So what have we learned after week 6?

IC Khari

1. Drew Willy has a flare for the dramatic

2. Riders aren't dead yet

3. Kent Austin is a "frowny face"

4. The Als are a mess, are they getting "paid back" for all the success in the 2000's?

5. Kevin Glenn is about as consistent as Manitoba weather

6. Will Ford's days in Regina may be numbered ;)

7. It's fun to watch Burris lose for some reason

8. Too bad there's only about two thirds of the season left now

9. Bo Levi is not Jeff Garcia

10. Mike O'Shea is my choice for coach of the year so far

11. After the debacle of Tim Horton's field, I hope people across the league cut us some slack on the late IGF probs

12. Hamilton is not as bad as their record (OK they are, but they appear to have some hope)

The Bombers are playing well above there limit and are winning games only because of luck and it's about to run out. They are still a terrible team and will finish last in the league. - Some Rider Fans

And even though the Riders actually lost to the Lions, they're still clearly the superior team. 

Injuries have really impacted some of these teams... last six games will be very different from the first six.  Both Owens and Cornish will come back with something to prove.

- Can't see Mtl or Ham going on a run any time this season.

- Ottawa needs to find a receiver for Burris - or have they run into cap trouble...???

- Bombers are a very well-coached 3-3 team

- Willy and Reilly have the 'it' factor, jury still out on Collaros, DeMarco and Mitchell... Smith, Beck and LeFevour don't

- Edmonton is the real deal despite Jones' ego

- Sask, BC and Toronto could have a late season surge... or late season overhaul

- Calgary might look for a trade (a la Taman 2013) to win the cup

What makes Edmonton for real? and Winnipeg a well coached 3-3 team? 

Seriously, I'd like to know the logic in the last post... I don't get it, you talk about other teams injuries, fail to mention our own, greaves out a couple games, watson out, sears out the last couple games, moore out the last game, why ignore those injuries? They are significant pieces.

Edmonton easily could have lost 2 or 3 games also.

I don't get that logic there in the post above, What i have learned after 6 weeks? No matter how many games the bombers win, no matter who they beat, no matter what injuries they overcome to do it... there will always be a poster or 2 or 10 who just refuse to give credit where credit is due. There will always be posters who ignore our injuries and concentrate on others, there will always be people who refuse to believe actually. you know calgary beat hamilton 10-7 right? and edmonton barely beat hamilton also? 

We could have easily lost 3 games? sure, but so could calgary and edmonton really.. 

Edmonton is for real? why? who have they actually beat so far? we haven't beat anyone good? if we haven't, who the hell has Edmonton beat? 

What have we learned in the first third of the season:

In the East:

Lose your starting QB and most of your starting O line and it will be very difficult to win games.

Hire your HC late, fire your OC in TC and promote an unqualified ex-QB to OC and it will be very difficult to win games.

Lose most of your starting receivers and it will be hard to win games no matter who your QB is.

Expansion teams rarely win many games, especially in the first half of the season.

In the West:

It doesn't matter who's injured, Calgary will be ready to play and win.

Losing Sheets and Dressler is a big deal, will make Durant look worse and will mean a lot less wins.

When a rookie HC and starting QB look like seasoned vets, your team will be in every game.  With a little luck you can turn that into 5-1.

Chris Jones has turned a bad team with a good QB into a good team with a good QB.

Rushing  Glenn gets him off his game which results in losses.  (We actually already knew that)

On these forums:

Winning beats losing every single time, but winning doesn't stop the arguing.

Positron's vs Negatron's will always be good for debates.

Some folks can't let the past go.

Lots of fans haven't learned to win with class.

Bombers fans still have a Rodney Dangerfield mentality and complain about other fans/media disrespecting us.

Saying anything good about another team/player/coach will be met with angry posts.

