The TV Thread

On 2017-03-30 at 10:05 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

I cant stand the traditional format anymore with the laugh track etc.  bleh.  So unfunny especially when they pipe in fake laughs.

Agreed. Laugh tracks are a relic of the past. Formulaic jokes followed by canned laughter.

On 2017-03-30 at 9:53 AM, Noeller said:

In fairness, The Office itself was stupid. Single-Cam faux-doc shows, in general, I think are stupid. I have never understood The Office, Modern Family, Arrested Development....I just don't understand.

Arrested Development and 30 Rock are two of the best shows ever made.

The office is basically the RL Dilbert. If you ever worked in an office the shows got some value. In fact at my RRC course they constantly showed us Office clips as in what not to do. But I also think I'm partial to the show because of Dwight Schrute,  he was after all Fishboy in house of 1000 corpses

I quit watching in 2014, I didn't like the format change that happened after Sharon Osborne left the show and don't get me started on the golden buzzer, we could have needed that in 2012

not to mention I did not like Sharon's replacements. I mean I liked the spice girls when I was little I could tolerate Mel B but Heidi for some reason annoyed me, but then again I should consider myself lucky because they almost got Kris Jenner as replacement. Not a joke.

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

Interesting.  Not wowed or anything.

It doesn't look like a show I'd want to watch. I was intrigued when I heard about it, but I have no interest in a super hero story wrapped in a teen drama. I'm sure I'll give it a chance eventually, though.

30 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It doesn't look like a show I'd want to watch. I was intrigued when I heard about it, but I have no interest in a super hero story wrapped in a teen drama. I'm sure I'll give it a chance eventually, though.

Yeah I'll definitely give it a shot.  I just meant the trailer didn't wow me or anything.

With the WGA's 10 year contract expiring may 1st with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers and apparently the writers not being happy with the way things have been for them since the last strike that lasted from November 5, 2007 - Feb 12, 2008

67.5% of the WGA members voted with 96.3% of them saying yes to a strike. 

http://www.laweekly.com/news/will-the-writers-guild-of-america-go-on-strike-8148766

Some shows that could be in jeopardy are; talk shows, The Walking Dead, Jessica Jones, Star Trek Discovery, American Horror Story to name a few

Some shows that will be fine as they are all ready to go are Game of Thrones, Twin Peaks, Orange is the New Black

http://uproxx.com/tv/the-walking-dead-season-8-strike/2/