The TV Thread

lol its like watching a really, really long movie.  Actually I only started binge watching shows last couple years. I know i've mentioned it before,  but it's really more captivating to be able to watch the next episode right after and not kill the momentum.

An example of why I don't care for the spacing it out,  is TWD. I watch it on sunday nights and am totally excited for tonight's episode, but I'll watch it and be eager to watch the "what happens next" after but can't,  and probably tomorrow too, thinking about it.  but as the week carries on that excitement starts to cool off, and really by friday/sat i'm not even thinking about it any more.  then sunday hits and i'm like oh yeah it's on again! but then I gotta rehash everything that's happened...ect

In shows where 1 weeks episode has no consequence on the next, I can stop and go without a problem, a show like Big Bang Theory for example, but I almost take seasons of shows like GoT, Breaking Bad, SOA, DD, TWD like movies and I need a steady flow for max enjoyment. I wouldn't watch part of a movie, leave it on a cliffhanger then walk away, that drives me nuts

meh, if the entire seasons available, I dont see any point in slowly devouring it if it's a good one. I know people who wait for entire seasons to come out on DVD/Blu Ray before they watch a show and then binge it, because like myself, get to antsy for a once per week format. I dont see it as much different

I didnt realize Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy) was behind that short lived Bastard Executioner show, I might have watched it, but I was reading he`s planning a prequel to SOA with the original 9 members and a spin off with the Mayans. not new news but apparently there will be some familiar faces throughout if your a SOA fan

http://screenrant.com/marvel-captain-britain-tv-show/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

The Marvel Cinematic Universe‘s movie and television branches alike are in the midst of some serious expansion. In addition to the slate of Phase 3 films and new TV series in development like Luke Cage and Marvel’s Most Wanted, Marvel continues to mine its vast character stores for interesting new series. One of the challenges of bringing Marvel-branded entertainment to television, though, is finding characters who will appeal to TV audiences without being major properties – since most of their big names like Thor and Iron Man are already engaged in the MCU.

Enter smaller yet popular properties like the Inhumans (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and the Defenders (Daredevil andJessica Jones). Even their upcoming sitcom Damage Control could contain cameos from existing characters and introduce second- and third-stringers to the otherwise powerless superhero cleanup crew. As we’ve already seen a number of smaller run Marvel characters on TV, the possibility of Brian Braddock’s Captain Britain doesn’t sound entirely far-fetched.

ADVERTISING

A recent series of tweets from award-winning Scottish artist Ciara McAvoy suggested a possible “upcoming tv series” with the mystical British Avenger collaborator (via Collider). McAvoy, who’s worked on posters for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and X-Men: First Class among others, initially posted a workup of a very Captain Britain-looking uniform, asking “Who will be playing Brian Braddock in the upcoming tv series #CaptainBritain?#Marvel Stay tune [sic]!” The artist states that she “can’t reveal anything yet but hopefully I’ll be able to soon. Waiting for the go ahead from the co-producer.” Her later tweet mentions the Captain Britain hashtag and producers Chris Lark, whose only known property is an indie film listed as “Creative Differences,” and co-producer Eleni Larchanidou and Twitter handle @moviesel5

I get the whole "strike while the iron is hot" thing but this is getting rather silly. CB was a forgettable character, and with stuff like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, is it possible to hurt your product with too much

They risk tiring out the fanbase.  Good TV is good TV but the more you extend yourself, the more you risk making bad TV and once that happens, you risk tainting the brand.  Their relationship with Netflix is smart because the onus is on Netflix to make quality TV (which they seem to be doing), they arent reliant on advertising and their subs and viewership are secret.  If they received poor feedback, they could later course without it being a huge blow-up like network TV.

They should have an idea of what kind of fanbase they have based on comic book sales so if the market is there, it would only make sense that they try to cash in on it.  If Captain Britain did the sh**s in comic sales, I doubt they'd turn it into a tv series.

Personally, I could care less how many comic book series/movies are out there... the Marvel or DC name might get my attention but the show itself will be the key.  For example, Jessica Jones and Green Arrow were not favorite characters of mine but I enjoyed the Arrow so I kept watching while I haven't really gotten into JJ so I doubt I'll stay with it.  Luke Cage & Captain Britain are also not top picks but I'll still give them a shot.

17 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They should have an idea of what kind of fanbase they have based on comic book sales so if the market is there, it would only make sense that they try to cash in on it.  If Captain Britain did the sh**s in comic sales, I doubt they'd turn it into a tv series.