Here's another thing we learned: Marcel Desjardins isn't a great GM. He was a disaster in Hamilton & I love the fact that losing has probably wiped that smug look off his face. I honestly believe that he thought the redblacks would be 2-3 or even 3-2 at this point. Welcome to reality, Marcel.

They might be 1-4 but they are in second place! ;)

After 1/3 of the season...

Nice to see:

The play of Big League Teague, Bucknor, Thomas, Kelly, Peach, Johnson, Leggett and Willy. (and the regulars of course)

The versatility our defence that has been able to keep us in games.

Julian Feoli-Gudino is for real and a steal on how we got him.

Our no quit attitude, and the belief in each other.

The only thing that has grown more than some of my posts is our OC's playbook.

Mike O'Shea's demeanour on the sidelines.

The 'winnability' of our rookie QB.

Surprised - our lack of depth with our injuries hasn't killed us.

- our RB is still Grigsby

- well…that we're in 1st

Not surprising - Watson looking so good early …then out of the lineup.

- Reaction to our reaction on some media tabloid writing.

- some posters continually focusing on negative points…on a 5-1 season.

- Grigsby in the lineup because...he keeps producing.

- Rider fans are still arrogant.

- Rod Black is hard(er) to take.

After 1/3 of the season...

Nice to see:

The play of Big League Teague, Bucknor, Thomas, Kelly, Peach, Johnson, Leggett and Willy. (and the regulars of course)

The versatility our defence that has been able to keep us in games.

Julian Feoli-Gudino is for real and a steal on how we got him.

Our no quit attitude, and the belief in each other.

The only thing that has grown more than some of my posts is our OC's playbook.

Mike O'Shea's demeanour on the sidelines.

The 'winnability' of our rookie QB.

Surprised - our lack of depth with our injuries hasn't killed us.

- our RB is still Grigsby

- well…that we're in 1st

Not surprising - Watson looking so good early …then out of the lineup.

- Reaction to our reaction on some media tabloid writing.

- some posters continually focusing on negative points…on a 5-1 season.

- Grigsby in the lineup because...he keeps producing.

- Rider fans are still arrogant.

- Rod Black is hard(er) to take.

There's always the Rod Black drinking game. Think TSN cares that 99% of CFL fans think Black is an absolute joke? Think Black cares? 

What I have learned about the East, so far, by team:

Ottawa

At times, RedBlacks have not resembled an expansion team.....

...but not lately.... 

Henry can still suddenly morph into Hank, at a moment's notice....

Worst R and DB combo in league....

Toronto

Burke still in a slump, revamped Argo D victimized nightly.... near bottom of league against run and the pass

Offence solely designed around YAC....doesn't work, with nobody.... who can create it. 

Montreal

Runaway winner of 2013 Blue Bomber Lookalike Contest.  All the ingredients are there:

...interfering ownership, lame duck HC, with the 5000 yd stare, hopeless OC and worst collection of QB's in league.

Not even re-runs of the Don Show.... is going to salvage this mess.

How many years did this franchise have...to prepare for AC's eventual departure?

Hamilton:

Still taking dumb penalties....

Austin still popping gaskets...

One game does not a quarterback, make

Just so you know, when Burris played in Calgary & he had his share of games where he threw a stupid pass into triple coverage for a pick to lose a game he was nicknamed Frank by a local media personality. The nickname stuck in Calgary & Hank didn't like it. When he played like he did last night he's Frank. When he looks All World then he's Hank. Ergo Hank & Frank. The media guy was Bruce Dowbiggin. He wrote the story like a Dr Jekyll-Mr Hyde scenario. 

Seriously, I'd like to know the logic in the last post... I don't get it, you talk about other teams injuries, fail to mention our own, greaves out a couple games, watson out, sears out the last couple games, moore out the last game, why ignore those injuries? They are significant pieces.

