Winnipeg vs. Hamilton discussion thread

This is a game that crazy as it sounds, I'm more concerned of than I was going against BC this last week.  I knew if we could shut down or contain Arceneaux, we had a better chance of forcing some mistakes out of Kevin Glenn and we did just that.  And I knew if our O just stayed within it's gameplan and stayed patient enough to figure out the BC defense we also had a shot.  Course Mr Hajrullahu also had a bit to do with that as well, but still pretty good.

This Hamilton team is one that I think you gotta toss the record out the window with and for good reason.  Their 1-3 record doesn't tell the story entirely correct.

They had to open up their season with 3 games on the road in brutal places, Regina, Edmonton, and Calgary.  That's pretty much getting thrown into the fire right away.  And 2 of those games they almost won despite losing Collaros, and that is saying something.  Plus being 1-3 isn't something new for these guys (see last year), and with the East still anyone's to take, they'll be wanting to just start with 1 win at a time to do so.

My concern with our team is that this is that they're young and for many of these guys, this success is something that could go to their head if they aren't careful.  It's awesome to see wins early here, and you want that to build a team's confidence, but you also don't want them getting too overconfident.  I tend to think that part of the collapse of 2011 in which we started 7-1 and finished 3-7 with, was that the guys didn't know how to handle that success, and in some cases got lazy with it.  Part of that was on Lapo, but at the end of the day the players do gotta treat every team as though they are the best, and it will be on them Thursday to get up and play these guys like they are the best.

I think what you do here, is try and force LeFevour to stay in the pocket.  If he's forced to stay in there and scan the whole field around from there, I think he'll struggle due to his limited arm strength.  If he gets outside the pocket and scrambles around to throw, he definitely could hurt the D.

On O, just keep feeding that ball to Grigsby, and he'll wear down the TiCat D I think.

I'm interested to see what happens with this QB situation in Hamilton as the year moves on.  Obviously the TigerCats spent the bucks on Collaros, but if LeFevour becomes the hot hand and generates the prime of their O, you stay with him right?  If that happens, I'm wondering if they trade Collaros to BC at the end of this.

I'd also have to say I am concerned with LeFlavs running on us.  Hope they can at least tackle him on first contact :)  Also afraid of Bowman making some big hits.  The guy seems to be back and in great form.  He was laying some big hits on ST and on the D.  Kinda glad they actually won last week so just in case we lose we weren't the team to give them their first W :)  We tend to always give teams their first win. 

I guess I'm wondering too which receiver do you try and box up to try and limit the hot read damage?  Andy Fantuz? Samuel Giguere? Or Bakari Grant?  For some reason I'm thinking Giguere.

if that's the case good luck because he will be out on #RandleIsland which has been a deserted island for WR.

kelownabomberfan, on 28 Jul 2014 - 2:19 PM, said:

kelownabomberfan, on 28 Jul 2014 - 2:19 PM, said:

I guess I'm wondering too which receiver do you try and box up to try and limit the hot read damage?  Andy Fantuz? Samuel Giguere? Or Bakari Grant?  For some reason I'm thinking Giguere.

When it comes to hot reads, Rod Black agrees with your assessment of Giguere.

Well, let's just hope it's Cuthbert and Suitor for this one then.

Fantuz is still their best receiver.  He will get his catches, just gotta limit the damage, and make good tackles.

Did someone say Sears is back practicing?  Inserting Greaves on the OL and Sears over Teague Sherman is a nice boost for the team.  No disrespect to Teague intended... but Sears is quite clearly the better player.

If Greaves is back on the OL and Sears still injured, I think you have to look at inserting Suber and moving Johnson to CB (rotate Bucknor in by moving Johnson back to HB)

Rotation of Thomas/Anderson/Turner has gone well, Teague Sherman is getting better and better.

Bucknor is decent but gets thrown to a lot... fresh legs would help.