2014 Ratio

Floyd

Sorenson is slow, he is one of the worst centres in the league. Yet he is better than kowalczuk.

I never said baboulas should be starting but given that he has exp and there is no one else out there... Maybe we should have looked.

Myddleton is really the only option for us - or maybe greaves? Morley got benched last year and now someone is suggesting we move him to the middle... You guys crack me up.

I am totally open to suggestions how to improve the OL... Feel free to suggest something instead of criticizing my post.

Some "news" on Emry and Bourke:

WELCOME TO RETURN

Popp is still trying to sign a pair of key potential free agent Canadians in offensive lineman Josh Bourke and middle linebacker Shea Emry.

“We’ve been negotiating hard,” Popp said of Emry. “I talked to him again today. I woke his butt up in Vancouver this morning. We want him back. He’s one of our guys we drafted and invested in and want to be playing his whole career with us. That’s our plan, and whether he chooses to go somewhere else, that’s his decision.”

The same goes for Bourke, who is a ratio breaker because he lines up at left tackle and is one of the league’s best at the position. Popp isn’t sure if Bourke wants to dip his toe in the free agent waters.

“I don’t know. There’s a couple things with Josh, but I think deep down he’d rather be in Montreal,” Popp said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05/hard-to-believe-alouettes-functioning-as-normal

Strange that after so many years of hoping for a 4 NI line, it might happen.  Also strange that I'm disappointed we won't see Jarvis Jones.

Why wouldn't we see him?

You think he will beat out January...?  I would think January is pretty much a lock just due to his experience...

Strange that after so many years of hoping for a 4 NI line, it might happen.  Also strange that I'm disappointed we won't see Jarvis Jones.

Why wouldn't we see him?

You think he will beat out January...?  I would think January is pretty much a lock just due to his experience...

I think if he's good enough, he will.

Ratio - assemble the best group of NIPs that you can and let TC sort out the ratio. Trying ti pre script the ratio can be difficult. The other challenge with pre scripting is that injuries can often dictate a ratio shuffle. In the ideal world teams have the luxury of starting 8 quality NIPs.

Pretty confident we buck our tradition and actually draft a cfl ready lineman, either on O or D.. Either one would make sense, o-line more so... Unless Walters has his eye on some FAs and thinks our young guns are ready to step up..

since Tardif might get an NFL sniff, i've got a feeling that Ott will screw us and pick Lavertu as #1 overall, knowing he is our top choice.

I agree...a bit.  Ottawa has Hage, who is a centre so the need for them isn't as urgent.  But there is some talk that Hage might now show up.

And Walters said during his presser yesterday that there are 2 top OL prospects in this years draft who project as centres.  Lavertu is one.  Who is the other?