Personally, I could care less how many comic book series/movies are out there... the Marvel or DC name might get my attention but the show itself will be the key.  For example, Jessica Jones and Green Arrow were not favorite characters of mine but I enjoyed the Arrow so I kept watching while I haven't really gotten into JJ so I doubt I'll stay with it.  Luke Cage & Captain Britain are also not top picks but I'll still give them a shot.

I have to admit I care very little about the majority of the shows.  Seems too much of an undertaking for me to watch them all.  I recorded Gotham for several weeks before clearing them off my PVR unwatched.  I think because, while I was excited for the series and love Batman, when DC decided the TV shows didnt matter in their universe, it made me not care anymore. 

I watched Agents of Sheild for a couple of years but it became too much.  I watched Daredevil season 1 and enjoyed it.  Will probably watch season 2.  I like that it operates within the universe.  The DC ones all seem silly to me.  I actually watched Smallville late in its run and enjoyed because it seemed like the only superhero stuff we were getting so it was THE Superman franchise for awhile.  Now its non-canon so I dont care.  And I think thats why my initial unhappiness with the BvS film being announced was that it essentially relegates the Dark Knight films to irrelevancy.

Just FYI, this is not something coming from Marvel.  This is that lady and a bunch of producers assembling a highlight reel, independent of Marvel, in hopes that Marvel will help them bring this to television next year.  So nothing has been accepted yet by Marvel, if they'll even do it at all, which I doubt.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have to admit I care very little about the majority of the shows.  Seems too much of an undertaking for me to watch them all.  I recorded Gotham for several weeks before clearing them off my PVR unwatched.  I think because, while I was excited for the series and love Batman, when DC decided the TV shows didnt matter in their universe, it made me not care anymore. 

I watched Agents of Sheild for a couple of years but it became too much.  I watched Daredevil season 1 and enjoyed it.  Will probably watch season 2.  I like that it operates within the universe.  The DC ones all seem silly to me.  I actually watched Smallville late in its run and enjoyed because it seemed like the only superhero stuff we were getting so it was THE Superman franchise for awhile.  Now its non-canon so I dont care.  And I think thats why my initial unhappiness with the BvS film being announced was that it essentially relegates the Dark Knight films to irrelevancy.

I'm the pretty much the same.   I don't care for a lot of them but I still give most of them a couple episodes to get my interest.  I also stopped following Gotham & Shield... I've still got them in my favorites on Kodi though so I might binge watch one day when I've got nothing else to watch.

I love them all...almost.  I watch Shield, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, all the Marvel Netflix series, Gotham.  I think they're all great.  DC's Legends of Tomorrow is the only one I really don't care for, but I watch that one with my kids.

I hated Smallville.  I watched it but it was always a love\hate relationship.  I wanted to see him as Superman, but they just never got there.  And Lex was one of the only good parts about that show.  It would always creep towards awesomeness but then fall short and leave me wanting.

As far as all the different timelines or movies\tv shows being in different universes.  I don't mind that.  I actually like it.  Gives it that multiverse feel.  I just enjoy them for what they are.

What's the consensus on season 2 of Daredevil? I haven't got around to watching it yet. I liked the first season but not as much as some people did, I liked Jessica Jones better truthfully. Should I be investing my time in watching that right ******* now?

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What's the consensus on season 2 of Daredevil? I haven't got around to watching it yet. I liked the first season but not as much as some people did, I liked Jessica Jones better truthfully. Should I be investing my time in watching that right ******* now?

I'm only on episode 2, but I'm liking it so far.  The other guys that have watched the season could probably give you a more informative opinion.

DD season 2 was awesome, Jon Bernthal (Punisher) really steals the show. I fully expect them to make a spin off Punisher show with him. Without spoiling anything,  theres really 2 storylines in the show, Punisher and then Daredevil + Elektra, both stories are good, but I found the punishers story much more crazy good.  I'd say they made the show a lot more darker and graphic with Punishers inclusion and it paid off

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

The Flash apparently crossed over onto supergirl yesterday or will be vise versa tomorrow, kind of bizarre to do this considering Supergirl was one of the titles that is going to be dropped next year

They haven't decided about Supergirl yet.

And yes, Flash crossed over into Supergirl.  Haven't seen the episode yet though.  Aired last night.

Edited by Logan007

8 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

They haven't decided about Supergirl yet.

And yes, Flash crossed over into Supergirl.  Haven't seen the episode yet though.  Aired last night.

oh I thought I read they announced 15 titles were green lighted to continue for next season but supergirl wasnt one of them,  I could be wrong i might have to look it up

oh ok, I havent watched the show since the 2nd episode (X-files stole that time slot on mondays for a bit)  I might watch the cross over episode though,  even though I dont watch Arrow I did like how they did the back and forth cross over with the flash for what eventually lead to Legends of tomorrow