K Brett Maher (Nebraska)

DL Kashawn Fraser (Central Michigan)

OUT:

OL Quentin Saulsberry

REC Quentin Sims

DB Phillip Benning

DB Gabe Loper

DL Damario Jeffery

Guess releasing the american center probably means they will take one of lavertu or goosen. It is interesting that they worked out lavertu the other day and goosen yesterday and then release this guy today, must mean they are sold on both of them. 

Guess releasing the american center probably means they will take one of lavertu or goosen. It is interesting that they worked out lavertu the other day and goosen yesterday and then release this guy today, must mean they are sold on both of them.

Or maybe he was never a center prospect and he just turned out to be not very good

Sims surprises me a bit

Especially since Aaron Kelly is still on our roster.

Bellefeuille bromance?  I'd rather bring in a reasonable prospect for a look in training camp, hell if we really need Kelly back I'm sure he'll be available.

Don't even get me started on Aaron Kelly, I have no idea why he's still on our roster. For everyone that loved to rag on Jade Etienne, here's an import who tons of people seemed to fall in love with because of a few spectacular catches despite the fact that he actually produced LESS than a guy like Jade. If we're going to be competitive, we should be able to do much better than Aaron Kelly.

Sims surprises me a bit

Bellefeuille bromance?  I'd rather bring in a reasonable prospect for a look in training camp, hell if we really need Kelly back I'm sure he'll be available.

Don't even get me started on Aaron Kelly, I have no idea why he's still on our roster. For everyone that loved to rag on Jade Etienne, here's an import who tons of people seemed to fall in love with because of a few spectacular catches despite the fact that he actually produced LESS than a guy like Jade. If we're going to be competitive, we should be able to do much better than Aaron Kelly.

oh c'mon. Get started.

Sims surprises me a bit

oh c'mon. Get started.

He's not very good.

The end.

Sims surprises me a bit

oh c'mon. Get started.

keep-calm-and-let-s-get-it-started-3.png

Sims surprises me a bit

But he made two really big highlight catches early on in his tenure!!!! Next Stegall!!!11!!!!

Still don't see where we would have ratio flexibility to have an import kicker...

How so? All it does is take away one import backup. Not ideal of course but definitely do-able and worth it if he is better than our other options. Also allows us to keep a couple extra Canadians on the roster.

Still don't see where we would have ratio flexibility to have an import kicker...

How so? All it does is take away one import backup. Not ideal of course but definitely do-able and worth it if he is better than our other options. Also allows us to keep a couple extra Canadians on the roster.

If he handles both duties and gets us an extra five yards every play, it makes sense...  If Newman and Bucknor perform, that helps...  If Watson, Stephan, Alexander stay healthy...  lots of ifs

Otherwise, I'd rather burn all three DIs on defence

If he handles both duties and gets us an extra five yards every play, it makes sense... If Newman and Bucknor perform, that helps... If Watson, Stephan, Alexander stay healthy... lots of ifs

I get what you're saying but there are always going to be ifs. What if Renaud has another bad year? What if Hajrullahu isn't ready?

To me, this is just covering all your bases and giving yourself options. Nobody has said we are going to use an American kicker for sure. But is nice to have a good one around if our Canadians can't do the job. I still think Hajrullahu/Renaud is Plan A.

If he handles both duties and gets us an extra five yards every play, it makes sense...  If Newman and Bucknor perform, that helps...  If Watson, Stephan, Alexander stay healthy...  lots of ifs

it's obvious to me that they won't be going with the DI LB/DB and it'll be a NI filling that role. Too many NIs of that type on the roster so naturally that's where they'll get the DI spot for a kicker. Think that was the plan all along with the talk early on that they wanted Waters to kick. 

Sims surprises me a bit

I'm not huge on Aaron Kelly... but considering he came off the streets and  had 3 more catches and 60 more yards.... Etienne with his 3 years should of had much much more stats then Kelly... not a good comparison.  

Regardless....  with Moore I assume Kelly is TCF....

Sims surprises me a bit

Bellefeuille bromance? I'd rather bring in a reasonable prospect for a look in training camp, hell if we really need Kelly back I'm sure he'll be available.

Don't even get me started on Aaron Kelly, I have no idea why he's still on our roster. For everyone that loved to rag on Jade Etienne, here's an import who tons of people seemed to fall in love with because of a few spectacular catches despite the fact that he actually produced LESS than a guy like Jade. If we're going to be competitive, we should be able to do much better than Aaron Kelly.

I'm not huge on Aaron Kelly... but considering he came off the streets and had 3 more catches and 60 more yards.... Etienne with his 3 years should of had much much more stats then Kelly... not a good comparison.

Regardless.... with Moore I assume Kelly is TCF....

Per game, Etienne was more productive. And what do you mean off the streets? It's not like he wasn't an experienced CFLer.

Per game, Etienne was more productive. And what do you mean off the streets? It's not like he wasn't an experienced CFLer.

Off the streets meaning he wasn't with the team during training camp and pretty much came out of not playing to out perform a guy who was 3 years in with the club!     

The fact that Etienne couldn't make the club over this guy is a sign that either our coaching staff was / is incompetent or that Etienne simply sucked the big one.  

Off the streets meaning he wasn't with the team during training camp and pretty much came out of not playing to out perform a guy who was 3 years in with the club!     

The fact that Etienne couldn't make the club over this guy is a sign that either our coaching staff was / is incompetent or that Etienne simply sucked the big one.  

... but Etienne did outperform him.

... and make the club over this guy? Why would they ever have been competing against eachother for a roster spot? One is American, one is Canadian.

Literally no idea where you're going here.

here's an import who tons of people seemed to fall in love with because of a few spectacular catches despite the fact that he actually produced LESS than a guy like Jade. If we're going to be competitive, we should be able to do much better than Aaron Kelly.

I think it's because he made the biggest two or three offensive plays for us in our improbable Banjo Bowl victory last year.  First impressions are weirdly powerful.

here's an import who tons of people seemed to fall in love with because of a few spectacular catches despite the fact that he actually produced LESS than a guy like Jade. If we're going to be competitive, we should be able to do much better than Aaron Kelly.

I think it's because he made the biggest two or three offensive plays for us in our improbable Banjo Bowl victory last year.  First impressions are weirdly powerful.

yeah. we have seen a lot of guys like that.... Jeffers-Harris, Carr, Doug Pierce, Sims-Walker...