Quentin Saulsberry?

mikey d

I think we have to make the most of our opportunity while Wylie is here. Give him a very good talent to work with and turn them into a solid O-Line this year. Just like what he did in 2007-2008 with LaBatte et.al.

We never know, NFL might come calling again next year and *poof* he's gone.

And in order to do that, we need to keep January around for the time being, because the rest of our O-line sucks absolute dogshit.

Not necessarily. Jones and Knapp filled in admirably in LT and RT respectively, consider they are with the team for just 5 days. Imagine what benefit of a full TC will do for them. And we have 2 more good import propects on the roster right now... and they are not like a Taormina type.

and you're too down in our NI OLs

RT - they have high hopes with Neufeld but if he's not good there, then we line up an import there. Problem solved.

RG - Penser played good in his short stint there, so does Kowalczuk. Swiston has his bright and dark moments there. I think it's a matter of deciding where should be Penser and Swiston play, not RG this week and RT next week.

LG - will be Greaves, who arguably our best NI OL last year.

our problem is with C - Morley and Kowalzcuk is not set there yet.

and how much of it is DelMonaco's ?

I would rate January as the 4th best import tackle in the league behind Jovan Olafioye, Stanley Bryant, and Xavier Fulton. He is vastly underrated here for some reason.

The attitude that an import OL has to be some dominant monster is totally unfounded. There isn't a guy in the league like that these days.

I would rate January as the 4th best import tackle in the league behind Jovan Olafioye, Stanley Bryant, and Xavier Fulton. He is vastly underrated here for some reason.

The attitude that an import OL has to be some dominant monster is totally unfounded. There isn't a guy in the league like that these days.

Especially when most teams are using 4-5 imports on the DL and rotating edge rushers in and out.  The quality of pass rushers on the whole hasn't been better in my lifetime.

Not necessarily. Jones and Knapp filled in admirably in LT and RT respectively, consider they are with the team for just 5 days. Imagine what benefit of a full TC will do for them. 

Knapp didn't play LT in that game - he played RG. 

I didnt say Knapp played LT... read my post :huh:

i think he played RT vs Edmonton

it's the game where he played good the first half until he got tired and Odell figured him out on the second

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2013/DepthChartEdmontonatWinnipeg094146.pdf

then we played 3 imports the next game (vs BC) with him playing RG

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2013/DepthvsBC093002.pdf

Not necessarily. Jones and Knapp filled in admirably in LT and RT respectively, consider they are with the team for just 5 days. Imagine what benefit of a full TC will do for them.

Knapp didn't play LT in that game - he played RG.

I didnt say Knapp played LT... read my post :huh:

i think he played RT vs Edmonton

it's the game where he played good the first half until he got tired and Odell figured him out on the second

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2013/DepthChartEdmontonatWinnipeg094146.pdf

then we played 3 imports the next game (vs BC) with him playing RG

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2013/DepthvsBC093002.pdf

My mistake. I had my games confused.

Brian Simmons in Hamilton is in the mix for #4 as well. Joel Figueroa - their RT - is a fine player as well. Not top tier yet, but could be in the next year or two.

Its really odd how people devalue january here and yet overvalue every other player.. The guy has been the most steady and dependable tackle in our lineup since he got here..

Also, journeyman? How long does one person need on a team to lose said moniker? Hes been a bomber for how long?

Brian Simmons in Hamilton is in the mix for #4 as well. Joel Figueroa - their RT - is a fine player as well. Not top tier yet, but could be in the next year or two.

Good call on Figueroa. He was a beast for them at the end of last season.

January is needed in a time like this. In a rebuild you need high character guys who lead on and off the field. I can only remember the first couple games in 2012 where he missed were a complete train wreck.

No argument here, but realistically, January is in the twilight of his career, and we can expect one more year from him at best, so if we can use his experience and leadership  as a bargaining chip to get a better draft pick or such, we gotta do it.