Depth Chart Week One

Atomic

Looking forward to seeing a full game of Willy and what he can do for you guys. I am hoping to see you snap the two season playoff drought but I also have some rooting interest in Toronto (not as much as I do for the Bombers)

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/6/25/5835068/white-north-wednesday-cfl-and-weekly-openthread

Toronto (Natey Adjei) at Winnipeg (Drew Willy)

Former UB Receiver Natey Adjei and the Toronto Argonauts will travel to the middle of Canada to take on Drew Willy on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

It's a Small World League

With just 9 teams in the CFL there is bound to be a lot of situations where teams and players are connected through numerous avenues. The Toronto and Winnipeg game is no different.

The Argos won the CFL Eastern Division last season but were ousted from the playoffs by Hamilton. The Tiger cats went on to the Grey Cup where they were defeated by Saskatchewan. The Rough riders backup quarterback was none other than Drew Willy.

The Blue Bombers won just three games last season, following a six win season in 2012. The triggered a coaching change that saw Winnipeg hire Mike O'Shea away from Toronto, where he was a special teams coach. Not too long after the Bombers dealt for Drew Willy who was immediately named the starting pivot (quarterback) by O'Shea.

Natey Adjei was drafted by Toronto in the third round while Mike O'Shea was still coaching special teams for the Argos.

This season he looked solid during camp and the preseason. Adjei caught six passes for 62 yards when Toronto and Winnipeg played an exhibition game two weeks ago. He is now a backup slot back with the Argos.

What's everyone expecting out of Grigsby tomorrow? Other than RB I think our offence will be way better than last year.

On D, ya win some, ya lose some. Wild gets the start, but so does Dunn.... 

Here's hoping for a MUCH better effort than we saw last season...and hoping ticket sales pick up, we got S.I. in town, let's show 'em how we party!

If he was healthy, I'd expect a solid, albeit unspectacular, game from Grigsby, but since he's apparently injured...I'm just hoping it's enough to keep the defense honest and give our passing game a chance to get going...

One thing to note...

IN  -  Brett Carter (probably reserve) 

OUT -  Will Ford (1-Game IR)

and we only have 8 guys on the PR currently.

Would it not make sense to have two NI receivers (Carter, Master Fuji) backing up the two starters (Watson, Kohlert)?

One thing to note...

IN  -  Brett Carter (probably reserve) 

OUT -  Will Ford (1-Game IR)

and we only have 8 guys on the PR currently.

Would it not make sense to have two NI receivers (Carter, Master Fuji) backing up the two starters (Watson, Kohlert)?

I can see that too and in that case, 1 of the "MLB" (possibly West or Cornell)  will be on the reserve.

Although I'm not sure if Carter plays ST.

Having a lot of National DBs and LBs means there's a high emphasis given to our ST.

I love that depth chart.

Firstly because Aaron Woods is going to play, and Toronto will see him score. And secondly,

The Toronto Master Planners will look at that defensive chart and throw the offensive game plan away.

you sure we'll see him play? i have a 55" 1080HD tv and even still, i'm not certain that the little guy will register enough pixels to show up...

I love that depth chart.

Firstly because Aaron Woods is going to play, and Toronto will see him score. And secondly,

The Toronto Master Planners will look at that defensive chart and throw the offensive game plan away.

you sure we'll see him play? i have a 55" 1080HD tv and even still, i'm not certain that the little guy will register enough pixels to show up...

He may be small but he carries some weight when he runs into people.

PembrokeLucy2.jpg