[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith

Atomic

Really like this signing, was and still am a fan of the detroit lions, actually like all detroit based teams (lions tigers, bears i mean wings)

Watched a few lions games when Smith played for them and he was in beast mode most the time. Seems to be a runner who is suited for the CFL, more north south runner here, power type runner, I hope his injury problems are behind him cuz if they are, look out. We may have found something here. If not, well, so be it and there is no harm in bringing him in.

Pretty much a no-lose situation for us.  Either we get a high quality RB who still has miles left on the engine or ... nice of him to visit us.

Excited about this signing. Feel if he is healthy, K.Smith is a great upgrade. Hopefully he's in Clerks Mode though and not Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back mode though.

Clerks was an over-rated, over hyped amateur hour production.  Chasing Amy was the best thing Smith ever did.

False.

Excited about this signing. Feel if he is healthy, K.Smith is a great upgrade. Hopefully he's in Clerks Mode though and not Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back mode though.

Clerks was an over-rated, over hyped amateur hour production. Chasing Amy was the best thing Smith ever did.

False.

Clerks 2 was garbage, Clerks 1 was absolute gold!

JSBSS was also his best work.

Clerks was an over-rated, over hyped amateur hour production. Chasing Amy was the best thing Smith ever did.
False.

Clerks 2 was garbage, Clerks 1 was absolute gold!

JSBSS was also his best work.

Which isn't saying much.

I agree with The Unknown Poster in the Chasing Amy was Kevin Smith's best work, but Clerks was pretty good, Clerks II was decent and had it's moments. The strength of it clearly was some of the dialogue similar to most of Smith's features. Mallrats IMO was brilliant and probably my 2nd favourite after Chasing Amy.

As for the signing, if Smith is 100% healthy and can stay that way for a whole season, it's a big pick up. If the injury prone history continues, training camp fodder at worst.

I'm a fan of pretty much all of Kevin Smith's work but am particularly a fan of Dogma, clerks and mallrats.. As for for the football edition, I know not of his body of work but with all the fans in the know getting excited for his signing and hilites, I'm pretty stoked either way..

I thought he lost his job because of play and only had the one injury?

Wasn't it bell who took the job from him?

Kind of, but not really... he became expendable when the Lions signed Reggie Bush.... Joique Bell was a better "change of pace" back to compliment Bush.... but Smith definitely had more than one injury 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably shouldn't be reading into it too much but...seemed a little weird to me that once he got hurt he was just standing on his own on the sidelines, rather than be involved with the rest of the position group (even if he wasn't doing the drills).

Could also just be freeing up a position while he recovers.  Who knows.

Probably shouldn't be reading into it too much but...seemed a little weird to me that once he got hurt he was just standing on his own on the sidelines, rather than be involved with the rest of the position group (even if he wasn't doing the drills).

Could also just be freeing up a position while he recovers.  Who knows.

penton said that he has been outright released, he won't be back. He is done as a bomber probably as a football player, unfortunate but it is what it is. From all reports Grigsby and Cotton have both looked pretty good. Wonder if Smiths head was fully in to it.

This doesn't surprise me in the least.  He was probably brought in to be evaluated and run through the grind for a few days.  Obviously his body couldn't take it.  I wasn't expecting it.  If he was still game ready and able, he'd have found room on an NFL team somewhere.  

I'm seeing a similar fate for Ocho as well.