Modern Family star at Bomber game

lets not forget Archer if we count cartoons, that is a greeat show

Agreed... however anything with Jon Benjamin can pretty much be labelled "hipster"

Really? The dude is freaking funny. How are we defining hipster? Archer is fantastic, cartoon or not.

Community, Archer, AD, 30 Rock...all shows that are "smart-funny" and not laugh-tracked crap.

Agreed... however anything with Jon Benjamin can pretty much be labelled "hipster"

Really? The dude is freaking funny. How are we defining hipster? Archer is fantastic, cartoon or not.

Community, Archer, AD, 30 Rock...all shows that are "smart-funny" and not laugh-tracked crap.

Well somebody started by labelling everything with no laugh track and one camera angle as "hipster".... I disagree.... just when you think of shows Benjamin like Archer, Bob's Burgers, JB has a van, etc none of these were really mainstream hits... which technically makes them "hipster" ... which is also why I quoted the word

Archer and Arrested development, the two most over rated shows in history. Not surprising because it seems a lot of the same people are involved. They're mildly amusing shows at best but not worth nearly the hype they get. I maintain that the people who rave about those shows are people who are desperately looking for something to like that isn't mainstream.

Alright lets review here....

Community: ok, a little too cheesy for me....

Modern Family: well written, well acted, quite funny, always wraps up with a happy ending, very family friendly so I'm not sure who decided it is hipster...

30 rock: f****n brilliant, the best show since Seinfeld...

Arrested Development: Great in the early days, still love the old episodes, I think it's run it's course...

Portlandia: definitely the most hipster listed, but has it's moments, I like Fred Amisen

did I miss any shows discussed here??

Couldn't agree more. I loved it and still watch it on FX now.

Archer and Arrested development, the two most over rated shows in history. Not surprising because it seems a lot of the same people are involved. They're mildly amusing shows at best but not worth nearly the hype they get. I maintain that the people who rave about those shows are people who are desperately looking for something to like that isn't mainstream.

Does "mainstream" even exist anymore?  Our entertainment options are so widely varied that there are very few comedies that I would even consider "mainstream".

HIMYM, BBT and Robin Williams' "The Crazy Ones" were the only sitcoms I watched this past year and now 2 of those are gone. Sigh.

I love all 3 of those shows. Except I hated the ending of HIMYM.

Community started good but went downhill. The last season is not funny. I hate 30 Rock and all those other shows listed. But I do like MF.

Louie on FX would be considered a hipster show.  Viewed by less than a million people and a critic's  darling.

I really enjoy the show though.  It's unlike anything on television.  Live standup bits like Seinfeld throughout the show intermixed with storylines that last anywhere between half an episode (sometimes you will see 2 entirely unrelated stories in one episode) to 6 episodes (this year's 6-part woman in the elevator episodes).  Episodes can lean more towards comedy or drama on any given week, although this past season seemed tilted more towards drama (flashback to when he was a kid and involved in drugs) and the standup act was reduced pretty significantly.  

Season 4 just ended and I already can't wait for season 5! :)   

i'm not sure if this was noted, not gonna both reading 4 pages lol, but.. on his twitter feed, he thanks pat neufeld, wonder if thats why he was here? him and neufeld are buddies. It seemed odd to me, wondered if maybe he was in a play here or something but... sounds like he was here to watch his friend play. 

i'm not sure if this was noted, not gonna both reading 4 pages lol, but.. on his twitter feed, he thanks pat neufeld, wonder if thats why he was here? him and neufeld are buddies. It seemed odd to me, wondered if maybe he was in a play here or something but... sounds like he was here to watch his friend play.

Apparently has a friend in town. That person is getting married.. Source interwebs

Apparently has a friend in town. That person is getting married.. Source interwebs

is that friend pat neufeld and is the guy getting married mike renaud? 

is that friend pat neufeld and is the guy getting married mike renaud?

Honestly, no clue lol.. Wife told me he was going to be at the game and this was why.. Said she read it online.. *shrug*

no, my understanding is their only association is that Neufeld tweeted at him... said he was a big fan and could hook him up with some gear.... perhaps more coversation ensues from there?

My guess is the wedding has something to do with Julie Stewart-Binks from Fox Sports 1, who was also was also at the game.... him and JSB have been at a bunch of Kings games together.... she was the other import (along with Jay and Dan, obviously) that FS1 shipped in...