Best guess at the 44 man roster projection

Mike

If we go import kicker, then do you keep someone like Hiramjalluah (pretty sure I am not even close on spelling that one) around on PR or can he be developed by us in some way?

I believe Lirim (that's easier ;) ) can do all kicking chores, so it makes sense to keep him as backup kicker.

Renaud on the other hand just do punt.

Agree, disagree, I moved Washington to safety on my depth chart at one point throughout the off-season. 

Randle - Sears - Washington - Suber - Canadian

Just as easy to put Sears at safety too. Options.

It makes sense, then you use one of your new imports (Leggett, Johnson, whoever) as the DI and you're set.

Sears or Washington at safety, either one is a great option.

Agree, disagree, I moved Washington to safety on my depth chart at one point throughout the off-season. 

Randle - Sears - Washington - Suber - Canadian

Just as easy to put Sears at safety too. Options.

It makes sense, then you use one of your new imports (Leggett, Johnson, whoever) as the DI and you're set.

Sears or Washington at safety, either one is a great option.

I like Washington at safety a little more.  Better vision and a little more open field speed. I also would trust him a little more on a safety blitz too because I think he is a better tackler.  

I think we go with 4 import DB's, 2 import OL, DI's are kicker, returner/RB/receiver, DE/LB hybrid type guy that Etch loves.

If they feel like Neufeld can start, that import spot goes to the secondary.

Four designated imports now.

Also, if we have two import OL, where's the other Canuck?

There is going to be good competition at virtually every position. I'm most interested to see who emerges DB WR and OL. Would not be surprised to see at least one more WR and RB before camp - ex Purdue receiver Gary Bush? We have so many Canadian coaches who know this 3-down, wider field, offensive motion game inside out. So it seems likely that some very talented American players could lose jobs to Canadian players that are not quite so skilled technique-wise but who are athletic, work hard and have 3-down football smarts and pedigree. It seems work ethic and attitude will go a long way with this new regime. On OL I thought Jarvis Jones and Dan Knapp looked good for us in limited action last season. We look to be building some NI depth on the OL so Jones and Knapp could be among those on the bubble. On D, I can't imagine our defence without both Sears and Washington but you never know, players like Sears and even Suber could be in trouble since the competition looks to be so much improved. 

There is going to be good competition at virtually every position. I'm most interested to see who emerges DB WR and OL. Would not be surprised to see at least one more WR and RB before camp - ex Purdue receiver Gary Bush? We have so many Canadian coaches who know this 3-down, wider field, offensive motion game inside out. So it seems likely that some very talented American players could lose jobs to Canadian players that are not quite so skilled technique-wise but who are athletic, work hard and have 3-down football smarts and pedigree. It seems work ethic and attitude will go a long way with this new regime. On OL I thought Jarvis Jones and Dan Knapp looked good for us in limited action last season. We look to be building some NI depth on the OL so Jones and Knapp could be among those on the bubble. On D, I can't imagine our defence without both Sears and Washington but you never know, players like Sears and even Suber could be in trouble since the competition looks to be so much improved. 

Will Sears last the season is the rhetorical and obvious question I have. I sure hope so.

My depth chart looks a little different.

QB:  Willy, Hall, Brohm/Marve

FB: Pontbriand, Fitzgerald

RB:  Ford, Volny

WR1: Urrutia (or whoever)

WR2: Kohlert, Brescacin

SB1: Moore

SB2: Watson, Feoli-Gudino

SB3: Denmark

LT: January

LG: Greaves

C: Goossen, Morley

RG: Neufeld

RT: Jones

DE: Turner, Gatling

DT: Anderson, Lucas, Thomas

DE: Vega

SLB: Banks, Sherman

ILB: Kuale, Briggs

ILB: Wild, Eisho

WLB: Newman

WCB: Randle, Leggett

WHB: Washington

FS: Sears, West

SHB: Suber

SCB: Alexander, Bucknor, Jones

PK: Maher

KR: Tarver

Canadian starters: Watson, Kohlert, Greaves, Goossen, Neufeld, Newman, Alexander... in certain situations Newman coming out and a 4th DL coming in (Thomas/Lucas).

DI's: Maher, Tarver, Leggett (or other DB), Gatling (or other DE/LB)

I think we go with 4 import DB's, 2 import OL, DI's are kicker, returner/RB/receiver, DE/LB hybrid type guy that Etch loves.

If they feel like Neufeld can start, that import spot goes to the secondary.

Four designated imports now.

Also, if we have two import OL, where's the other Canuck?

DL and Newman/dime.

My depth chart looks a little different.

QB:  Willy, Hall, Brohm/Marve

FB: Pontbriand, Fitzgerald

RB:  Ford, Volny

WR1: Urrutia (or whoever)

WR2: Kohlert, Brescacin

SB1: Moore

SB2: Watson, Feoli-Gudino

SB3: Denmark

LT: January

LG: Greaves

C: Goossen, Morley

RG: Neufeld

RT: Jones

DE: Turner, Gatling

DT: Anderson, Lucas, Thomas

DE: Vega

SLB: Banks, Sherman

ILB: Kuale, Briggs

ILB: Wild, Eisho

WLB: Newman

WCB: Randle, Leggett

WHB: Washington

FS: Sears, West

SHB: Suber

SCB: Alexander, Bucknor, Jones

PK: Maher

KR: Tarver

Canadian starters: Watson, Kohlert, Greaves, Goossen, Neufeld, Newman, Alexander... in certain situations Newman coming out and a 4th DL coming in (Thomas/Lucas).

DI's: Maher, Tarver, Leggett (or other DB), Gatling (or other DE/LB)

I like both these guys but geez seems very thin considering our current tinkering with our O-line. 

My apologies for not knowing this but what other RB's will be attending training camp?  

Anyone else concerned that Goossen has not actually played Canadian football for, um, ever?  I think he's a nice talent but I just don't see how he will emerge as our starting centre after TC...  in fact, I'm a bit worried we'll ruin him if he does.

Goossen might take a little time but I believe he will be our starting centre at the end of the season, if not the beginning.

If we have to go with Morley/Kowalczuk at centre and Neufeld/Pencer/Swiston at right guard, I think we'll be okay. At least we have options.

Anyone else concerned that Goossen has not actually played Canadian football for, um, ever?  I think he's a nice talent but I just don't see how he will emerge as our starting centre after TC...  in fact, I'm a bit worried we'll ruin him if he does.

As a center? Not really.

This is the team I would field and yes, I am pencilling in a 230 lb Safety... not sure I have the ratio correct though

Starters:  Briggs, Alexander, Greaves, Morley, Goossen, Neufeld, Watson

Randle-Washington-Briggs*-Suber-Alexander* (Jones*, Sherman*, Robertson*, Bucknor*)

Wild-Kuale-Banks (Newman*, Sears, )

Griggs, Anderson, Turner, Vega (Thomas*, Lucas*, Fraser)

Urrutia, Moore, Watson*, Denmark, Barnes 

(Kohlert*, Brescacin*, Renaud*)

January, Greaves*, Morley*, Goossen*, Neufeld*

(Pencer*)

Willy, Hall, Marve

Cotton, Pontbriand* 

(Fitzgerald*, Volny*)

Maher

Reserve (Jones, Markett)