BC Lions release Joey Elliot

gbill2004

Elliott's supporters here seem to have forgotten his unwillingness to play according to direction. He had a gunslinger's mentality and this was his undoing- he tried to force plays and thought that if he got the ball in the vicinity of his receivers, they would get it. Too often he was wrong because the long bomb wasn't always the right answer.

I'd bring Joey back, but he'd have to make the job fair today at the stadium.  He'd be a great improvement for the team.  The free t-shirts and after TD footballs we get to those fans near the top row.

Neither guy is gonna be fast-tracked into the Hall of Fame. Even the Bomber hall of fame!

I'd bring Joey back, but he'd have to make the job fair today at the stadium.  He'd be a great improvement for the team.  The free t-shirts and after TD footballs we get to those fans near the top row.

Neither guy is gonna be fast-tracked into the Hall of Fame. Even the Bomber hall of fame!

Today's job fair was for game day volunteers.  

Maybe they don't know he won Player of the Week not once but twice.

So? 

Well one could argue that the big reason he wore out his welcome was not listening to the coaches... yet if a guy who didn't listen put up better games than anyone else has since that not listening to the coaches was a plus in the guys favour? Maybe he recognized the complete horseshit the game plan was and told the coaches so? Would have been interesting to see what he did with a different offensive coordinator here. 

Good or bad play calling, I don't care.... The players don't run the team the coaches do. If Elliott didn't follow a game plan & ad libbed on the field he had to be released as he was undisciplined. One guy can't make decisions like that when he plays. So, that even makes me more glad he's not here or ever coming back. The coaches were dealt with, fired & no longer here except for Howell. We have better qbs now playing & signed for us than Elliott with perhaps better attitudes. Buh bye. 

We'll never know the reasons behind the reasons why Joey E. has no love from the coaches…but I'll say this much, that's three releases from two different sets of coaches and apparently, Khari didn't put in a good word for him either as BC's new OC.

He didn't convince the right people and that alone convinces me.

We'll never know the reasons behind the reasons why Joey E. has no love from the coaches…but I'll say this much, that's three releases from two different sets of coaches and apparently, Khari didn't put in a good word for him either as BC's new OC.

He didn't convince the right people and that alone convinces me.

Really hard not to agree with this.. Joey E has burned two.bridges now and there must be a reason for it..

Maybe Joe Mack will ask him to come to camp for his current CFL team.  Oh, that's right Joe Mack currently doesn't have a CFL team to call his employer! :D

Remember back in 2012 when the Bombers got off to that horrible start and the calls for Joe Mack to be fired became increasingly louder both in the media and on the other Bomber site.  And remember when some of the members of that site said no way you should fire Joe Mack.  Give him time because if you do fire him some other team is sure to hire him due to his awesome recruitment skills (Bombers have the best depth in the CFL and at QB according to some members back in 2012 - I remember Bluto's signature lol).  Well, here we are nearly one year after his firing and not one CFL team has even spoken to Joe Mack let alone hired him.

The man was brought in to improve our Qb depth and I think it's safe to say he failed miserably at it.  Brink was released and never found a position as a third stringer nevermind a backup with another team and Elliott was only on the BC roster because he paid his way to camp and also because of injuries to BC Qbs higher on the totem pole.  We're left with Goltzy - another Mack protege who only proved he could not get better despite numerous starts and was the worst starter/backup in the league out of all 9 teams! 

Elliott won't get another shot unless 5-10 cfl starters/backups go down simultaneously this season.  He is that lowly regarded.

Maybe Joe Mack will ask him to come to camp for his current CFL team.  Oh, that's right Joe Mack currently doesn't have a CFL team to call his employer! :D

Remember back in 2012 when the Bombers got off to that horrible start and the calls for Joe Mack to be fired became increasingly louder both in the media and on the other Bomber site.  And remember when some of the members of that site said no way you should fire Joe Mack.  Give him time because if you do fire him some other team is sure to hire him due to his awesome recruitment skills (Bombers have the best depth in the CFL and at QB according to some members back in 2012 - I remember Bluto's signature lol).  Well, here we are nearly one year after his firing and not one CFL team has even spoken to Joe Mack let alone hired him.

The man was brought in to improve our Qb depth and I think it's safe to say he failed miserably at it.  Brink was released and never found a position as a third stringer nevermind a backup with another team and Elliott was only on the BC roster because he paid his way to camp and also because of injuries to BC Qbs higher on the totem pole.  We're left with Goltzy - another Mack protege who only proved he could not get better despite numerous starts and was the worst starter/backup in the league out of all 9 teams! 

Elliott won't get another shot unless 5-10 cfl starters/backups go down simultaneously this season.  He is that lowly regarded.

Joe skooped the bomber coffers for enough money to buy himself morning coffee for the next half million years. He also set in motion other money burns by offing Paul LaPolice, his chosen coach and putting in a guy who was a career lifer assistant (Burke). Burned a big hole in the bombers bank accounts although as we all know any openness of bomber money is verboten. Thank cripes they can bleed GST (Greg Selinger Taxmaster) for additional funds when required as we know Selinger's money is NOT public money, right?

I'm trying to remember the last Bomber that was as much of a lightning rod for arguments as Joey Elliott is.  It's just fascinating.

I was an Elliott supporter... I certainly would have taken him last year with our steaming pile of Rubley at QB.  Give me anyone here who would have taken Boltus over Elliott, and I'll give you a troll.

Walters is rebuilding the Bomber organization, and has cut ties to the past all offseason.  Secondly, all Elliott's done since his time here winning 2 OPOTW's is sit as a 3rd stringer in BC.  Elliott's been in the CFL long enough that it his career prospects were bright enough, he would have progressed.  No sense bringing him back now... as much as him having success as a starter in Winnipeg would put a smile on my face for my past defenses of him.

I'd say you're the real McCoy lyle. As for up to date on our management, I kinda like 'wadzilla', nate lol.You must dig pretty deep in the book store, for some of these, or do they just pop into your head. Anyway try and take it a little easier on our 'new' guys. They're just getting off the ground. I know the green guys just luv to lap it up but let us play a game before you bury us in 14'.lol

I'll know it's really Nate when the idiotic trade recommendations start. I still remember on GoStampsgo how Nate was trying to sell a trade in 2011 - the Bombers were supposed to trade Doug Brown and a first rounder to Calgary for Joffrey Reynolds. Of course the Calgary guys were all like "No way we do that trade!!" Ha ha - Doug Brown went on to lead the Bombers to the Grey Cup game that year, while Joffrey never played another game and is now in the process of being deported. The point really was that Doug got to retire a Bomber and go out on a sort of high, vs just being shuffled off to Calgary late in the season for some washed up running back, which would have just been stupid, PLUS give up a high draft pick. Anyway, bad trade ideas and stupid nicknames - you know it's Nate when that happens. And don't get me started on the political crap...