Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

well geography might work in or favour with Hank.  I believe he calls Calgary his home in the off season.  Winnipeg would be 2 hours closer by plane than Mtl. 

Burris is the type of guy who will want to be guaranteed the starting job as well.I'd have to imagine that with Troy Smith and Tanner Marsh, Montreal wouldn't be overly attractive to him.

Sweet Jesus would things suck if we miss out on Burris too.

Would it really be?  Missing out on a 1-to-2 year stop-gap QB with his best days behind him? 

I'd be okay with (not ecstatic about, but okay with) Drew Willy being brought in, and a competition between Willy and Max Hall for the starting gig.  Give him a low guaranteed number and huge incentives.  Direct the rest of the Collaros piggybank towards fixing the OL.

Seriously... is it that much worse than Burris?  Two days ago we were hoping for THE EXACT SAME THING WITH COLLAROS?  He of 7 career CFL starts.

With Burris we would double our wins from last year.

Just need someone to be heir apparent.

Great. Six wins and wasting all those meaningful first team practice and game reps wasted on a 39 year old.

I'd rather keep Hall as the starter.

The way I see it is Burris adds 3 wins, and the loss of Burke and his stupid decisions adds another 3 wins. That gives us 9 wins, which I think is realistic with Burris at QB.

i'm afraid if we drive the money up we have not enough left to bid for Muamba.

The salary cap is almost 5 million, not 500,000.

Why is there this constant notion on Bomber message boards that the Bombers can not afford more than one good player? I don't understand.

Because we have really dumb fans...

With Burris we would double our wins from last year.

Just need someone to be heir apparent.

Great. Six wins and wasting all those meaningful first team practice and game reps wasted on a 39 year old.

I'd rather keep Hall as the starter.

The way I see it is Burris adds 3 wins, and the loss of Burke and his stupid decisions adds another 3 wins. That gives us 9 wins, which I think is realistic with Burris at QB.

12 games against the West (1-7 vs those teams last year, Burris 2-6 against those teams last year) this season.  With Ricky Ray at QB, 9 wins is realistic for us.

i'm afraid if we drive the money up we have not enough left to bid for Muamba.

The salary cap is almost 5 million, not 500,000.

Why is there this constant notion on Bomber message boards that the Bombers can not afford more than one good player? I don't understand.

It's all speculation Mike. It's not that we can't afford more than one good player, but we are also paying good money to a chunk of mediocre players too.  We'd probably be very surprised to see what some of the players on our team are making.  

Everyone has their idea of where we are at in terms of cap space.

There's not an "idea" of where we are at in terms of cap space right now. Other than bonus money paid this year so far, we have 100% of our cap space.

Not spent yet, but accounted for currently. 

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1 25m

Contrary to my earlier Tweets, have now been told #Als, indeed, could have an interest in veteran free-agent QB Henry Burris.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 1m

Burris may be a desired mentor to the #Als' young QB tandem of Troy Smith & Tanner Marsh. The vet may prefer a win-now situation in MTL.

"Win Now" situation in Montreal? Really? They were pretty shitty as well last year.

Or perhaps it just might have something to do with playing for a team that's ready to compete for a championship now versus one a couple of years away. Just maybe  ;)

said it before, will say it again: "geography".

You mean that Hamilton is closer to his hometown than Winnipeg is ?

Most shocking thing I've ever heard.

Geography...

Winnipeg is the worst team in a tough division, having to face the Sask, Calgary and BC defences a lot

Hamilton is the 2nd best team in a light division, where one team is an expansion team and the other lost their starting QB.

We should be very excited we will be getting one of the best QBs in the CFL. The Bombers are now in the playoff conversation, assuming Burris signs.

Based on what? He was at the helm of a team that won six games in 2012. Granted Hamilton's defence was terrible that year, but right now ours isn't much better.

Compared to the Ticats D in 2012? Our D is light years ahead of that train wreck.

image.png

Really? Whatever you're smoking I want. Our defence this past season is a group that allowed 585 points last year (Hamilton allowed 576 in 2012), had no single player with more than two interceptions last year, and had a stretch of three weeks (weeks three through five to be exact) where they allowed over 1000 passing yards, had seven touchdown passes against, 0 picks, and QB's had a completion percentage of 85.7 per cent. Lay off on the blue and gold kool-aid sport.

The 2012 Hamilton defense was playing with the league's most explosive offence and still lost.

The 2013 Bomber defense played with the league's worst offense (by far).  They let the other team dink and dunk down the field just to keep the clock moving.

The only question now is what number will Kito wear with Hank taking 1.

Kito can wear number 2 if we don't re-sign JJ.

Starter or not for Burris.....the money will be the money and he is out of work....it still remains more an issue of limited supply does not meet the demand. The case in all business. The bidding war will begin.....right now Winnipeg is in desperation mode. Burris on the market before Willy hits the market is a negative. It potentially drives up the cost for both of them.

If there are other teams legitimately involved in the bidding for Burris, then we won't get him.  Looks like it is going to be Neiswander vs. Hall for the starting spot.  Let's all just go kill ourselves now.

why not a Jonestown style mass suicide at half time during a home game? Just have Obi spike the shwarma....