Winnipeg vs. Hamilton discussion thread

If Greaves is back on the OL and Sears still injured, I think you have to look at inserting Suber and moving Johnson to CB (rotate Bucknor in by moving Johnson back to HB)

Rotation of Thomas/Anderson/Turner has gone well, Teague Sherman is getting better and better.

Bucknor is decent but gets thrown to a lot... fresh legs would help.

Or perhaps leave Johnson at HB and put in Markett at corner, if he is healthy.

I would rather have them DI Cotton so that if Grigsby is having a problem making the yardage Cotton can come in. Hamiltons D will get some of their starters (Lawrence and Murray) back so we need to bulk up our O especially our running game.

I would rather have them DI Cotton so that if Grigsby is having a problem making the yardage Cotton can come in. Hamiltons D will get some of their starters (Lawrence and Murray) back so we need to bulk up our O especially our running game.

I'd rather we start Cotton, and DI someone who can help on teams or in the secondary.  Grigsby's a nice guy and had a great start, but Cotton had the starter's job won in TC before he got hurt.  Now Grigsby's hot start has trailed, and I think the guy that earned the starting nod deserves his opportunity.  Cotton's got some special talent.  Killer wheels, and vision. 

I'm not a fan of wasting a roster spot on a second import running back unless he's also your returner.

We just need to wrap up the QB when given the chance.  That was the biggest struggle with Reilly.  If they had brought him down when they actually made contact or had contain then that game is much closer.

Agreed. Most those big gains by Reilly, he was pretty much stopped behind the line of scrimmage or really maybe he would have gained 2 or 3 yards instead of the 10-20 he did gain, Did a better job of tackling this past week although the earnest jackson catch and run was a little embarrassing. 

Did we really get killed by Edmonton even? I mean he see people on here calling it a blow out? was it though? Or was it just a bad game for us, Edmonton wasn't that great really, thought both teams played pretty bad actually, If we could have tackled Reilly, man that game would have been like 10-3 final. LOL

Hamilton? not so worried, Contain Lefevour and we should win this one easily, didn't think Hamilton was as good as they were last year, don't think they are as bad as they have been this year but, gonna say this is probably not as close as some are expecting it to be. Really don't think Hamilton beating Ottawa means anything. 

Not convinced about Cotton cuz all of you  guys on here hype him way way too much, nothing to do with his 1 carry or his inability to catch kick returns vs Edmonton, just that generally when this many of you on a forum hype a guy, he doesn't last long. Really not convinced Grigsby is the problem, I'm not really sure what Cotton could do without much blocking either, All RB'S need some help, Grigsby hasn't got much the last couple weeks and I doubt it changes if Cotton plays.

One would think if Cotton was that much better than Grigsby, he would be playing but he's not..

This dislike of  Grigsby has been going on for some time with some of you on here, dating all the way back to when they signed him in the first place. 

How bout sit Grigsby and Cotton, they both have played so far, roster bolton and see what he can do instead. 

Not convinced about Grigsby or Cotton

I believe Cotton didn't have any practice with the first team O yet. So I think we should give him a fair chance to show what he can.

For I once, I'm glad we are not talking re musical chair involving QBs. I willy, willy like my Willy.

Not convinced about Cotton cuz all of you  guys on here hype him way way too much, nothing to do with his 1 carry or his inability to catch kick returns vs Edmonton, just that generally when this many of you on a forum hype a guy, he doesn't last long. Really not convinced Grigsby is the problem, I'm not really sure what Cotton could do without much blocking either, All RB'S need some help, Grigsby hasn't got much the last couple weeks and I doubt it changes if Cotton plays.

One would think if Cotton was that much better than Grigsby, he would be playing but he's not..

This dislike of  Grigsby has been going on for some time with some of you on here, dating all the way back to when they signed him in the first place. 

to me Cotton was the most impressive Bomber in pre-season. So he had the one shovel pass bounce off his face against Edmonton, it was just one play. He got another play at the end of the game and it was the single best offensve play made all game (yeah it was garbage time) IF he's not trying to catch punts and just running the ball I think we need to give him a chance. 

