Depth Chart Week One

Atomic

Whoever goes in first... 

It's better to for D to set the tempo and do a quick two-and-out in the first Argo series.

While the O get first down and march down the field even if it end on a FG try.

If Ray scores on his first series against our D

or the Argos D get a sack on interception on our O's first series

... It will be a long day for the Bombers.

I don't know about that.  It's a long game, and I think that's something that O'Shea preaches.  Both pre-season games they were pretty resilient, I expect that to continue in the regular season...and we have a pretty good opposite case to illustrate what less resilient teams do...pre-season 2013.

Nice to see two local (Winnipeg based) players making the Argo Roster:

#48 Tommy Miles

and

#1 Anthony Coombs.

Both played High School ball here, both played for the Manitoba Provincial Team, and then both went to the U of M.   I like both of these young men and I hope they play well.   With all do respect; I hope they lose their first pro game!

SO who sits tomorrow then? Carter and Howard? Cuz that's a 46 man roster there no? 44 only dress. :)

Thinking Cornell and Howard.

Make sense.  We don't dress 3 Int'l OL while Cornell came in just a few days ago.

I will be happy to see Brett Carter get his chance this early and I'm hoping he will do well and give the coaches hard time to take him off the 44. 

You are going to need more than 4 RB's for the game bluto, they will be exhausted by the half from busting all of those long TD runs.

FTFY

I don't think we'll give up any long TD runs but plenty of mid range ones. Ray is going to have a ridiculous completion percentage too but it will all be nickel and dime stuff. This defence is built to stop the big play while forcing you to march it down the field, nothing Ray hasn't done before.

I think you might be a little surprised, pleasantly or unpleasantly depending on the result, at the amount of pressure.  I'm expecting a lot of zone, but a lot of blitzing in front of it.

I'm sure we'll see a variety of blitz's too but if this defence stays true to form passing is what it's designed to defend against. If we give up big pass plays in a pass heavy defence...I won't know what to think.

Does anyone else feel the Bombers have the slightest of edges with MOS knowing TO STs and on a lesser extend their D and O games?  Over Burke who probably has know Idea what we will bring...

Or am I just hoping this is the case ;)

Burke probably has a good sense of what Marcel Bellefeuille is going to try to do.

Maybe not since MB didn't have all of his offence installed and was using Crowton's terminology.

I think we win this game based on the inexperience of the Toronto D.   They may get better as the year goes on but based on the depth chart, they are starting 7 players that have ZERO defensive tackles in the CFL.   Shea Emry has 261 career tackles as an Alouette.   The other 4 starters have a combined 208 career CFL defensive tackles.   Starting safety Matt Black had 34 tackles last year and 56 for his career.   Even Cauchy had 47 last year and 93 for his career in less years.   We should have the ability to control the ball on offense, keep Ricky off the field and cruise to a 35-24 win.