Ahem ... Kevin Glenn ...

IC Khari

Oey vey...those who don't get the game they pretend to understand...

Shouldn't have to explain this but here we go.  It's okay to call Glenn a lousy QB for playing a bad game but not Ray?  How about considering that each individual player is just one component of a team and not solely responsible for wins or losses?  Even if they are the QB they can only perform well if their teammates provide adequate support and in both of these games that was not the case.

Are you really going to call Ray a lousy QB because of one bad game?

Games Played:  178

Comp Pct:  67.5

Yards:  47,466

TDs:  251

Ints:  143

Rating  98.0

Grey Cups:  3

Games Played:   219

Comp Pct:  62.0

Yards:  39,418

TDs:   222

Ints:  151

Rating:  90.3

Grey Cups:  0

Guess which stat line belongs to which QB.  They've both had long enough careers on good teams and bad to smooth over the "bumps"

Is there any situation where you would choose Glenn as your QB over Ray?

Shouldn't have to explain this but here's we go.  It's okay to call Glenn a lousy QB for playing a bad game but not Ray?  How about considering that each individual player is just one component of a team and not solely responsible for wins or losses?  Even if they are the QB they can only perform well if their teammates provide adequate support and in both of these games that was not the case.

You're bang on except for.....

the fact that Ray is missing his top three receivers, and his most potent weapons this past game were a rookie and a receiver who hasn't played football in a year and a half.

Meanwhile Glenn has Harris, Logan, Arceneaux, Gore, and Taylor.

But hey, lets point the finger at Ray in this one. It's not like the tools Glenn has would be of any use to him.

Shouldn't have to explain this but here's we go.  It's okay to call Glenn a lousy QB for playing a bad game but not Ray?  How about considering that each individual player is just one component of a team and not solely responsible for wins or losses?  Even if they are the QB they can only perform well if their teammates provide adequate support and in both of these games that was not the case.

You're bang on except for.....

the fact that Ray is missing his top three receivers, and his most potent weapons this past game were a rookie and a receiver who hasn't played football in a year and a half.

Meanwhile Glenn has Harris, Logan, Arceneaux, Gore, and Taylor.

But hey, lets point the finger at Ray in this one. It's not like the tools Glenn has would be of any use to him.

Okay, I guess I do have to explain it.

The following post.....

"Hey don't look now but the league's best QB is looking like **** in Sask.  Ray's a bum!"

Is 100% poly-unsaturated SARCASM.

Ray is done, been saying that for weeks. No head or shoulder,knee or toes. Maybe heading to the KFL next season.

Been drinking?

This kind of talk was going on while RR was playing on those shoddy Eskimo teams. Eventually he gets traded to Toronto for a bag of footballs...

Hindsight is 20/20, but Walters deserves CFL executive of the year for not trading for this broken down, 2008 version of Mr. Glenn ...

Foresight can also be 20/20.  Building up a team for the future isn't easy to do if you trade away picks and don't give your young QB's chances to compete and learn.

Glenn is Glenn.  He'll have some good games and some bad ones.  They will average out...to average.  It would have been a great decision to have him on our bench if we didn't have to give up anything higher than a 4th rounder to do it, not because Glenn is broken down, but because we need to build up our NI talent in the worst way possible.  Can't get something for nothing most days, even Brohm cost something.  As it turns out, he might be good enough to fill in and pull out wins.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Walters deserves CFL executive of the year for not trading for this broken down, 2008 version of Mr. Glenn ...

Foresight can also be 20/20.  Building up a team for the future isn't easy to do if you trade away picks and don't give your young QB's chances to compete and learn.

Glenn is Glenn.  He'll have some good games and some bad ones.  They will average out...to average.  It would have been a great decision to have him on our bench if we didn't have to give up anything higher than a 4th rounder to do it, not because Glenn is broken down, but because we need to build up our NI talent in the worst way possible.  Can't get something for nothing most days, even Brohm cost something.  As it turns out, he might be good enough to fill in and pull out wins.

The Bombers will find out how much they could have used Glenn when and if Willy goes down for multiple games.  If Brohm or Marve can step in and win games than obviously  there was no need for his services.  One thing is for certain to become a top level team consistently in the CFL the backup QB has to be capable of providing 3-4 wins per season when called upon.  Only BC, Cgy and maybe EE with Nichols are currently secure in the QB position.  Funny but the RR may have the greatest drop off in the QB position in all the league, sure hope nothing happens to Durant!

Put any QB behind that crap OL in BC and see how they do.

Their OL is truly awful.  Worst in the league right now.

In the second half I was watching the BC bench and the O-Line was constantly huddling together and the coach was furiously diagraming stuff. I was thinking "oh man they're going to get better now" and then boom Bryant Turner or Zach Anderson would just walk in and touch Glenn and he would fall down. I think in the second half Glenn was just gone mentally after that first drive, he had mentally checked out like I've seen him so many times before, especially when he played in Winnipeg. When he decides he's seen enough and doesn't want to play anymore it's time to pull him, but BC has nobody to put in behind him right now. I think when Lulay comes back BC will be a force to contend with. They just are rudderless and leaderless right now.

Put any QB behind that crap OL in BC and see how they do.

Their OL is truly awful.  Worst in the league right now.

In the second half I was watching the BC bench and the O-Line was constantly huddling together and the coach was furiously diagraming stuff. I was thinking "oh man they're going to get better now" and then boom Bryant Turner or Zach Anderson would just walk in and touch Glenn and he would fall down. I think in the second half Glenn was just gone mentally after that first drive, he had mentally checked out like I've seen him so many times before, especially when he played in Winnipeg. When he decides he's seen enough and doesn't want to play anymore it's time to pull him, but BC has nobody to put in behind him right now. I think when Lulay comes back BC will be a force to contend with. They just are rudderless and leaderless right now.

Glenn is a funny duck and hard to read.  They showed an interview with him during the last game and he intends to play another 3-4 years.  At his age you'd think he'd had enough and would welcome retirement but that isn't the case so I guess he enjoys what he's doing.   He owns a couple of Tim Hortons so don't think he's playing strictly for the money.