Bombers release Cauchy Muamba

probably about 7 or 8 guys now released from last week.

Guess this is what happens when your team hasnt been very good. You get rid of the old and bring in the new.

Cauchy? 100,000 $$ a year = untradeable even if you packaged him up with someone. 

probably about 7 or 8 guys now released from last week.

Guess this is what happens when your team hasnt been very good. You get rid of the old and bring in the new.

Cauchy? 100,000 $$ a year = untradeable even if you packaged him up with someone. 

Shomari Williams is around $120,000 and played in two games, making one defensive and one special teams tackle.

Maybe Toronto will pick him up

wouldn't shock me actually. would depend on Burke's views on him.

he'd be behind other NIs Black and Gabriel but at a reduced contract (which he could afford to accept since this is where his family lives) he might be a good depth guy and a further incentive for his brother to sign here after he's done with Indy/NFL.

Maybe Toronto will pick him up

wouldn't shock me actually. would depend on Burke's views on him.

well Burke ******* raved about the guy when they signed him and in training camp and then in typical Burke fashion tossed him under the bus to try and absolve himself of the blame for that shitty shitty team he put on the field. What Burke thinks of a player matters very little to me at this point in time because he lost all credibility in that field last season. 

Ted Laurent time....

He should just go back to the CFL. Walters have should an extra $100k now to top others bid for him. :P

TBieber, any NFL interest for Laurent ?

I believe teams can go over the cap in the offseason, as long as they are compliant at the end of the year when calculations are done. So this doesn't necessarily mean we have $100k in new money.

The CFL cap is a tally, not ongoing like the NHL.  You could be on pace to be $5 million over the cap today as long as you don't spend more than the upper limit on players by the end of the year.  It doesn't really matter right now.

They couldn't even get a late draft pick for him?

I would rather have a guy 2 guys who makes the minimum and can tackle a guy on special teams over a 1 guy who makes $100,000 and gives me the same.

editted for you :D

Wow and got nuthin for him, he used get a ton of good will, what happned here ?

He sucked from Week One on. Shoulda listened to the Rider fans on that one, I guess.

I'm pretty sure they just hated him because he had two picks in one game against them ;)

Wow and got nuthin for him, he used get a ton of good will, what happned here ?

He sucked from Week One on. Shoulda listened to the Rider fans on that one, I guess.

If I recall the defense of Muamba by many went well beyond week one but its all academic now.

I hate cutting veterans before training camp though, look how that played out when we did the same with Ian Logan. Give guys a chance, though I suspect Muamba wouldn't have fit here. Seems to me it's going to be a defence that is based on everyone making reads on the field and thinking and making good decisions was Muambas biggest problem. 

Cauchy sucked last season but lets not pretend that the entire D didnt suck cuz they certainly did. Outside of the dline and henoc and wild, the rest all pretty much sucked.

I see a few suggestions that the D sucked because our O sucked so bad, but i recall a few games where our O couldnt get on the field barely because the other teams would march at will vs our D.

We have always had pretty good Defences here, last year we did not.

Not many guys left from last years team it seems... Really on D, you got turner,anderson, i'm going to include vega, wild,washington,dunn,markett and sears plus a bunch of role players (dan west and the sorts)

Pretty apparent that cauchy wasn't our only issue on D last season.