My Zany Idea For The Full Rebuild Next Year

Brandon

What gave you the notion that slashing costs was an issue....there is a difference between spending for the sake of spending. What gave you an indication that cost savings in any way handcuffed football. Mike Kelly was a large blemish no doubt but the debt reduction was more a product of WEC , city and province debenture forgiveness that was negotiated.

It's all there complete with double negatives...so no trying again...doesn't make much sense

Aha I see, it's really just missing emphasis and quotations... Burke doesn't literally know 'nothing' about an offense, rather he leaves it in the hands of people who (presumably) know more.

Or: Tim Burke knows vastly more about an offense than he claims and only lacks experience as a coordinator... even though he has been quoted saying he knows 'nothing' about an offense. And I'm sure that's obvious to you, so I don't know why you would take him so literally.

I don't understand why we always have to reach back into the past for all our hirings.

We need to clear out the Board of Directors and everyone all the way down from there to the coaching staff and bring in some fresh blood.  People that aren't tied to the successes of 25 years ago and all the failures since then.  It's time for a total overhaul from top to bottom.

I don't understand why we always have to reach back into the past for all our hirings.

We need to clear out the Board of Directors and everyone all the way down from there to the coaching staff and bring in some fresh blood.  People that aren't tied to the successes of 25 years ago and all the failures since then.  It's time for a total overhaul from top to bottom.

I advocated doing this when Bauer left .. like I said in another thread .. the current structure simply has too many competing agendas .. many of which aren't directly aligned with bettering the club. 

Yup, agreed.  The problems run even deeper than board - management - coaching staff - players.  It's the WHOLE damn organization.  I've got good friends who work operations and even that crew is an old boys club.

I would rather see our new GM select the coach he wants and then that coach select the staff he wants. No other chain of hiring works for a football club. Burke will get fired...it's not really a matter of if but when because he's not a good coach and the incoming GM will want his own guy.