Tim Burke Show June 24

Atomic

All we ever heard about Kashama is that the WBB management didn't agree with him/his agent on his pricetag... maybe Kashama's camp was being stubborn on the price and the Bombers are still willing to talk if he lowers it?  I don't know, it's all speculation.

One position that can get u torched is SAM. We proved that last year. Once he gets found out as inadequate it is easy to isolate on him. He can run but he can't hide. It's impossible to hide him in a scheme.

Then I guess we'll find out real soon if our guys are ready or not

One position that can get u torched is SAM. We proved that last year. Once he gets found out as inadequate it is easy to isolate on him. He can run but he can't hide. It's impossible to hide him in a scheme.

Plus the SAM needs to make a lot of reads.  Having a guy in his first CFL game there against the all-time passing leader doesn't inspire confidence.  Hopefully we can get pressure.

however last year guys were getting burned all over the field so I think it's unfair to single out the one position. 

As long as Parker & MuambaX2 have good games our SAM won't be as important

Sure it will.  There's only so much that Muamba and Parker can do to make up for the weakness on that side of the play.  If the SAM misses his tackle, Parker or Muamba aren't going to be the ones to save it from being a big gain.

Also true.  Having Labbe and Dustin Doe in at linebacker was not helping.

but Johnson was getting burned, the safety was getting burned, Hefney was getting burned. Just a lot of guys did not play well on defense last year. It took a while for the d-line to really shape up, Hall especially took a few games to figure the CFL out so the pressure wasn't as good as it could have been, took a while to settle in at the T spot. I'd expect a much better start from the entire defense this year just based on things being relatively settled and continuous on the defensive line, ideally the secondary plays better than they did last year, linebackers should be less of an issue if those areas do better and I do think Parker can do the job at one spot, and Muamba came along quite well as last year went along. 

Logan, Johnson, Hefney and Bowman all played poorly last year for big stretches. This year we're not starting off with Labbe and Doe at linebacker. No Tamoria at tackle. Greaves and Sorenson all have another year of experience on the OL. Renaud seems to have regained his mojo.Lots of positives if you compare the start of 2013 to the start of last year.