My Zany Idea For The Full Rebuild Next Year

Brandon

Dinwiddie was known for being a big time strategic guy who spent lots of time going over game film and game planning. He coached at Boise state and is a consultant with Montreal. So why not?

because people are idiots and think that because Dinwiddie threw 4 ints in that grey cup game or whatever that he's a ***** who has to wear a helmet walking around all the time. 

Instead of picking coaches for each position, let's focus on getting a quality head guy who knows how to surround himself with the people that fit his mantra.

Burke is not that guy. Especially because, in my opinion, Burke doesn't even have a mantra. He is the epitome of a coach who seems to just be wingin it

It's kind of ironic that we went from a HC who micro-managed the offence to one how is completely hands off and we've had basically the same results. 

If Burke did let Crowton go mid-season does he know anyone he could bring in to replace Crowton or are all his contacts on the defensive side of things?

I don't know that Khari Jones is ready to be an OC here. It'll really take a brilliant offensive mind to turn this offence around. Somebody like Cortez or Dave Dickenson. Who knows, Maybe Dave will want to come join his brother lol

Id love to have Khari as QB coach though. To hell with Pierce I say. I don't necessarily want to get rid of Burke and Creehan.

I think Joe Mack really needs to focus on the offensive line, that's where it all starts. When developing a QB, It would be wise to try and get a top tier O-line.

If he cant necessarily make a trade for one, try Swiston or Pencer at Guard and Douglas at T. Aren't we just hiding Douglas on the IR? I really don't remember him being as bad as Boatmen.

We need a full purge guys. Can't just spackle the cracks and hope this boat will float. 

If I'm on that board I am quietly putting together a short but impressive list of potential GM's that can finally fix this.

Because, we are in a GREAT spot -- if we act. Our team is young and the dispersal draft is going mean a lot more league parity. 

With the right GM hiring people, including a decent QB, we could easily be a playoff team next year. 

I don't know that Khari Jones is ready to be an OC here. 

why isn't he? Guy ran a fine offense in Hamilton with Kevin Glenn and a bunch of spare parts at receiver. He was basically the OC when he first got to Winnipeg as well if I remember right. The guy knows his business when it comes to offense in the CFL.

Instead of picking coaches for each position, let's focus on getting a quality head guy who knows how to surround himself with the people that fit his mantra.

Burke is not that guy. Especially because, in my opinion, Burke doesn't even have a mantra. He is the epitome of a coach who seems to just be wingin it

best summation of the situation i've read. it's an offence that seemingly has no core philosophy or tenets. no identity.

He's the offensive quality control coach for the Als. Mike Miller was their QB coach in addition to being OC and assistant HC. Their website hasn't been changed to show the changes they've made other than removing Hawkins and adding HC to Popp.

Just as some of us find it funny when people assume he won't make a great coach because he isn't a great QB.

Agreed. Or funny that people think Goltz has good mechanics, even though Burke said himself on his coaches show the reason why Goltz is so inaccurate is because of his piss poor footwork on drop backs.

I am surprised that Jacque Chapdelaine name is not brought up as candidate.

I think its because he was not successful when he switched to Edmonton, even though he had Ricky Ray. He turned tail and ran back to BC, where it seems everyone is successful.

why isn't he? Guy ran a fine offense in Hamilton with Kevin Glenn and a bunch of spare parts at receiver. He was basically the OC when he first got to Winnipeg as well if I remember right. The guy knows his business when it comes to offense in the CFL.

I just don't think that after one year of being an OC he would be ready to turn this mess around. He didn't develop the schemes/plays while he was here, he just called them.

Don't get me wrong though, I think he'd be an improvement over Crowton, I just want someone more established to be OC here. I think we need someone who has a lot of experience and has a proven track record to turn this mess around.

If a guy like Lapolice cant turn our Offense around, who ran a fine offence in Sask, why would Khari be able too?

If we had hired an offensive head Coach, like Dave Dickenson, or Doug Berry, Someone he could bounce Ideas off of, I certainly would be more comfortable hiring Khari as OC.

I just don't think that after one year of being an OC he would be ready to turn this mess around. He didn't develop the schemes/plays while he was here, he just called them.

Don't get me wrong though, I think he'd be an improvement over Crowton, I just want someone more established to be OC here. I think we need someone who has a lot of experience and has a proven track record to turn this mess around.

If a guy like Lapolice cant turn our Offense around, who ran a fine offence in Sask, why would Khari be able too?

If we had hired an offensive head Coach, like Dave Dickenson, or Doug Berry, Someone he could bounce Ideas off of, I certainly would be more comfortable hiring Khari as OC.

Good points. Remember when we beat Hamilton in the 2011 East final? Hootie made some interesting posts afterwards.  He said Khari KNEW that he didn't have the offensive line to beat Winnipeg. It was true...our dominant front 7 (on a cold November day), shut them down and there was nothing they could do about it.  

Given the limitations of the OL and receivers (which IMO is mostly inexperience), I wonder how much better another OC would be?

I think it will get better. First, Pierce couldn't sell the play action. Everyone knew he wouldn't run, so the option didn't work either. Goltz can at least do those two things to buy his OL a little breathing space. Not to mention getting rid of the ball quicker...

Agreed. Or funny that people think Goltz has good mechanics, even though Burke said himself on his coaches show the reason why Goltz is so inaccurate is because of his piss poor footwork on drop backs.

And how would Burke know, when he says he knows nothing about offence?

And how would Burke know, when he says he knows nothing about offence?

I'm sure coming up with a comprehensive offensive gameplan is a little different from knowing whether or not a QB has good mechanics. Burke doesn't literally know nothing about an offense, rather he leaves it in the hands of people who (presumably) know more.

I'm sure coming up with a comprehensive offensive gameplan is a little different from knowing whether or not a QB has good mechanics. Burke doesn't literally know nothing about an offense, rather he leaves it in the hands of people who (presumably) know more.

huh?