Grocers and the Organic 'Revolution'

max power

That is certainly one opinion to carry.  Its not a very enlightened one, but its one.

LOL. By that logic then if you don't watch Fox News then you are not very enlightened, because you won't watch something that is hopelessly biased and deliberately full of errors to try and manipulate your emotions and thoughts. I don't watch stuff where I know there is an agenda to manipulate me to think a certain way based on selective information being offered. That's the same reason I don't watch a lot of things, as they will just make me angry at how gullible they think I am, and I have better things to do, like watch football. As Mark says, there are a lot of humane killing plants now, but of course, these documentaries have an agenda, and so therefore they are only going to show the worst stuff, with a goal to making me feel bad about eating meat. What's the point? It's not going to work. I am not an urbanite dweller, I grew up on a farm where we always treated our animals humanely and know a lot of things about where food comes from and how it's grown, I've visited killing plants and I don't feel guilty about eating meat, not one bit. And shame on those that try to make me feel guilty.

I mean, by that stance, we could literally jusitfy any behaviour because "bad things happen".

Not really.

Im a hypocrit because I eat meat.

No you are not. And shame on those who tell you that you are.

But I certainly wish I was strong enough not to support these places that treat animals so poorly.

If you are eating meat that was grown and processed in Canada, then you are, as Mark said. You can eat chicken guilt-free, that's for sure.

Fox news is closer to parody than it is to news. As someone with conservative leaning tendencies fox news and the like does more harm than good to the conservative image

I wont disagree but I enjoy Fox news for a) entertainment value and B) I like to hear multiple views on issues.  Its the crazy rights and crazy lefts that have issues because they will blindly believe everything their "source" tells them.  Its like the wing nuts that absolutely know that 9/11 was a US government conspiracy and the buildings were detonated...if they were even there (because they were holograms) or that Aliens abducted the Missing Plane.  Like sure, maybe Aliens did do it, but that wasnt my first thought. lol

I don't watch stuff where I know there is an agenda to manipulate me to think a certain way based on selective information being offered. 

That there is the problem in this world.  Everyone has an agenda.  It's always going to be bent in a way that makes your story, and whatever you're "selling", look better.

I happen to like Fox News and I "get" their biased in the same there is a lot more left leaning media bias out there.  Fox is conservative.  They dont pretend otherwise.  Other media pretends to be unbiased which is code for "left"

Yeah props to that all right. I don't get Sun TV as I would have to pay extra to get it, but I do watch their stories online if I want some balance to what the CBC is saying. It's funny what gets left out by the mainstream media that Sun and Fox actually report. I watched the old news feeds from Sept 11 again online on some website that had collected and stored them all - the CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox feeds, so I watched how every network reported 9/11 from the first minute that the news of the first plane hitting the WTC happened. CBS, NBC and ABC all stated right away "We don't want to jump to any conclusions as to the cause of this crash" while the Fox News guy said immediately as the footage of the first tower burning was being shown "There is no doubt that this is a terrorist attack, probably perpetrated by Islamic terrorists".

I happen to like Fox News and I "get" their biased in the same there is a lot more left leaning media bias out there.  Fox is conservative.  They dont pretend otherwise.  Other media pretends to be unbiased which is code for "left"

Yeah props to that all right. I don't get Sun TV as I would have to pay extra to get it, but I do watch their stories online if I want some balance to what the CBC is saying. It's funny what gets left out by the mainstream media that Sun and Fox actually report. I watched the old news feeds from Sept 11 again online on some website that had collected and stored them all - the CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox feeds, so I watched how every network reported 9/11 from the first minute that the news of the first plane hitting the WTC happened. CBS, NBC and ABC all stated right away "We don't want to jump to any conclusions as to the cause of this crash" while the Fox News guy said immediately as the footage of the first tower burning was being shown "There is no doubt that this is a terrorist attack, probably perpetrated by Islamic terrorists".

lol  I definitely think their on-air staff is encouraged to editorialize.  But you know what you're getting and I like it.

Drove me crazy when SUN News was announced and you had all the lefties actually fighting to keep it out.  They strongly believed in freedom of the press, but only if it was a lefty liberal stance.

Amazing that the debate rages on amongst nutritionists, doctors, scientists, and others, but here we have The Unknown Poster telling us that he "knows THE optimum way to eat" to achieve long life, fitness, etc. Your words, not mine. Maybe you need to open your eyes and realize that the milk lobby isn't the only group peddling lies.

He is pro homo milk!

;p

Drove me crazy when SUN News was announced and you had all the lefties actually fighting to keep it out.  They strongly believed in freedom of the press, but only if it was a lefty liberal stance.

Yeah that was such hypocrisy it was stunning. You want to claim how "open-minded" and freedom-loving you are, yet if someone wants to dedicate a news channel to reporting news in a way that you don't agree with, then censorship is the only answer. Just pathetic. I can't stand hypocrites. If you say you believe in something, then stand by it, or just shut the hell up.

Yeah that was such hypocrisy it was stunning. You want to claim how "open-minded" and freedom-loving you are, yet if someone wants to dedicate a news channel to reporting news in a way that you don't agree with, then censorship is the only answer. Just pathetic. I can't stand hypocrites. If you say you believe in something, then stand by it, or just shut the hell up.