I'm not really worried about Renaud. With 3 nationals on Oline, where does everyone see the extra import playing?

I'd like to see (assuming these guys are healthy) these changes to our 44:

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

I'm assuming Greaves might take Alexander's spot on the 46.  Bucknor and Sherman would be able to rotate in one NI spot on D, and if they are on the field at the same time we could go all import on the DL.

Did you watch the pre-season or pay attention to the first week of the season?  Grigsby made the team because Cotton and Ford were injured.  Cotton won the job and got hurt in the 4th quarter of the 2nd pre-season game.  The hype isn't coming from nowhere.

Grigsby has been awful.  You can't block for a guy who runs 10 yards east-west before he makes a cut upfield.

I'm not really worried about Renaud. With 3 nationals on Oline, where does everyone see the extra import playing?

I'd like to see (assuming these guys are healthy) these changes to our 42:

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

I'm assuming Greaves might take Alexander's spot on the 44.  Bucknor and Sherman would be able to rotate in one NI spot on D, and if they are on the field at the same time we could go all import on the DL.

Kelly will definitely be back on his spot if he's healthy and Bryant will be either on the 46 or 1-game IR.

Greaves will come in this week barring any setback. Knapp will go to 1-game IR. so -1 Intl.

I agree with Cotton for Grigsby.

Unamba played well last game so I dont he's coming off. But we can definitely roster one of Suber/Markett to complete the 20 Int'l.

No need to take off 1 of Norris/Cornell, Swiston (who took Alexander's spot) can move from 44 to 46.

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

I'm assuming Greaves might take Alexander's spot on the 44.  Bucknor and Sherman would be able to rotate in one NI spot on D, and if they are on the field at the same time we could go all import on the DL.

Kelly will definitely be back on his spot if he's healthy and Bryant will be either on the 46 or 1-game IR.

Greaves will come in this week barring any setback. Knapp will go to 1-game IR. so -1 Intl.

Unamba played well last game so I dont he's coming off. But we can definitely roster one of Suber/Markett to complete the 20 Int'l.

No need to take off 1 of Norris/Cornell, Swiston (who took Alexander's spot) can move from 44 to 46.

Good point.

Unamba isn't as good as Markett or Suber on D.  They can all play that gunner spot on cover teams, all have at various stages of their career.  I'd much rather have Markett and Suber available for D.

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

Good point.

Unamba isn't as good as Markett or Suber on D.  They can all play that gunner spot on cover teams, all have at various stages of their career.  I'd much rather have Markett and Suber available for D.

who plays WIL/Dollar if Dunn goes down?

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

Good point.

Probably end up with Kuale and Wild on the field at all times, maybe an extra DB on passing downs.  I'm not sure that Unamba would get a lot of reps over Wild and Kuale if Dunn went down in any game to this point.

IN

Kelly

Cotton

Greaves

Markett

Suber

OUT

Bryant

Grigsby

Knapp/Howard

Unamba

Norris/Cornell

Good point.

Probably end up with Kuale and Wild on the field at all times, maybe an extra DB on passing downs.  I'm not sure that Unamba would get a lot of reps over Wild and Kuale if Dunn went down in any game to this point.

Make sense. Definitely, there's room on the 44 for Suber and Markett with Knapp going out and Unamba, IF they're willing to do that change.

If they could get Kelly back I think that would help. It's painfully obvious that Willy and Bryant are not anywhere close to being on the same page and they do seem to like having that big tall receiver as an option.

look at you...by the end of the year, you're gonna be Kelly Fan #1 :)

Jim Toth ‏@JimTothSports 1m

More injury trouble on #Bombers O-Line as Dan Knapp is injured. @BobIrvingCJOB will have more from practice today.

Not concerned by this at all actually. Hamilton only has six sacks so far this season. Goossen should be able to hold himself just fine.

Swiston time !?

You know what they say: A Swiston time saves nine (yards, that is).