I don't get that logic there in the post above, What i have learned after 6 weeks? No matter how many games the bombers win, no matter who they beat, no matter what injuries they overcome to do it... there will always be a poster or 2 or 10 who just refuse to give credit where credit is due. There will always be posters who ignore our injuries and concentrate on others, there will always be people who refuse to believe actually. you know calgary beat hamilton 10-7 right? and edmonton barely beat hamilton also? 

We could have easily lost 3 games? sure, but so could calgary and edmonton really.. 

Edmonton is for real? why? who have they actually beat so far? we haven't beat anyone good? if we haven't, who the hell has Edmonton beat? 

You could try providing an opinion once in a while instead of getting your panties in a bunch about mine.

As for 'who has Edm beat'... well, us for one.  Edm lost the Calgary game because Jones is a very good coach who thinks he is the world's greatest coach.

We won two games against mediocre teams on the last play and got destroyed by the best team we have faced.

Edm and Calgary defences are the best in the league.  To me, that means 'real deal'.

And yeah, they could easily be 3-3 as well... 

I remember last year when we vaulted out to a 1-5 record at the beginning of the year.

There was a point where we 'could' have been 3-3 as well.

We weren't.

We didn't play well enough to win those games.

This year, you say we could be 3-3.

We aren't.

We played well enough to win those games.

I said we were a well-coached 3-3 team... and that our QB has the 'it' factor.  There's your two main differences.

This is all true and not nearly as 'negative' as some posters want to make it out to be.

Look at the roster - our talent level is very similar to last year... exception being the DBs and our kicker.

I remember last year when we vaulted out to a 1-5 record at the beginning of the year.

There was a point where we 'could' have been 3-3 as well.

We weren't.

We didn't play well enough to win those games.

This year, you say we could be 3-3.

We aren't.

We played well enough to win those games.

I said we were a well-coached 3-3 team... and that our QB has the 'it' factor. There's your two main differences.

This is all true and not nearly as 'negative' as some posters want to make it out to be.

Look at the roster - our talent level is very similar to last year... exception being the DBs and our kicker.

and our receivers. and our offensive line.

They're both making a world of difference. I always welcome the discussion but your opinion this time around ... Seems like you're outsmarting yourself a little.

You could try providing an opinion once in a while instead of getting your panties in a bunch about mine.

As for 'who has Edm beat'... well, us for one.  Edm lost the Calgary game because Jones is a very good coach who thinks he is the world's greatest coach.

We won two games against mediocre teams on the last play and got destroyed by the best team we have faced.

Edm and Calgary defences are the best in the league.  To me, that means 'real deal'.

And yeah, they could easily be 3-3 as well... 

LOL. But according to you we aren't a very good team, we are just some well coached 3-3 team so outside of us, who you say isn't very good, who has edmonton beat?

I just don't really get your logic in that post, you talk about other teams injuries but ignore ours? why? How come, why do you take that in to account for the other teams but not for the bombers? I mean seriously, i'm just curious why you'd leave our injuries out but mention other teams injuries? It doesn't make much sense to do that, if you talk about the other teams injuries then you should mention ours also, Mediocre teams? That mediocre hamilton team almost beat that "real deal" edmonton team too and would have tied that "real deal" calgary team if not for a flubbed field goal, why ignore that? Calgary is the real deal eh? they just lost to bc, who we killed just last week. Why not mention that? 

The team that beat the "real deal" calgary is the team we absolutely dominated last week in their house. 

I just don't really understand how you can say certain things about other teams but ignore those same things when talking about the bombers. 

Oh and just for the record, i don't wear panties, and if i did, i certainly wouldn't get them in a  bunch over your posts. Think you take things too seriously on here, i just asked you a simple question or 2 or 3 or 4, why do you ignore what the bombers have overcome but don't ignore it for other teams? why do you ignore the fact that both those "real deal" teams have almost lost to hamilton also, but didn't, neither did we, we didn't lose, we almost did but guess what so did both calgary and edmonton, why do you ignore that calgary lost to the team we just hammered last week.