Quentin Saulsberry?

mikey d

Ok....this is a suuuuuuper far fetched scenario that I would like to see play out but likely never happen.

We trade picks 20 and 26 to BC for BCs 5th.  BC now doesn't have a first rounder but would have two second and three third rounders.

BC could then flip say 12th and 20th to Hamilton for 9th.  

In the end Winnipeg would have two first rounders but nothing until the 4th round, BC moves down 4 spots but get an extra lower pick at 26 and get to pick back to back and Hamilton moves down two but has early second round back to back picks at 11 and 12.

Maybe a team has to throw a player in there to make it happen but in such a shallow draft I think this would be great if pulled off.  But as I said likely won't.

Thoughts?  

your right it won't happen.

why would BC trade their 1st round prick for two late round picks only to trade two higher picks for a lower 1st round pick? 

We barely have enough NI Olinemen, why are you talking about trading our current ones?

We have 4 import OLs Jones, Knapp, Richards and Saulsberry aside from January. If we dont have an NI good enough to be the 4th starter we can still go with 2-import OL even if January is not around..

I'm not completely averse to trading Janvier, but the return would have to be something really necessary...don't trade him "just because". He's done too much good for us during some really trying times to just get rid of him because we have a few imports kicking around that *may* be able to fill his spot.

All this said, it really seems like silly talk...unlikely to happen.

January has been, by far, our best lineman over the past three or so years. You can't trade a guy like that unless the guys coming in to replace him are proven impactful players.

January is an average CFL import OL. He can be replaced.

Well even if that's the case (which I disagree with), it doesn't change the fact that every one of our other linemen are well below average.  What makes you so sure that unproven guys such as Jones and Knapp can come in and do as good of a job as January? Sorry but I'm not looking forward to our QBs getting killed more often than they already were last year.

Well even if that's the case (which I disagree with), it doesn't change the fact that every one of our other linemen are well below average.  What makes you so sure that unproven guys such as Jones and Knapp can come in and do as good of a job as January? Sorry but I'm not looking forward to our QBs getting killed more often than they already were last year.

Well Jones arguably played better than January did last year.. yeah small sample sizes but January is the definition of a journeyman so realistically you gotta expect that a GM can go down to the pound and find someone as good. What January brings is experience and leadership, but replacing his actual skills, yeah that's pretty doable. 

I think we have to make the most of our opportunity while Wylie is here. Give him a very good talent to work with and turn them into a solid O-Line this year. Just like what he did in 2007-2008 with LaBatte et.al.

We never know, NFL might come calling again next year and *poof* he's gone.

I think we have to make the most of our opportunity while Wylie is here. Give him a very good talent to work with and turn them into a solid O-Line this year. Just like what he did in 2007-2008 with LaBatte et.al.

And in order to do that, we need to keep January around for the time being, because the rest of our O-line sucks absolute dogshit.

I don't think January is getting enough credit here, he is better than some consider.

Not great, but serviceable.

He still has value for this team and shouldn't be going anywhere soon.

Having said that, there is a reason the Bombers are looking at 4 other American linemen, something that should have been done last year.

Taormina, and Boatman were not the definition of good and I would venture to say that affected the play of Morley...and not in a good way.

And in order to do that, we need to keep January around for the time being, because the rest of our O-line sucks absolute dogshit.

Which coincidently is the only reason people consider January an irreplaceable player. He's the best of a poor lot but that doesn't mean he's a top teir guy. He's serviceable not much more.