Bombers add 4; release 5

Mike

There are about 7 or 8 receivers competing for one starting spot in my opinion (i think moore and denmark are locks)

Of those 7 or 8, 2 are canadians in brescanin and renaud  and actually feoli guidino. they are probably competing with each other for the backup non import spot.

So that leaves you with johnson,kelly,garvin,barnes,urrutia and maybe i mised a guy or 2 competing for one starting spot, i guess tarver also but on the bb.com they have him listed as a rb.

Surely one of those guys will step up and take kellys spot. Under the impression, one or 2 import receivers always come in and show they belong so im not too worried about that spot too much. 

I am somewhat surprised though that Kelly is still on the roster, that worries me a bit to be honest. I hope they take the guys who play the best in pre season and dont base this one who bellefeuille has a love affair with.

Per game, Etienne was more productive. And what do you mean off the streets? It's not like he wasn't an experienced CFLer.

Off the streets meaning he wasn't with the team during training camp and pretty much came out of not playing to out perform a guy who was 3 years in with the club!

The fact that Etienne couldn't make the club over this guy is a sign that either our coaching staff was / is incompetent or that Etienne simply sucked the big one.

... but Etienne did outperform him.

... and make the club over this guy? Why would they ever have been competing against eachother for a roster spot? One is American, one is Canadian.

Literally no idea where you're going here.

How do you say Etienne out performed him? He had less stats despite having way more time with the club and our system.

Ignoring the fact of import/non import Kelly clearly was a better player then Etienne.

If Etienne was so good he would still be with us and would of actually seen the field.

Mike its OK to admit that Etienne was a bust and was just another crappy NI receiver that the team drafted.

I think its safe to assume that the new coaching staff (and probably the GM) have been over the videos of the past season or two and have made decisions about who has zero potential to make the team and who who has shown enough promise to be kept around. Decent NIs are pretty rare and Etienne has obviously shown himself as a non-starter or even backup.

How do you say Etienne out performed him? He had less stats despite having way more time with the club and our system.

Except that the stats show Etienne had more yards per game than Kelly did.... Mike isn't trying to pimp Etienne here, simply saying that Kelly was less productive yet people ran Etienne out of town on a rail so why does Kelly as an import survive?

Except that the stats show Etienne had more yards per game than Kelly did.... Mike isn't trying to pimp Etienne here, simply saying that Kelly was less productive yet people ran Etienne out of town on a rail so why does Kelly as an import survive?

Maybe because Kelly in his short time showed more than Etienne did in his 3 years

Maybe because Kelly in his short time showed more than Etienne did in his 3 years

by making 2 or 3 good catches? Etienne has some highlights in his bomber career too. 

Once again... Kelly came in cold and outperformed Etienne.

This is similar to the Boatman / Jones where one guy with only 5 days with the club out performed some one else who was with the club for the whole season.

Kelly: 9 games 321 yards = 35.7 y/gm

Etienne: 7 games 265 yards = 37.9 y/gm

How come Kelly played more games? Wouldn't you think a guy three years with the club and who is a ni would see the field much more then a guy they called up out of the blue.

Face it Kelly out performed him hence why he saw the fields more.

The 2 yards per game is much inferior then a guy coming in cold and instantly being more productive.

If Etienne was the better player he would of seen the field much more. Face it he was a bust.

Kelly would be a C level player while Etienne would be a D. They both are the suck.

If Etienne was good the Blue would of kept him. Unless you are suggesting the current regime doesn't know what they are doing?

Well, I guess we'll see pretty soon if Kelly is on a roster at the beginning of the year or if Etienne is on the Sask. roster.

I think you'll find Etienne will vastly outperform Kelly this year.

But he didn't last season or the year before or the year before that and that's my point.....   

I don't want Kelly on our roster and for all I care he can disappear....  the point is that despite having every single reason to shine... Etienne still couldn't crack the line up after 3 full years while Kelly cracked it in his first week with the club and was a more productive member on the team.   After 3 seasons Etienne should of been on that field playing every down and we shouldn't of had to keep hunting for scraps to play receiver for us.....  

This year I can safely say that Kohlert will outplay Etienne and Kelly I sure hope is not a starting receiver and that Moore will have a ridiculous amount more of yards then what he will have.   

How come Kelly played more games? Wouldn't you think a guy three years with the club and who is a ni would see the field much more then a guy they called up out of the blue.

Injury?

Face it Kelly out performed him hence why he saw the fields more.

That's a rather simplistic view of it. Especially when you consider the fact that the numbers don't support what you're saying.

The 2 yards per game is much inferior then a guy coming in cold and instantly being more productive.

This sentence just doesn't even make sense. But since you want to talk about it only being 2 yards more a game (I think?) let me also point out that Etienne was injured in the first quarter of one of those games, so while he appeared in 7 games, he didn't exactly get an opportunity to do anything in the 7th.

If Etienne was the better player he would of seen the field much more. Face it he was a bust.

This is such bizarre logic. But I'll reiterate: he was injured.

Kelly would be a C level player while Etienne would be a D. They both are the suck.

Okay.

If Etienne was good the Blue would of kept him. Unless you are suggesting the current regime doesn't know what they are doing?

He's so good that his trade value netted us a starting QB.

See? I can be stubborn with my logic too.

Long story short Etienne couldn't start in three years under Lapolice, Crowton, Burke, Bellefeuille and then dumped when the new regime came over... Kelly is still here despite a massive overhaul... What more need I say?

Long story short Etienne couldn't start in three years under Lapolice, Crowton, Burke, Bellefeuille

Holy crap man, you should stop doubling down on dumb stuff when you're called on it.

If you look at the depth charts, which are still available on bluebombers.com, you'll see that Etienne was a starter in 2013. 

He did lose his starting job after Labour Day -- but that was due to a concussion suffered when a Saskatchewan DB tried to decapitate him. I think there were a couple games on the 1-game for him, and a couple games where he didn't make the 42 due to lingering symptoms, and a couple more games where he started again.

Kelly is still here despite a massive overhaul....

So is Cauchy Muamba.

I think Etienne will go on to have a solid CFL career but as the above poster mentioned I think he suffered a fairly severe concussion in that Sask. game just as he was starting to find his groove.  As for Kelly could well be that Max Hall had better chemistry working with Denmark and Edwards.  I don't see any reason to cut the guy at least bring him into TC and let him compete for the position.  Can't always blame the receiver if the ball isn't going their way.  Look how Denmark transformed himself last year, if the Bombers hadn't shown patience he'd be playing on a rival team now.