Gdt: Calgary Stampeders @ Montreal Alouettes 12/07

Just remember, our defence did dominate last week, that doesn't change. They played well. Doubtful they replicate that kind of game though.

Our offence didn't play particularly well, but just enough to win. Hopefully that improves.

sounds like through the magic of radio that the als defense is doing the same kinds of things they did against winnipeg, stacking the box against the run and sending lots of pressure? How has the Calgary offense done against it? seems like they've moved the ball a bit but having trouble finding the endzone.

Glenn has done a decent job of evading rushers to buy time. Calgary's line is also giving him more time than ours did Pierce. Despite the line being stacked, Cornish has made plays where Simpson simply didn't

On the other side, simply put aside from the opening drive, Montreal's offense is a joke.

sounds like through the magic of radio that the als defense is doing the same kinds of things they did against winnipeg, stacking the box against the run and sending lots of pressure? How has the Calgary offense done against it? seems like they've moved the ball a bit but having trouble finding the endzone.

Glenn sacked 3 times on the last 2 drives. MTL's defense isn't that bad.

How long before Hawkins is canned for Doug Berry? I jokingly said that to my Dad...but now I'm not so sure...

I think he's got more rope than that yet, think that before they fire him they'll explain that he'd damned sure better put in an offense that Calvillo can run or else. 

Lots of fans and media will take the easy target and blame Hawkins for destroying a dynasty of awesomeness under Trestman. But last year , quite often, they looked very ordinary and beatable. The rot has set in before this year - Hawkins might just accelerating it.

I think more than anything it was a case of Trestman just slowing it down. Can't ever forget just how old Calvillo is. I think Trestmans offense kept that guy viable for longer than he should have been and now that it's a new coach Calvillo is simply looking his age. This goes for the als o-line as well I think, they have not done a good job this year. 

Lots of fans and media will take the easy target and blame Hawkins for destroying a dynasty of awesomeness under Trestman. But last year , quite often, they looked very ordinary and beatable. The rot has set in before this year - Hawkins might just accelerating it.

Their offence has no intelligible purpose.  It is just brutal, like they don't understand how to get guys open downfield.  The other bit is the use of motion.  Looks like the OC is the last kid to get the latest toy.  Everyone else up here is already used to the motion, all the movement parallel to the line of scrimmage isn't going to fool anyone, and the motion they are using across the formation is actually telling the defence where the ball is going.  They put up points in week 1 on short fields because of turnovers, but they've been discombobulated since the first snap of the season.

How long before Hawkins is canned for Doug Berry? I jokingly said that to my Dad...but now I'm not so sure...

If anyone is fired I could see it being Miller (the OC) before Hawkins. The Als would benefit from Berry having more input into the offence since AC did play well under his system.