Depth Chart Week One

Atomic

I love that depth chart.

Firstly because Aaron Woods is going to play, and Toronto will see him score. And secondly,

The Toronto Master Planners will look at that defensive chart and throw the offensive game plan away.

you sure we'll see him play? i have a 55" 1080HD tv and even still, i'm not certain that the little guy will register enough pixels to show up...

But that's the idea, players will hear a vrroom, and then hear the cannon go off after the score.

They'll have a game tracker on him, similar to those golf shots that follow the flight of the ball, and then you'll see the play.

golfer.jpg

I love that depth chart.

Firstly because Aaron Woods is going to play, and Toronto will see him score. And secondly,

The Toronto Master Planners will look at that defensive chart and throw the offensive game plan away.

you sure we'll see him play? i have a 55" 1080HD tv and even still, i'm not certain that the little guy will register enough pixels to show up...

He may be small but he carries some weight when he runs into people.

PembrokeLucy2.jpg

well if that won't strike terror into a guy like Thad Gibson, then i don't know what will...

I love that depth chart.

Let's see them try and run it up the middle now!  Ha!

Does anyone else feel the Bombers have the slightest of edges with MOS knowing TO STs and on a lesser extend their D and O games?  Over Burke who probably has know Idea what we will bring...

Or am I just hoping this is the case ;)

Burke probably has a good sense of what Marcel Bellefeuille is going to try to do.

You are going to need more than 4 RB's for the game bluto, they will be exhausted by the half from busting all of those long TD runs.

FTFY

... that's what he meant.

i know... just thought i'd modify it for accuracy's sake.

Does anyone else feel the Bombers have the slightest of edges with MOS knowing TO STs and on a lesser extend their D and O games?  Over Burke who probably has know Idea what we will bring...

Burke probably has a good sense of what Marcel Bellefeuille is going to try to do.

You sure about that? He doesn't understand the offense remember? 

Not certain that any extra familiarity by O'Shea will be a factor since what we do on both sides of the ball is pretty much common knowledge.

Our STs were weak in preseason and the Bombers could punish us on field position and force the Argos to play on a long field.

You should have a pretty good idea of what you're up against on D... all 3 times i've seen it i kept thinking that if i squinted hard and imagined the players in ugly uniforms, that i'd be looking at the Bomber defence. 4 men rushing upfield and hitting the RB on the way to the QB and generally trying to force a pass early, while trying not to have anyone in single coverage.

As for stopping our offence, it's no secret what we'll try to do: the Trestman/Milanovich offence forces you to make choices and then the QB (if given enough time) attacks the spot you didn't choose to defend. If you can stuff our runs with your D-Line and if your blitz is successful (this will be the key right here... our new tailbacks haven't had enough live ammo shot at Ricky to have enough practice in blitz pickup) you can stall us out... but i haven't seen enough of Etch's D stopping anybody on the ground yet to think that this could happen.

You are going to need more than 4 RB's for the game bluto, they will be exhausted by the half from busting all of those long TD runs.

FTFY

I don't think we'll give up any long TD runs but plenty of mid range ones. Ray is going to have a ridiculous completion percentage too but it will all be nickel and dime stuff. This defence is built to stop the big play while forcing you to march it down the field, nothing Ray hasn't done before.

I don't think we'll give up any long TD runs but plenty of mid range ones. Ray is going to have a ridiculous completion percentage too but it will all be nickel and dime stuff. This defence is built to stop the big play while forcing you to march it down the field, nothing Ray hasn't done before.

I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but I can tell you this, it's liable to be harder for Ray to just look at the defence, a la 2013, and pick and choose where he throws the ball.

This time, he might, once in a while, look over the line and see nothing but ?????? 

Does he know the letters WTF?

And if he doesn't, it's obviously a player talent issue.

FTFY

I think you might be a little surprised, pleasantly or unpleasantly depending on the result, at the amount of pressure.  I'm expecting a lot of zone, but a lot of blitzing in front of it.

Seems to me the defense is going to be predicated on confusion, trouble with Toronto of course is that Ray is not easily confused. Will need to get to him before he can throw the ball I suspect because chances are there's going to be places for him to place the ball to make plays. 

And everyone in the stadium knows what Burke is going to do...hope his players can win 1 on 1 battles and do nothing to schematically to disrupt the QB's reads.  Hopefully our OL can be decent, then it's just a matter of scoring when the opportunity presents itself, I think we'll give the Argos a decent game.

Whoever goes in first... 

It's better to for D to set the tempo and do a quick two-and-out in the first Argo series.

While the O get first down and march down the field even if it end on a FG try.

If Ray scores on his first series against our D

or the Argos D get a sack on interception on our O's first series

... It will be a long day for the Bombers.