2014 Ratio

Floyd

Here is video of him playing center

That was six minutes of him destroying people.

No kidding! Goossen looks like a monster with a mean streak. Nice to know we are guaranteed to do well and get a centre with either Lavertu or Goossen.

In addition, Goossen has played every position on the OL so nice versatility there.

When's the last time Goossen played Canadian football?

BC high school is American rules too.  

Might be a good prospect, but wouldn't rely on him being able to play (well) right away (nor would I rely on Lavertu to be able to jump right in if I'm Walters/O'Shea).  He needs to learn the basics of blocking with the DL a yard off the ball, different fronts used is Canadian football, 12 guys on the field, generally starting with fewer guys between the tackles. 

Take the best player...we have enough holes to fill.

Might be a good prospect, but wouldn't rely on him being able to play (well) right away (nor would I rely on Lavertu to be able to jump right in if I'm Walters/O'Shea). He needs to learn the basics of blocking with the DL a yard off the ball, different fronts used is Canadian football, 12 guys on the field, generally starting with fewer guys between the tackles.

Huh? Goossen doesn't play CIS?

Might be a good prospect, but wouldn't rely on him being able to play (well) right away (nor would I rely on Lavertu to be able to jump right in if I'm Walters/O'Shea). He needs to learn the basics of blocking with the DL a yard off the ball, different fronts used is Canadian football, 12 guys on the field, generally starting with fewer guys between the tackles.

Simon Fraser plays in the GNAC since 2010...NCAA D2.

Interesting I didn't know that. How does it compare to CIS?

Interesting I didn't know that. How does it compare to CIS?

Pretty similar, a little better.  They went winless in their first season, but they weren't the greatest team in CanWest either.  It's the 3rd tier of NCAA football after FBS (1-A) and FCS (1-AA).

Would the transition to the CFL be more difficult, compared to CIS?

Not necessarily...but it's a different style of football, especially for OL, so it adds something on top of what any rookie would need to adjust to coming from CIS which could make it a longer transition, but depending on the individual it could be smooth or it could be tougher...much like it would be for any rookie.

I'm sure it is something he'll be quizzed on.

Not necessarily...but it's a different style of football, especially for OL, so it adds something on top of what any rookie would need to adjust to coming from CIS which could make it a longer transition, but depending on the individual it could be smooth or it could be tougher...much like it would be for any rookie.

Didn't Tyson Pencer come from that league? That might be why it's taking longer for him to develop.

Didn't Tyson Pencer come from that league? That might be why it's taking longer for him to develop.

Pencer went to Washington State University (Div I) for a couple seasons then went to play junior football in BC.

• 1 month later...

Pencer does not have injury 'problems'. He had a shoulder injury that was fixed last offseason. He was placed on the 9 game IR for developmental purposes.

Yuppers... Done to avoid injury issues in the future... Shame we don't have a dislike option here, lol

Would be great if Coach O'Shea can start 8 Canadians, hopefully Henoc is back by at least next season, still need a top end DL starter IMO and a safety that actually worth starting time. A starting Canadian corner (or DB) would be great as well. Really excited to see Robertson healthy for TC this year, pulling for the kid to make it.

Would be great if Coach O'Shea can start 8 Canadians, hopefully Henoc is back by at least next season, still need a top end DL starter IMO and a safety that actually worth starting time. A starting Canadian corner (or DB) would be great as well. Really excited to see Robertson healthy for TC this year, pulling for the kid to make it.

Your posts have all been shackle raising to me and then, bam, i read this one.. Well said, i agree. Id like to see robertson make some noise and hopefully henoc comes back and we sign him or bilukidi or mulumba make their way home..

Robertson's size and agility seem more suited to HB than CB...  I'm really not sold on Bucknor on the outside either, he's just okay

3 NI OL kind of makes the Neufeld trade seem like a mistake now - Neufeld was a pretty good tackle and a terrible guard.  Maybe he's our new Centre...?  That being said, Jarvis Jones is really really good.

Two NI REC seems scary with Watson's injury history... we are not deep with talent at that position. 

3 NI OL kind of makes the Neufeld trade seem like a mistake now - Neufeld was a pretty good tackle and a terrible guard.  Maybe he's our new Centre...?  That being said, Jarvis Jones is really really good.

It seemed odd to me that O'Shea would come out with the three NI OL comment. Walters is still giving the impression Neufeld will start at tackle.