Argos at Als / Leos at Stampeders

Well, like we said, Mitchell's luck was gonna run out.  I mean this loss wasn't on him, don't get me wrong, but he had the help of special teams and defense in his last two games despite his off target-ness.  This week even though he was fairly on target, he gets let down by those elements of the team.  But this does make our win last week in BC Place loom even larger now.

Ya figure the league is gonna balance out eventually, but it's still crazy to think we got one division here where nearly every team is in the power struggle for tops in the league, while the other is just anyone trying to stay out of the basement.  Crazy.

What a brutal performance by Anthony Parker. Afraid  to take a hit on a catchable football? No excuse. Fumbles on Calgary's final drive to lose the  game. Gotta wonder 1. Why is he playing? & 2. Why throw to him in key situations because he is totally undependable? He deserves to sit after this game with that garbage performance. What a lazy football player. This is his fourth season with the Stamps & he is an enigma. Great athlete but a complete headcase.  

What a brutal performance by Anthony Parker. Afraid  to take a hit on a catchable football? No excuse. Fumbles on Calgary's final drive to lose the  game. Gotta wonder 1. Why is he playing & 2. Why throw to him in key situations. He deserves to sit. What a lazy football player. He'd have fit in with the Bombers in 2013 with all the other quitters. 

Maybe Nik Lewis is back in next game.  Interesting side story with the Stamps big back Martell Mallett out of football for 5 years.  Looked good tonight and Matty loves him.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/31/extended-time-between-snaps-for-stampeders-running-back-martell-mallett

Martell looked good but he's keeping the seat warm for Cornish until  he returns.

Maybe the Bombers could be interested in Mallett ?

Although IMO, Grigsby and Cotton aren't the issue here, run blocking seems to be the main problem.

How come I only saw this for the first time now??

Btb7gDoCIAAGx1e.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Add in "take a shot each time he brings up the NFL" and you'd be dead from alcohol poisoning within the first 5 minutes of a game.

Martell looked good but he's keeping the seat warm for Cornish until  he returns.

Good. Bring him here.

At 215 pounds he might be the remedy for a few BB inadequacies.

I agree Mallett looked good. But I have the feeling the Stamps won't give him up. Plus he's recovering from a torn achilles & he had problems with that during camp, exhibition season as well as the early part of the regular season so is he a back we build the run game around if he became available?