Bombers release Cauchy Muamba

That's how you would have to sell it though. Riders acquired Shomari, an all-star punter, and moved up a spot in the draft for their #11 pick.

I'm not sure who the Bombers could have packaged with Cauchy to make that a viable situation. Certainly not their #2 overall selection. I mean, you look at how Ottawa didn't even want anyone from their roster, and that pretty much tells you what the league thinks of their Canadians.

Ted Laurent time....

He should just go back to the CFL. Walters have should an extra $100k now to top others bid for him. :P

TBieber, any NFL interest for Laurent ?

I believe teams can go over the cap in the offseason, as long as they are compliant at the end of the year when calculations are done. So this doesn't necessarily mean we have $100k in new money.

Ted Laurent time....

He should just go back to the CFL. Walters have should an extra $100k now to top others bid for him. :P

I believe teams can go over the cap in the offseason, as long as they are compliant at the end of the year when calculations are done. So this doesn't necessarily mean we have $100k in new money.

Wouldn't every team be over the cap right now when they have 75 players signed?

Ted Laurent time....

And the league doesn't actually care if you go over the cap anyways..

Ted Laurent time....

Not much going on... I'd give him about another week yet, as team's are going through all their UDFA's first. I'm still saying he goes back to Edmonton. Wally stopped waiting on him and went and grabbed Mitchell.

I think he will sign the basic contract and try again in two years, or have one of those - as I call it - "Argonaut Clause" in the deal where he gets out after one year.