Als @ Stampeders

johnzo

How are people not enjoying this game? Watching Troy Smith bumble his way around a football field is pure comedy.

Not really - I called it a loooong time ago, I also said he'll be unemployed by Labour Day and Drew Tate will most likely be in Montreal 

That's great that you prognosticated this but that doesn't make it any less amusing.

I wouldn't even call that a horsecollar tackle. The things the refs consider horsecollar in this league are pretty questionable.

According to the rules it was the proper call.

Tackling an opponent by grabbing the inside collar of the side or back of the shoulder pads, or jersey

I wouldn't even call that a horsecollar tackle. The things the refs consider horsecollar in this league are pretty questionable.

Tackling an opponent by grabbing the inside collar of the side or back of the shoulder pads, or jersey

It's a crappy penalty and the NFL does it right.

The wording of the NFL rule is pretty much the same as the CFL rule except it's more long winded.

Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

The wording of the NFL rule is pretty much the same as the CFL rule except it's more long winded.

Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

That may be true, but the way it is enforced is quite different just based on observations. Probably due to inferior officiating.