Ottawa Will Have A Better Qb Than Us

B-F-F-C

Coincidentally, the 2 best QBs the Bombers have had in the last decade, Glenn and Jones were back-ups on other teams.

Let other teams develop the QBs and then when they are a couple of years in take the best one.  (Via trade or free agency.)

it is a strategy that has worked very well for some teams.

or alternatively...

you aren't understanding that you can hire your man on the sly (either officially or not) and announce him later... but in the meantime you pursue your best interests under his arms-length supervision.

but you're right... perhaps playing by the rules and complaining that you can't hire anybody and creating excuses for why you can't succeed while everyone else can is the way to go.

So you'll have a guy working as an assistant GM or whatever he currently does, while also running our team.  That will fly with his current employer I'm sure.

or alternatively...

you aren't understanding that you can hire your man on the sly (either officially or not) and announce him later... but in the meantime you pursue your best interests under his arms-length supervision.

Do you have an example of this from the CFL? I'm not sure what you mean by hiring our guy on the sly.

you guys have seen a coach or manager get fired and a replacement named within a day or two during a season before, right?

do you reckon that the new guy wasn't contacted until the former coach/manager was canned?

you are aware that organizations recruit their next guy ahead of firing a current one, right?

i'd rather have Burris/Lefevour or a duo of Reilly/Nichols going forward than Goltz/Hall.

Meh.  Not really.  Nichols is done.  Burris is looking basically done at 38, yeah he beat Winnipeg but he has looked pretty brutal since - didn't even put one point on the board in the game against the Riders in their manure-stained dump.  Reilly the jury is still out on and I don't even know who Lefever is or whoever you are talking about.

It's already done.

It was done when Elliott and Brink were released.

There is no future with Buck and there is no hope of winning a Grey Cup this year, so let's get Goltz all the time he needs.

If your going to trade a first rounder for a Calgary QB it better be Mitchell.

Thanks to the stupid Ottawa rape...errr...draft... no one will be trading qbs anytime soon. Especially Calgary.

I'd rather roll with Goltz than deal with Tate.

We should give Goltz a little time before we decide he's not the guy for us.

No kidding. He had his first pro start and he didn't do half bad.

I saw a lot of good things from Goltz.

Roll with him.

Meh.  Not really.  Nichols is done.  Burris is looking basically done at 38, yeah he beat Winnipeg but he has looked pretty brutal since - didn't even put one point on the board in the game against the Riders in their manure-stained dump.  Reilly the jury is still out on and I don't even know who Lefever is or whoever you are talking about.

This is a pretty ignorant post. Nicholls is hardly done. Two knee injuries suck but he was very effective for a first and second year QB and it's not like he was effective due to his mobility. I would gladly take him. Burris may be nearly done so I won't disagree with that but I'd still rather have one or two years of him than nothing. Over Goltz? I'm not sure since he doesn't give us any long-term stability but he's still a much better QB than Goltz is now and Pierce ever was. Lefevour is almost certainly worse than Goltz now and I'm not super high on him anyways but just because you haven't heard of him, doesn't make him terrible.

Plus, Reilly may be struggling (sort of) in a very poor offense and yes, the jury in the long run may still be out on him but the way that you constantly crap on his current ability and recent play is nothing short of ludicrous cheerleading. I like Mack more than most, but even though he's behind the worst o-line in the league and has far inferior receivers (next to Stamps) and a painfully average RB, his numbers are still better than Buck's and as much as I love Goltz, he is better right now and has much less risk going forward.

No kidding. He had his first pro start and he didn't do half bad.

I saw a lot of good things from Goltz.

Roll with him.

I strongly believe we could be successful with him if we ran a heavy zone-read, college-like system (or any variant run by pro teams such as the Niners).  Heck if I was particularly ambitious I think Goltz could fit into a Chip Kelly style offense quite well.  We already use several of the principles, just not as much as I wish.

Edit: And by successful, I mean successful offensively.  I have no idea whether this team can win games.

This is a pretty ignorant post.

Actually, it's not.  But that's ok.  We all make mistakes.  This time it was your turn.

Plus, Reilly may be struggling (sort of) in a very poor offense and yes, the jury in the long run may still be out on him but the way that you constantly crap on his current ability and recent play is nothing short of ludicrous cheerleading.

Now this is what is known as "an ignorant post".  I don't crap on Reilly.  I think he's good and has a lot of tools.  I'd have taken him in a heartbeat if he hadn't been so dumb as to not even test free agency. 

I also have heard of Leftover or whatever his name is.  I was going for a sarcasm thing there.  But that's ok.  You don't have to catch on to everything in ignorant posts.

Reilly, in the second half of the Edm/Mon game, showed more than any of our quarterbacks have all year.  He played well enough to win, but the Eskimos D had no answer for Whitaker.  There's some progress going on there.

Also, Drew Willy may be playing himself onto the 2013 offseason QB carousel.

I honestly think you guys are being short sighted.  It's not like Tate has a history  of concussions or a reoccurring injury. 

Yes, there is some risk involved but there's risk if we don't do it.  

No but he is kind of a moron who tells media he can't remember the last three minutes of a game.

No but he is kind of a moron who tells media he can't remember the last three minutes of a game.

Yeah, that's when he lost me as a believer in him as a leader. Just a completely moronic thing to say. I mean, how stupid can you be talking to TSN during a game & saying that when he wasn't even injured? I can tell you that there aren't many Stamps fans that want Huff to protect him. He just is one strange guy. Among the Stamps fanbase there's not a lot of confidence he's the guy long term.