It's a Win Baby!

Mark H.

Hey folks - what's with all the negative vibes today?

I would say this game unfolded pretty much exactly the way it needed to if the Bombers were going to win.  A smothering performance from the D combined with a workmanlike approach from the O.  Well okay, BC blew several opportunities (holding on ST's really hurt them) to help our cause. 

I for one was not expecting the O to be very productive against the best pass D in the CFL.  250 yards through the air and some MUCH IMPROVED protection for Drew Willy is pretty darn decent  Not to mention a beautifully executed hitch on the Denmark TD.  

Grigsby had his up and downs but play-action seemed to be effective when they used it.  He was a key release valve on a couple of blitzes.  

The D kept Harris in check and got pressure on Glenn right from the get-go.  Harris / Logan looked decent but never really did any serious damage.  To me it looked like Etch was forcing BC to beat them with the pass, and quite frankly they couldn't.  

ST was looking good too - nice work on coverage, kicking (!), and punting.  

After years of suffering through horrible teams, I think a lot of people are still waiting for the bottom to fallout.   We will see what this team is really made of after Labour day.

But you are right.  We are 4 -1, just spanked BC in BC.   Didn't even give up a TD.  Lets enjoy it.

After years of suffering through horrible teams, I think a lot of people are still waiting for the bottom to fallout.   We will see what this team is really made of after Labour day.

But you are right.  We are 4 -1, just spanked BC in BC.   Didn't even give up a TD.  Lets enjoy it.

Precisely.

The bottom did fall out last week - but the team proved they could bounce back.  I'm looking forward to seeing Greaves, Kelly, and hopefully Watson back in their starting roles.  

O'Shea told me that when Watson is ready to return he'll be eased back into the lineup. First playing ST's and then will take some snaps on offense.

3 Canadian receivers who are legitimate starters - maybe our National depth isn't so bad after all.

(Someone should tell the CFL their new jargon makes a football discussion sound like an election campaign)

O'Shea told me that when Watson is ready to return he'll be eased back into the lineup. First playing ST's and then will take some snaps on offense.

O'Shea talks to you? Who are you his wife?

Funny. I asked him on the CJOB show.

How did they manage to squeeze you in between commercials????

O'Shea talks to you? Who are you his wife?

Funny. I asked him on the CJOB show.

How did they manage to squeeze you in between commercials????

He pretended to pitch one.....

It was the perfect road game. Control the clock, defense steps up and doesn't give the home crowd any reason to cheer. Just suck the life out of the Lions and win without ever really having any doubts about the outcome.

Yeah it was like a morgue in the building most of the game. My in-laws were bored and hated every minute, so naturally I was up and dancing along with the Felions at every possible opportunity just to rub it in. Payback for soooo many times I've had to watch the Bombers suckkkkkk against the Lions and get bugged non-stop.