GDT: Argos @ Bombers

Ian Wild, Korey Banks & Desia Dunn just don't do it for me as our three linebackers. This team misses Henoc in a bad way.

Right now, I would have Wild-Newman/Kuale-Unamba penciled in

That would be the better lineup no doubt. But has Ian Wild even taken reps on the outside? I also don't see any scenario in which Korey Banks isn't a starter although I wouldn't be upset if I were proven wrong. Right now we have Wild playing out of position, a struggling Banks & Dunn along with a mediocre Kuale. It'll be interesting to see what our week one lineup is but those linebacker spots scare the hell out of me.

Suber wasn't as bad as he looked - had some good plays, he was around the ball a lot...

because any OC that sees him out there is going to pick on him...

No, I mean besides those plays, ha...  either way, he had more ball awareness than Banks or Dunn

Suber wasn't as bad as he looked - had some good plays, he was around the ball a lot...

Have to agree. Suber has some talent, but he seems to arrive 1/4 second late on a regular basis. Real liability if he expects Banks to do his work.

We also have a few new players out there according to the Jumbotron.

Steve Upon Morris

Nicked Greg Bee

I can't even imagine what it said when Feoli Gudino scored.

They also managed to make the terrible error with Kim Babij as Kim Back ***** (well, Lady Dog)

Well, woulda been ok if back was bad..

Try.. Is going to try and pick on him.. He will stand up a lot of receivers..

suber has talent for sure but... so do a lot of the db's they brought in.. he's on the bubble right now.

This is a good thing thought in my opinion, you either step up or you get replaced by someone who does.

If suber is let go (not convinced he will be, but not convinced he wont be), that just means someone better took his spot.

That's fine with me. Our team hasn't been good for a few years now.. Don't think anyone from the last few years should be guaranteed a spot.

Seems every year, a veteran is let go and every year someone comes in and replaces that veteran. But, that's football for you.

Some guys will lose their jobs because other guys stepped up and took it. It is what it is.

Just like suber took someone elses job when he came here, someone will eventually take his.

Not going to do this for every game but posted a quick offense recap for the game. 

Through the course of the year I'll write up some different aspects that aren't captured by the stats alone although some of it has me handcuffed if they don't get the US broadcast thing sorted out shortly. 

http://blog.ridleyscouting.com/Kent_Ridley_Thoughts/My_Thoughts/Entries/2014/6/11_CFL_Pre-Season_Game_1.html

As far as the qbs go I thought Willy looks pretty comfortable, just had a few issues putting the ball in exactly the right spot, but it's the first preseason game, I'll just chalk that up to rust and maybe not having that instant chemistry with the receivers. I expect that will improve a lot which is a good sign. Marve played well, yeah it was all the scrapings of each roster he was out there with but the guy showed some moxy and made plays, all you can ask of a guy. Hall I think is getting a bit of a bad rap. He had a few accuracy issues similar to Willy at times but there were also some plays where he threw a ball and the receiver didn't even know it was being thrown too. The only guy that to me looked absolutely useless at qb was Brohm. Man he didn't do anything out there. 

There was a lot to be encouraged about in that game I thought, still don't like the D but the special teams and offense look like they might be worthwhile this year so baby steps. 

As far as the qbs go I thought Willy looks pretty comfortable, just had a few issues putting the ball in exactly the right spot, but it's the first preseason game, I'll just chalk that up to rust and maybe not having that instant chemistry with the receivers. I expect that will improve a lot which is a good sign. Marve played well, yeah it was all the scrapings of each roster he was out there with but the guy showed some moxy and made plays, all you can ask of a guy. Hall I think is getting a bit of a bad rap. He had a few accuracy issues similar to Willy at times but there were also some plays where he threw a ball and the receiver didn't even know it was being thrown too. The only guy that to me looked absolutely useless at qb was Brohm. Man he didn't do anything out there. 

There was a lot to be encouraged about in that game I thought, still don't like the D but the special teams and offense look like they might be worthwhile this year so baby steps. 

Bang on, 17. You must have read my mind.

This Friday is the 1 year anniversary of the Calgary flood. 

And the emergence of that Calgary mayor as super-hero. Nenshi, I believe.

When is he poised to run for premier, Al?

are you kidding? Nenshi was super popular from the word go. There's lots of talk that he doesn't really have any ambitions provincially or federally, he likes municipal politics and feels party labels are too limiting. 

This Friday is the 1 year anniversary of the Calgary flood. 

And the emergence of that Calgary mayor as super-hero. Nenshi, I believe.

When is he poised to run for premier, Al?

are you kidding? Nenshi was super popular from the word go. There's lots of talk that he doesn't really have any ambitions provincially or federally, he likes municipal politics and feels party labels are too limiting. 

Its called testing the waters, son.  I do love how Alberta can have no provincial sales tax and us mopes in Manitoba are charged 8% on virtually everything other than apples and delissio pies.