Week 6 Depth Chart

M.O.A.B.

Never really pictured Romby at slot...  I like the guy but he doesn't seem like that down and dirty fighter you need going over the middle

Surprised that we have no import talent ready to step in at receiver...  

Did he not play a lot of slotback when he was with the Bombers the first go around? 

Never really pictured Romby at slot...  I like the guy but he doesn't seem like that down and dirty fighter you need going over the middle

Did he not play a lot of slotback when he was with the Bombers the first go around? 

Maybe...?  I just remember him at wideout though

edit:  just googled a 2008 depth chart... you're right, he's listed as SB with Edwards as boundary receiver

I'm a little surprised Donovan Kemp hasn't been given a shot yet...

Is Hamilton running 2 Nationals in the secondary and D line becuase they have the talent or because they are having trouble with the ratio elsewhere?

I don't know why they are sticking with a national at safety with Butler out.  They may be regretting this halfway through the game against the Bombers.

No worries there still a lot of games left to be played, we're just in our 6th.

Let the vets worked their butts off and help this team get wins in the early going.

That will buy these PR guys enough time to learn the CFL and the team's schemes.

Continuity is very important to O'shea and so far it's doing us good.

They will get their chances sooner or later.

Let the vets worked their butts off and help this team get wins in the early going.

That will buy these PR guys enough time to learn the CFL and the team's schemes.

How does bringing in Romby Bryant after three games, starting him at WR and then moving him to SB for game 6 fall under 'continuity'?

How does bringing in Romby Bryant after three games, starting him at WR and then moving him to SB for game 6 fall under 'continuity'?

I guess you missed the part where Nick Moore won't be playing this week, injuries effect continuity. 

Look at it this way, Bryant was on the roster to replace Kelly, Kelly is now back so he takes his WR spot back, but Moore goes out with injury so Bryant replaces him at his slotback position. It's continuity. 

Quite frankly I don't see Kelly as a slotback type anyway. Use him to be big on deep routes one on one, it's what he's good at, I think Bryant can be more versatile in the middle. 

I guess you missed the part where Nick Moore won't be playing this week, injuries effect continuity. 

I was looking more at the part where WRs and SBs practice different routes...   and the depth chart that lists Aaron Woods as our backup SB

Look at it this way, Bryant was on the roster to replace Kelly, Kelly is now back so he takes his WR spot back, but Moore goes out with injury so Bryant replaces him at his slotback position. It's continuity. 

Quite frankly I don't see Kelly as a slotback type anyway. Use him to be big on deep routes one on one, it's what he's good at, I think Bryant can be more versatile in the middle. 

Not sure where they had him on the depth chart, but Kelly has played exclusively slot this season, and been fairly productive.  Denmark had been playing boundary WR before all the injuries.

Not a fan of Romby.  Reminds me of when the tube of toothpaste is basically empty and I twist it to squeeze anything that's left out.  That's where he's at in his career.  I'd be surprised if he makes any difficult catches.

Bowman was a missile against the redblacks.  He was making plays all over the field. 

Brandon Stewart played field corner for us, right?  He's listed at HB in Hamilton.  A promotion for him?  HB is going to see more balls than the field corner, right?

Bowman was a missile against the redblacks.  He was making plays all over the field. 

Brandon Stewart played field corner for us, right?  He's listed at HB in Hamilton.  A promotion for him?  HB is going to see more balls than the field corner, right?

For sure.  He played a bit of halfback here in 2010, I think, and he wasn't very good at it... but that's 4 years ago.  I'm not sure how he has been doing in Hamilton so far.

For sure.  He played a bit of halfback here in 2010, I think, and he wasn't very good at it... but that's 4 years ago.  I'm not sure how he has been doing in Hamilton so far.

Stewart was always one of those big athletic guys here who seemed to have trouble grasping the intricacies of the postiion. Not sure putting him in a more difficult position is the way to go. 

as if the initial depth chart listing means much ... the receivers are bundled according to ball position and the play  call ...  they know where each receiver will set up against the expected defensive scheme .... we are playing with not against an Etch style on both sides of the ball ..... this isn't British redcoats positioning in regimen formation but more like guerilla warfare ... sheesh

I wonder how much roster management will be different next year. Seems like this year its a lot easier to put guys on 1 gm injury since they have a lot more cap room with the raise in it for this year and not a lot of that new money tied up in existing contracts.