) **** and end up wrecking something we built.  Hopefully our current regime isn't like that anymore, but no doubt there's going to be losses like this that we gotta put up with, but move on from and not call for anything irrational when they happen.

The run game has a ton of problems.  Its not all Grigsby, but the he is exacerbating the issues.  Our line can't block.  There's not a heckuva lot we can do right now about that due to all those injuries.  What we can do is put someone in that hits the holes faster and makes better reads.  For my money, that's Cotton but I am willing to look at anyone that isn't Grigsby.

Well, our O-line for a number of years now has been a work in progress and the injuries it's had to deal with, and rotating in younger guys like Goosen have made this difficult for us no doubt.  That being said, I think the best thing we need to do as fans is not call for heads to roll yet.  That's honestly my only fear of losing with this team is that someone up in management is gonna pull some stupid Lyle E Bauer (aka worst CEO in CFL history) **** and end up wrecking something we built.  Hopefully our current regime isn't like that anymore, but no doubt there's going to be losses like this that we gotta put up with, but move on from and not call for anything irrational when they happen.

I don't think anyone is calling for heads to roll. That would be beyond stupid. This team is on the up and up, that can't be questioned. We lost to the Grey Cup champions by 6 points when Chick essentially had a field day and we had 6 picks. We'll be fine - no panic here. I just thought it's some good food for thought to consider who we have lost to and what those teams do best which is rush the passer.

I missed the ST disaster other than the fact that Washington has literally no idea how to carry a football.  If we want a super athlete returning, sign Bo Jackson.  I want a guy who doesn't lose the game for us.

Other than that, our ST really nailed Jackson several times and I liked LH's game.

I missed the ST disaster other than the fact that Washington has literally no idea how to carry a football.  If we want a super athlete returning, sign Bo Jackson.  I want a guy who doesn't lose the game for us.

Other than that, our ST really nailed Jackson several times and I liked LH's game.

I think Woods may have needed a bit of recovery time from some of those head on hits he sustained tonight.  That's the only reason I can think that Washington was in there.  What happened to Stoudermire?  Thought I saw his name on the depth chart.

Washington fumbled a kick return first of all, not a punt return. He actually faked a pitch to the other returner who IMO looked like it was indeed Aaron Woods, washington has always been the other guy back there returning kicks with woods on kick offs.. The riders kicked off, they didn't punt, they just scored a touchdown the play prior on the willy fumble...

Maybe the reason the riders kicked it to washington this time was because for the most part, woods was actually getting some pretty darn good kick return yards out there tonight, almost broke several of them. This time they kicked it to demond and for all the bitching about demond, his fumble only lead to 3 points. 

Wasn't exactly the TSN turning point considering we came back and were actually winning for a while until Willy threw that ill advised 40 yard pass across the field and got picked off for a TOUCHDOWN. 

Seriously, the complaining some do about certain players when in reality that play by washington wasn't really the play that broke our backs, the play that broke our backs was the willy cross the field pass that was intercepted for a TD.. you know the one, the one that gave the riders the lead near the end of the game. 

Even then, we still had a chance to drive down field near the end of the game and win it with a touchdown but nope, another interception. Yup lets concentrate on the guy who didn't cost us the game cuz piling on is fun but ignore the actual reasons we LOST this game. 

Im gonna say it, don't care if i take heat for it... Willy SUCKED in the second half, i can't put it all on him but those interceptions i certainly can.. and those interceptions cost us way more than a fumble that lead to 3 points. 

Poor prep showed tonight, especially at home again. Special teams are a disaster. Need a rudder for the ship.

Some called it weeks ago.

Am I missing something? Special teams had one maybe two (washington returning the first missed field goal) bad plays tonight. The coverage was certainly much better than it has been, probably the best it has been. That one punt where jackson looked up and it was nothing but blue was a thing of beauty. We hit all the field goals, kick offs where nice and deep...one bad fumble and special teams are a disaster??? 

Poor prep showed tonight, especially at home again. Special teams are a disaster. Need a rudder for the ship.

Some called it weeks ago.

Am I missing something? Special teams had one maybe two (washington returning the first missed field goal) bad plays tonight. The coverage was certainly much better than it has been, probably the best it has been. That one punt where jackson looked up and it was nothing but blue was a thing of beauty. We hit all the field goals, kick offs where nice and deep...one bad fumble and special teams are a disaster??? 

Not missing a thing - some people just like to troll after a bad loss.