Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

Lieble just likes to whine about everything.

the worst part of westwood is how he says 1290, 1290.ca randomly.

I get that he has to say it a certain amount of times or whatever but he says it mid sentence and in response to questions and jusy randomly

What did I miss? We just fired the CEO & GM so Buck's Buck's the starter now??? Last time I looked Burke was still the HC. he was the one who benched him. He'd look stupid giving him his job back.

It was implied a number of times on the radio today that the decision behind the quarterbacks was very similar to how Mack interfered in ordering Lapo to start Drink instead of Jyles in 2010. Whether anything changes for next week, who knows?

It was implied a number of times on the radio today that the decision behind the quarterbacks was very similar to how Mack interfered in ordering Lapo to start Drink instead of Jyles in 2010. Whether anything changes for next week, who knows?

didn't Lapo put to rest all that nonsense that he was forced to start Brink anyway? God the media in Winnipeg are nothing but a bunch of rumour mongers. They'd improve their shows ten fold if they'd read threads from here instead of talking themselves. 

didn't Lapo put to rest all that nonsense that he was forced to start Brink anyway? God the media in Winnipeg are nothing but a bunch of rumour mongers. They'd improve their shows ten fold if they'd read threads from here instead of talking themselves. 

I don't recall to be honest, but it was apparent pretty quick Brink wasn't ready, and I doubt Lapo would have been dumb enough to start a raw rookie while the team was still in playoff contention at the time, and as bad as it was, Jyles did give the team the best chance at the time.

Joe Mack wanted his guys in there, didn't matter if they were the best guy for the job or what his coaches thought. Lapo basically told him to go f himself when he started sticking his nose into the coaching staff too. All this man love for a guy who was a control freak who undermined his coaches, good riddance.

I don't recall to be honest, but it was apparent pretty quick Brink wasn't ready, and I doubt Lapo would have been dumb enough to start a raw rookie while the team was still in playoff contention at the time, and as bad as it was, Jyles did give the team the best chance at the time.

he may have given them the best chance to win, but most games he'd do just enough to not win. It's not surprise that they would have been looking for more. A lot of things got attributed to Mack that Lapo has flat out said were his ideas. Brink was one, Crowton was another, people just seem more willing to blame Mack. 

he may have given them the best chance to win, but most games he'd do just enough to not win. It's not surprise that they would have been looking for more. A lot of things got attributed to Mack that Lapo has flat out said were his ideas. Brink was one, Crowton was another, people just seem more willing to blame Mack. 

That is definitely true. This is 100% because LaPo was a nice guy whereas Mack wasn't relatable (wasn't in the media much, and didn't make knee-jerk moves to appease fans).

People are way over reacting the Bombers current state. This isn't like when Mike Kelly gutted the team and this isn't like when Taman locked up all our salary money on old crusty players.

We have a really young team, lots of talent in various positions, we have depth , draft picks and should have lots of free room under the cap.

Truly all we need is a few guys on the o line, qb stability, and a good oc.

People are way over reacting on the current state. Remember if we had someone average like Glenn and say Doug berry has our oc.... We would of won our first three games easily.

I'm hoping they bring in a gm who won't take other teams scraps (boatman) and who will bring in guys to compete on a regular basis.

Burke can only stay of he gives full control of the offense to somebody who knows what they are doing. I.e somebody who will bench Pierce and not flip flop on him.

People are way over reacting the Bombers current state. This isn't like when Mike Kelly gutted the team and this isn't like when Taman locked up all our salary money on old crusty players.

We have a really young team, lots of talent in various positions, we have depth , draft picks and should have lots of free room under the cap.

Truly all we need is a few guys on the o line, qb stability, and a good oc.

People are way over reacting on the current state. Remember if we had someone average like Glenn and say Doug berry has our oc.... We would of won our first three games easily.

I'm hoping they bring in a gm who won't take other teams scraps (boatman) and who will bring in guys to compete on a regular basis.

Burke can only stay of he gives full control of the offense to somebody who knows what they are doing. I.e somebody who will bench Pierce and not flip flop on him.

This I like this. When Mack walked in he inherited a few really good players but not much else beyond that no draft picks, no promising young NIs in the system, very little actual depth. What we have now is a good base to build on but probably lack a couple of those top level people. So a new GM comes in with lots of work with, lots of options for what to do. Aside from not having that established QB it's a pretty good situation for a new GM to walk into.

This I like this. When Mack walked in he inherited a few really good players but not much else beyond that no draft picks, no promising young NIs in the system, very little actual depth. What we have now is a good base to build on but probably lack a couple of those top level people. So a new GM comes in with lots of work with, lots of options for what to do. Aside from not having that established QB it's a pretty good situation for a new GM to walk into.

This is why I think they should trade for Tate now while the Calgary fans are against him because he could really be the best stop gap qb we can get before moving to Goltz or whoever else full time..

THERE IT IS!

The only thing that counts in all of this 26 pages of anger and frustration.  If Troy believes in it, I'm out.  

And the day Troy gets on the board, is the day I pull support.  That guy is beyond ridiculous.  For someone who 'played' football, he has an amazingly low amount of real knowledge.

There are very few if any things that could make me question my fandom but Troy Westwood being relied on to provide an educated decision on the future of the Bombers would be near the top of the list.