2014 Ratio

Floyd

Things are looking a bit grim with the ratio.

REC:  Watson, Foster

OL:  Greaves, Sorenson(?) or Kowalczuk, Morely, Neufeld

S:  Muamba or Bucknor

DL:  Thomas

Depth:

REC:  Carter, Renaud, F-G, Brescacin  ...Etienne?

OL:  Pencer, Swiston, Paliwoda?
DL:  Lucas
DB:  West, Sherman
RB/FB:  Fitz, Pontbriand, Volny
LB:  Dubuisson, Stephan

This might actually be worse than what Kelly left us with.

Starting the season with Muamba or Bucknor at Safety?

We NEED to sign Butler/Newman and Myddleton more than Willy i think...

We're stacked at 'average Cdn receiver' though...

There are some starting canadians available that haven't been signed yet that can hlep us if we actually sign them.  Which I have major doubts about our ability to close a deal with a free agent...

Ted Laurent - DL

Josh bourke - OL

Middleton - OL

Emery - MLB

Butler - DB

With a couple other borderline guys that could still be an upgrade over what we have now.

If we can mange to get 2 of these 5...that would really help our weak Canadian talent pool.

Not to mention maybe going after Patrick Watkins (import mind you) for our secondary if no NFL offers.

It's kind of a strange time to start a ratio discussion. This is literally the worst time of year to look at a roster. All you can do is subtract from your roster at this point, you can't add any new certainties to it until a week from now.

BS you can only subtract from your roster at this time of year...  Esks lost Krausnick to Ottawa and then signed Baboulas just a few days ago to shore up their depth at Centre.  Plus Dublanko as an ST addition.  I'd certainly take Baboulas over Kowalczuk.

Nothing wrong with taking a look at where we stand this year as opposed to this time last year...  see where we stand with FA coming.

It's kind of a strange time to start a ratio discussion. This is literally the worst time of year to look at a roster. All you can do is subtract from your roster at this point, you can't add any new certainties to it until a week from now.

BS you can only subtract from your roster at this time of year...  Esks lost Krausnick to Ottawa and then signed Baboulas just a few days ago to shore up their depth at Centre.  Plus Dublanko as an ST addition.  I'd certainly take Baboulas over Kowalczuk.

Nothing wrong with taking a look at where we stand this year as opposed to this time last year...  see where we stand with FA coming.

What is it that you like about Baboulas?

The ignore function is a wonderful feature of this message board.

What is it that you like about Baboulas?

Experience in BC... I thought he was okay until the injury.  Its more that I just want to see a different option than Sorenson or CK.

Forgot Kris Robertson at DB... that's a bit of a bright side.  Maybe Alli will show up.

Disappointed that we let DiCroce drift away... 

Sorry, I stand corrected. You can make acquisitions of spare parts that were discarded by the rest of the league too.

Sorry, I stand corrected. You can make acquisitions of spare parts that were discarded by the rest of the league too.

What's with the attitude...  Just pointing out what our ratio looks like heading into free agency.

Make fun of Baboulas if you want, he's still better than Kowalczuk and Sorenson.  He lost his job to Matt Norman... the guy we passed on to gamble on Bilukidi... 

There was a Centre available and we passed.  Fair enough but Walters better have a plan.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how you come to your conclusions regarding offensive linemen.

I'd love to hear your expanded analysis on why a guy like Baboulas is a better OL than Sorenson.

Or how he projects as a starting centre, when he's played his entire life at tackle and guard and only worked at centre as a utility lineman last season when BC was desperate.

Steve Morley practiced at centre for us too...I think he might end up being a good one.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how you come to your conclusions regarding offensive linemen.

I'd love to hear your expanded analysis on why a guy like Baboulas is a better OL than Sorenson.

Got a feeling it goes "i heard Sorenson was a rag.." Followed by " baboulas isn't a bomber AND I hadn't heard bad things.."

If people are going to have to start backing up their O Line related opinions with expanded analysis we are going to have some very short threads around here.  

I assume we will now be starting 4 NI's on the OL.

Looks that way.  I'm thinking 4 NI OL, 2 NI receivers, and an NI somewhere on defence.  It would be nice to pick up Laurent, Butler, or Emry so we don't have to start Cauchy or Bucknor at Safety.

If Laurent goes to the NFL, is Wiecek going to write a scathing article about Ed Hervey and how he failed to sign Laurent?