Gdt: Calgary Stampeders @ Montreal Alouettes 12/07

On the bright side for them, their D doesn't look as bad as I thought they'd be.

until teams figure out their blitz packages. They're not really getting pressure from just the line, they're having to send extra people, once teams recognize where the soft spot is they'll exploit it more. 

Calgary won....but didn't look real impressive.  Actually Glenn did a pretty good job of making chicken salad out of something or other.  Als still having real problems with their OL reads, when trying to throw down the field...and AC goes down at the drop of a hat, these days.......

An old song for those Alouette perfrmances....

Alouette, gentille alouette....Alouette, je te plumerai.. Little skylark, lovely little skylark....Little lark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

until teams figure out their blitz packages. They're not really getting pressure from just the line, they're having to send extra people, once teams recognize where the soft spot is they'll exploit it more. 

This is like their D from the Don Matthews days. They brought the house nearly every single down. I remember a game in Winnipeg where they got something stupid like a dozen sacks on us.

It's certainly a benefit having a front 4 that can get pressure on its own.

Last game, I predicted that Doug Berry would be OC before mid-season....  now, I might say Doug Berry will be Head Coach by mid-season...

Calvillo isn't even trying.  And neither is anyone else...

Really, the bombers finishing first in the east is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

I think AC is the problem. Showing absolutely zero leadership & acting like a prima donna. Unbelievable as it seems, he is becoming a cancer on that team.

Don't see this at all. He's been the one consistent factor through all the Als teams the past decade. He's not happy with where the team is headed this year, and really no one would be if they were in his position. As much as I hate him he's been a class act in the CFL for a long time.

Interesting formation in short yardage with Whitaker taking the snap and Calvillo lining up as a tailback.

I guess the point is to get Calvillo on the field for short yardage so that the Stamps have to think about the possibility of a gadget pass play?

Don't see this at all. He's been the one consistent factor through all the Als teams the past decade. He's not happy with where the team is headed this year, and really no one would be if they were in his position. As much as I hate him he's been a class act in the CFL for a long time.

I don't think I've ever heard a player publicly call out his coaching like AC did last week. Unless they turn it around fast that locker room is going to fester.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is how old Calvillo is, we all knew that sooner or later age was going to hit him like a ton of bricks. Doug Brown has talked about it a lot in the last couple years how Trestman put the guy in bubble wrap and made sure no one could touch him, without that cushion it appears he's showing his age.

One interesting thing to note - Without a couple of straight up circus catches made by Glenn's receivers (Sinopoli, Lewis, I think another) Calgary barely scores 15 points this game.

That was the other thing to really take note of in this game. Will be very interesting to see how the bombers offense does against a different opponent. It did sound like the Als D did a pretty good job with the Calgary offense... let's see how the bombers O does against the sisters of the poor in Guelph.

Als have a solid Defence this year for sure...

I'm kind of worried about our Run Game. Cornish was able to pick up 90 yards off 18 carries. Simpson was only able to pick up a paltry 55 yards off 14 carries. 

Whats going on with our run blocking? Our O-line was solid with that last season. Hopefully they pick it up soon.

Als have a solid Defence this year for sure...

I'm kind of worried about our Run Game. Cornish was able to pick up 90 yards off 18 carries. Simpson was only able to pick up a paltry 55 yards off 14 carries. 

Whats going on with our run blocking? Our O-line was solid with that last season. Hopefully they pick it up soon.

I didn't think run-blocking was all that great last season...teams were able to stop the run in situations where we needed it. That's why we had so much trouble closing games.

That was an auspicious debut for the young man and that transition from QB to receiver lends hope that maybe, with a little bit of Godly help, we can change one of our better receivers into a full-time QB. 

Does anyone know if Doug Pierce can throw a football? ^_^

That's pretty strong, considering we have no idea what things are like in the dressing room.

Criticizing the man for publicly calling out everyone? Showing a losing attitude on the field? I know there's problems but AC is right in the middle of it. He's not making it better but making it worse.