Wasn't the fight over making it mandatory for all carriers to provide, rather than just being able to exist?

people on the left tend to be the most intolerant of other ideas. If you dare to question their ideology they do nothing but hurl insults and put on an air of superiority because they are oh so enlightened. 

Yeah,               right

Fox news is closer to parody than it is to news. As someone with conservative leaning tendencies fox news and the like does more harm than good to the conservative image

I wont disagree but I enjoy Fox news for a) entertainment value and B) I like to hear multiple views on issues.  Its the crazy rights and crazy lefts that have issues because they will blindly believe everything their "source" tells them.  Its like the wing nuts that absolutely know that 9/11 was a US government conspiracy and the buildings were detonated...if they were even there (because they were holograms) or that Aliens abducted the Missing Plane.  Like sure, maybe Aliens did do it, but that wasnt my first thought. lol

The problem with this analogy is that those wingnuts don't have their own tv station that millions of people watch religiously. Fox is able to potray their conspiracy theories as news. Fox News is entertainment if you're smart enough to take it for what it's worth. Problem is there are a lot of very uninformed people in the US who believe everything Fox tells them. (Obamacare death panels, for example)

people on the left tend to be the most intolerant of other ideas. If you dare to question their ideology they do nothing but hurl insults and put on an air of superiority because they are oh so enlightened. 

That seems like a pretty sweeping generalization based on nothing.

That seems like a pretty sweeping generalization based on nothing.

it's not based on nothing, it's based on anecdotal evidence... that's a kind of evidence right?

I would agree that active lefties are more intolerant of other ideas than rights. I wonder if it's because rights are more pragmatic due to their positions being so swiftly attacked. Whereas the left are a bit more arrogant.

Of you're the NDP you can be as crazy as you want because federally you never had a chance. The liberals took left-centre and right-centre votes but they have turned mlre left probably to try and siphon back some NDP support.

The cons finally got tired of representing a perspective that would never get them in power and turned towards the centre. It seems most of the liberals efforts to attack Harper is always how crazy he is and all the crazy things he's going to do. After many years in power that argument doesn't hold much water.

I just can't imagine Trudeau as PM. I guess it would be entertaining. But in a car crash sort of way.

What does everyone think of this?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/why-your-milk-costs-so-much-and-what-to-do-about-it-151548102.html?.tsrc=yahoo

Personally this and peak of the market really pisses me off

100% correct - supply management is on the way out.

The only downside is for people who actually invested money to get into this system. Some just inherited whatever quota they have, but there are farmers who have invested millions to get into the supply managed system.

They will take a hit - but this ancient system needs to go.

What does everyone think of this?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/why-your-milk-costs-so-much-and-what-to-do-about-it-151548102.html?.tsrc=yahoo

Personally this and peak of the market really pisses me off

100% correct - supply management is on the way out.

The only downside is for people who actually invested money to get into this system. Some just inherited whatever quota they have, but there are farmers who have invested millions to get into the supply managed system.

They will take a hit - but this ancient system needs to go. Hopefully they pay off at least those who actually invested $$

The problem with this analogy is that those wingnuts don't have their own tv station that millions of people watch religiously. Fox is able to potray their conspiracy theories as news. Fox News is entertainment if you're smart enough to take it for what it's worth. Problem is there are a lot of very uninformed people in the US who believe everything Fox tells them. (Obamacare death panels, for example)

I think the same can be said for the CBC and especially David Suzuki. If Suzuki said tomorrow that everyone should drink cyanide-laced Kool-Aid you'd have around 1 million people dead by sunset in this country. It's amazing to me that no matter how hare-brained, stupid and impractical the words tumbling out of that clown's mouth, how many people just swallow it wholesale. And you know if Suzuki caused one million people to drink cyanide, he wouldn't do it, as he never practices what he preaches. He'd fly off in a private jet to one of his four houses instead.

I think the same can be said for the CBC and especially David Suzuki. If Suzuki said tomorrow that everyone should drink cyanide-laced Kool-Aid you'd have around 1 million people dead by sunset in this country. It's amazing to me that no matter how hare-brained, stupid and impractical the words tumbling out of that clown's mouth, how many people just swallow it wholesale. And you know if Suzuki caused one million people to drink cyanide, he wouldn't do it, as he never practices what he preaches. He'd fly off in a private jet to one of his four houses instead.

I think its because there is a segment of the population that feels guilty about everything and they want to feel better about themselves, so this is the segment that wants to give to everyone.  If you're rich, it makes them feel guilty that they allowed you to be rich while others go hungry so they want to take your money and give it to others.  Many of these people are attracted to jobs in media because it gives them an audience for what they believe to be a "better way".  There's no point in feeling guilty and trying to change the world if no one is listening.

So people Suzuki feed this desire in these people.  He says we are killing our world and the guilty feel bad and use him as their 'expert' to prove the guilt is real.  Im all for being kind to the planet but I agree, this guy is a bonafide clown.  100%.  Its like the mainstream media that reports global warming as fact when there are many, many scientists that dispute it.