Henoc/extension/tidbit In Penton Piece

rebusrankin

Just watched the game again... the Defence played well - its just the same old story... they were on the field for almost the entire second half.

By the fourth quarter, Reilly had figured out Creehan's blitzing... basically, they started doing what we did in the first quarter.

If you want to cut someone, cut Bo Smith and banish Cauchy to ST.

With Henoc it doesn't look like the issue is with him being in Manitoba... he just wants the money and he'll wait until he gets all offers before signing.      Most players would do the same....

As with Labatte, intangibles can come into play. You'll play for a little less to eat Mom's home cooking. I don't recall ever losing a Winnipeg guy to free agency that we really wanted to keep but maybe that's because we haven't had enough of them around to find out.

As with Labatte, intangibles can come into play. You'll play for a little less to eat Mom's home cooking.

As close as his family is it doesn't seem like Henoc has a problem playing away from home. There are a number of good schools with good football programs in Southern Ontario but he chose to go to St. FX in Nova Scotia. 

It's all going to come down to selling (our) potential free agents on our ability to build a winning culture here in Winnipeg .. if Walters / Miller can't do that .. we're going to lose more than Muamba to free agency. 

And for the record, I agree with Irving when he says losing Muamba would be akin to losing Labatte .. this is a kid that's only going to get better the more he plays ..

Edited by voodoochylde
(out) to (our)

It's all going to come down to selling (out) potential free agents on our ability to build a winning culture here in Winnipeg .. if Walters / Miller can't do that .. we're going to lose more than Muamba to free agency. 

And for the record, I agree with Irving when he says losing Muamba would be akin to losing Labatte .. this is a kid that's only going to get better the more he plays ..

Yup, there was a time when players actually used to take less money just to stay a Bomber, not that long ago either, they have to get back to being a place that players want to play. Basically, a chance to win every year.

You JUST called Muamba "exceptional by NI standards" on the other site.

Make up your damn mind.

I think he's an exceptional athlete for a NI just not a great starting MLB. :D  

Dude, the more I read your posts, the more I think you're just a troll.

It makes absolutely no sense to break the bank on this guy, which you're going to have to do come free agency, at the position that he plays. He can be replaced by an import at a substantial cost savings that should be used toward either the an oline position or franchise QB, it's just that simple. Even if was a franchise type player, it still doesn't make any sense.....that money needs to go elsewhere, end of story.

Depends what the situation is.  Is it Henoc just wants to determine his maximum worth and if Bombers match, he returns or does he not like it here and all things being equal would rather play somewhere else (for whatever reason)?

I would assume his brother gets a better opportunity to develop here if Henoc re-signs.

Depends what the situation is.  Is it Henoc just wants to determine his maximum worth and if Bombers match, he returns or does he not like it here and all things being equal would rather play somewhere else (for whatever reason)?

I would assume his brother gets a better opportunity to develop here if Henoc re-signs.

Develop into what? How many years has he been playing?

Develop into what? How many years has he been playing?

Develops into a lazier bum?

Everything I've heard from all parties on the situation, including the pregame interview Irving had with Henoc seems like the guy just wants to get paid and that his agent has convinced him there's some big time dollar bills out there to go get.