Bombers add 3, release 2

Mike

Jaymar - unimpressive in the 1st game but much more effective in the 2nd game. Coach's decision for sure.

Urrutia - does not meet fan expectations but what about the coach's?

Kemp - as mentioned…flashes of good and meh

Reed - still a ?

Kelly - I'd be surprised if he isn't around after the 21st.

Dell - I watched that wretched Esks. game and thought Edmonton's highlight was the play of Dell. Then I discover he was cut. Does not compute. Could be a good pickup.

Some smart signings.  I'd say Stephan is on the bubble now.

ehhhhhhhh I dunno.  Any extra job security Stephan got from Newman's injury has now been removed.

The team needs lots of these types of players during the year.  Stephan is still competing with Eisho for a job.  If Cornell is still a gamer and Briggs' injury is soon resolved, then the numbers will start to work against him.  Or Eisho.  Unlikely they cut both.

Stephan will be hurt in the first half of the first game and be gone for the year. So it really doesn't matter.

Jaymar - unimpressive in the 1st game but much more effective in the 2nd game. Coach's decision for sure.

He started game 1 poorly, but looked good in the later part of the game. It was nice to see he could carry it over into the next game.

Progress and improvement over the course of camp is a good sign.  If a guy is okay but never improves beyond that no matter how many reps he gets, he will probably never be better than okay.

He started game 1 poorly, but looked good in the later part of the game. It was nice to see he could carry it over into the next game.

Progress and improvement over the course of camp is a good sign.  If a guy is okay but never improves beyond that no matter how many reps he gets, he will probably never be better than okay.

Are you talking about Max Hall here? :lol:

O'shea spoke highly of stephan on the coaches show,, wouldn't be so quick to write him off even though i would sort of agree with you in thinking he should be on the bubble.  Looking at the linebacking depth in terms of Non Imports

Cornell, Stephan,Briggs,Aisho.  2 are rookies, of those 2 rookies, 1 is hurt.. Not much depth there. Stephan probably sticks around. 

ehhhhhhhh I dunno.  Any extra job security Stephan got from Newman's injury has now been removed.

The team needs lots of these types of players during the year.  Stephan is still competing with Eisho for a job.  If Cornell is still a gamer and Briggs' injury is soon resolved, then the numbers will start to work against him.  Or Eisho.  Unlikely they cut both.

Stephan will be hurt in the first half of the first game and be gone for the year. So it really doesn't matter.

More reason to cut him now before he can get on the injured list and claim a paycheque.

O'shea spoke highly of stephan on the coaches show,, wouldn't be so quick to write him off even though i would sort of agree with you in thinking he should be on the bubble.  

This week?  I can't recall hearing that.

Stephan was never a bad player for this team, he just couldn't stay healthy. It kind of seems strange that everyone decided this year that he was a useless player rather than simply a guy who is made of glass... very strange indeed.

He's almost never played, so I'm not sure what you're basing that assessment on.  I'm not sure if you're confusing him with someone else.  He's played 8 games in 2 years, hardly at all on D.  He's missed more tackles than he's made this pre-season, that's what I'm basing my assessment on.  I'd like to see a little more assertiveness out of a guy with LB after his name in terms of tackling a guy with the ball right in his area.