DE Ronnell Lewis

Mike

Don't care what the excuses for not trying to acquire him are, they're still excuses.  Tantamount to Tim Burke choosing to kneel with time remaining on the clock to alleviate the fear of losing! 

Walters has done a good job of assembling new talent this year but there is no doubt in my mind he has been "schooled" by veteran GM's on numerous occasions.  Hope he learns his lessons well and learns to up his game.

You call them excuses but that is the course the staff has pursued and it makes sense in what they are trying to achieve.

As far as Walters goes, why not back up your statement with facts instead of throwing out what you say is no doubt in your mind?

Lewis seems like a beast. 

We're going to have to wait till the end of training camp to see any non-imports pop loose.  Excuse for not pursuing Laurent is ludicrous,  I could care less if he can't sprint the length of the field.  The guy has talent work with it, not a problem.

So, you guys wanted us to pursue someone who

…..didn't re-sign with his original club after no NFL offers, and

…..it was reported he wanted to go 'home' to the east, most thought Montreal, turns out he wanted Austin and the Ti-Cats, and

…..to throw huge sums of money at him to try and convince him to come here, meanwhile knowing full well that he wouldn't fit in the system we are running. 

Have I got that right?

Don't care what the excuses for not trying to acquire him are, they're still excuses.  Tantamount to Tim Burke choosing to kneel with time remaining on the clock to alleviate the fear of losing! 

Walters has done a good job of assembling new talent this year but there is no doubt in my mind he has been "schooled" by veteran GM's on numerous occasions.  Hope he learns his lessons well and up's his game.

PeekABoo_3ef209_640992.jpg

Sounds like Jones did not pursue him... and it was reported that he might want to go home, Laurent never said that.

After he signed with the Ticats he did say he didn't sign with Montreal because he felt he didn't fit with the style of defence they run.

Honestly, I don't think we would have been Laurent's first choice but I would have liked to see us pursue him...  basically, its 'beggars can't be choosers' right now.

Just the fact that we seem to be broken up about losing Ryan Lucas... a 'journeyman castoff' if he had been signed by any other team... speaks volumes about our NI content.

Laurent was the best available, we have capspace - sign him! if it works, great; if not, trade him for picks...  at least, you tried...

Lewis seems like a beast. 

We're going to have to wait till the end of training camp to see any non-imports pop loose.  Excuse for not pursuing Laurent is ludicrous,  I could care less if he can't sprint the length of the field.  The guy has talent work with it, not a problem.

So, you guys wanted us to pursue someone who

…..didn't re-sign with his original club after no NFL offers, and

…..it was reported he wanted to go 'home' to the east, most thought Montreal, turns out he wanted Austin and the Ti-Cats, and

…..to throw huge sums of money at him to try and convince him to come here, meanwhile knowing full well that he wouldn't fit in the system we are running. 

Have I got that right?

Walters has done a good job of assembling new talent this year but there is no doubt in my mind he has been "schooled" by veteran GM's on numerous occasions.  Hope he learns his lessons well and up's his game.

PeekABoo_3ef209_640992.jpg

That's funny! :lol: Didn't have time to put on my asbestos helmet!

Perhaps my judgement of Walters was a little harsh but I don't yet consider him in the same league as Wally, Huf, Austin or Popp.

Here are a few examples of his fails....probably not all his fault but often coming in second is as good as coming in last.

Lost on Collaros

Lost on Burris

Lost on Butler

Hufnagel "schooled" every other GM in the draft.

Maybe didn't try to acquire Glenn but I consider that a loss!

Same goes for Laurent.

Nick Moore is good but import receivers are a dime a dozen why spend the big bucks in that department?

As proven good Canuck players are the backbone of success in the CFL and the Bombers are in short supply.

Telling me Laurent isn't good enough to play for the Bombers???  That guy ties opposition players in knots on every down and creates opportunities for other players to succeed...I think Etch could find a way to work with that talent.  Best hope now is picking up other teams non-import cast offs after TC's close.

Here are a few examples of his fails....probably not all his fault but often coming in second is as good as coming in last.

Lost on Collaros

Lost on Burris

Lost on Butler

Hufnagel "schooled" every other GM in the draft.

Maybe didn't try to acquire Glenn but I consider that a loss!

Same goes for Laurent.

Nick Moore is good but import receivers are a dime a dozen why spend the big bucks in that department?

As proven good Canuck players are the backbone of success in the CFL and the Bombers are in short supply.

Telling me Laurent isn't good enough to play for the Bombers???  That guy ties opposition players in knots on every down and creates opportunities for other players to succeed...I think Etch could find a way to work with that talent.  Best hope now is picking up other teams non-import cast offs after TC's close.

Lost on Collaros - lost here but going to play for Austin and not having to move sounds alot better that coming to a team with no established Oline and a question mark at OC at the time

Lost on Burris - Got out bid by 100K+ for an aging QB

Lost on Butler - Wanted to go home even though we through the house at him, so I guess the team lost on Labatte a couple years ago too when he bailed and went home to Mommy.

Hufnagel "schooled" every other GM in the draft. - look at the number of picks they had

Maybe didn't try to acquire Glenn but I consider that a loss! - not worth the second overall pick in the draft, there is a possibility that he also did not want to come back here. thats what they wanted from us. Please I would love for you to tell me otherwise after you just went on a rant below about how canadian talent is the back bone of any team.

Same goes for Laurent - how do you know that Laurents agent early on said not a chance and instead of wasting time they moved on.

How did we lose on Burris and Collaros when McManus and company had Willy rated highest? Not a difficult concept to understand.

I don't think it is up for debate that the Bombers were interested in both Burris and Collaros, since they made offers to both.  They didn't sign either one, so whether that is "losing out" on them or not is really just a matter of semantics.

How did we lose on Burris and Collaros when McManus and company had Willy rated highest? Not a difficult concept to understand.

I don't think it is up for debate that the Bombers were interested in both Burris and Collaros, since they made offers to both.  They didn't sign either one, so whether that is "losing out" on them or not is really just a matter of semantics.

This is a topic that hasn't been debated nearly enough.

This is a topic that hasn't been debated nearly enough.

You forgot to use the sarcastia font lol