Bombers release Cauchy Muamba

I am totally expecting a big trade or two tomorrow.

I'm not, its the CFL draft, these trades never happen.

Maybe you will see a team trade their first and 2nd to a team in the top 3 tho for their first.

I wouldn't expect anything too earth shattering. 

I hate cutting veterans before training camp though, look how that played out when we did the same with Ian Logan. Give guys a chance, though I suspect Muamba wouldn't have fit here. Seems to me it's going to be a defence that is based on everyone making reads on the field and thinking and making good decisions was Muambas biggest problem. 

Maybe its  time to bring Ian Logan back?

I hate cutting veterans before training camp though, look how that played out when we did the same with Ian Logan. Give guys a chance, though I suspect Muamba wouldn't have fit here. Seems to me it's going to be a defence that is based on everyone making reads on the field and thinking and making good decisions was Muambas biggest problem. 

Maybe its  time to bring Ian Logan back?

not the point, point is replace guys when you have a better option not before. 

I'm only concerned because the ni talent we have to replace him are also sub standard.

I expect a big signing though... We are shedding all these guys... We need something to balance it out. Maybe we are cutting salary for Laurent or Glenn?

They do have somebody better than Cauchy….in Alexander.

Cauchy had 2-3 years to prove his abilities, and his abilities don't match his contract.

I'm not so sure he could stay on a roster even at minimum salary.

Well we hope we do. What harm is there in determining that after training camp? This team is not so stacked in NIs with experience to just cut guys willy nilly. 

Cauchy had 2-3 years to prove his abilities, and his abilities don't match his contract.

Well we hope we do. What harm is there in determining that after training camp? This team is not so stacked in NIs with experience to just cut guys willy nilly. 

I hear you.

i can only assume that there are moves afoot that limit the number of players that we can keep around.

That doesn't explain why a couple of people are still on our roster, so it goes back to the reasoning that they are not at all impressed with the skills of this Muamba.

I was never impressed with Cauchy while he was with BC, so I wasn't excited with his being here, other than the NI fact and the Henoc connection.

Don't use the words "willy" and "cut" in the same sentence so early in the season- you'll start all kinds of panic.

C Muamba is probably the worst player we've had play significant snaps on defense since Jim Daley was the head coach, and that bar isn't too high when you think about the number of games a guy like Brady Browne started at safety.

He was bad enough that we went all import in the secondary when we had zero non-import depth last season, and the only good game he had personally was the Banjo Bowl when Burke/Creehan tossed up their arms and just blitzed him 75% of the time.

Hey I'm not saying he played great or anything, I'm just saying I don't see the need to just cut the guy prior to camp. The kid has some physical skills obviously what's the harm in seeing if he can figure out the new defence? Are we so deep we can just drop people like that?

Hey I'm not saying he played great or anything, I'm just saying I don't see the need to just cut the guy prior to camp. The kid has some physical skills obviously what's the harm in seeing if he can figure out the new defence? Are we so deep we can just drop people like that?

No.. But Cauchy is that lousy and that expensive that we could just as easily roll with Alexander or Newman or whomever else and get the same or better production for less cost..