Bombers resign Alex Suber

Mike

Suber is the most talented player next to Henoc who is a pending free agent...  if its still an 'OK' signing, I guess that says something...

?

Sears, Washington, Wild, every DL we dressed this season.  All better players than Suber.

You missed the "pending free agent" part of his statement.

Speaking of Washington, I thought he was a pending fa this offseason. Did I miss a re-signing during the season, or did he sign for 3 years when he got here?

I like this signing.  Suber tackles like a beast, has an engine that never quits, and is great on special teams.  

As for his ability to cover, we had trouble getting pressure on the QBs consistently.  Yes we had a lot of sacks, but take away those 50 plays, how much pressure did we have the rest of the year?  Especially when both DTs were out.

Suber is the most talented player next to Henoc who is a pending free agent...  if its still an 'OK' signing, I guess that says something...

?

Sears, Washington, Wild, every DL we dressed this season.  All better players than Suber.

You missed the "pending free agent" part of his statement.

Speaking of Washington, I thought he was a pending fa this offseason. Did I miss a re-signing during the season, or did he sign for 3 years when he got here?

I guess.  It reads to me that Suber is our 2nd best defensive player other than the guy who is a free agent.

I appreciate your analysis, but I saw with my own eyes last season, QBs would target whoever Suber was playing D on in the end zone, and recall thinking that if we had a DB on the WR who was a few inches taller, the TD would have been knocked down.

Stats can make a case for anything. My own eyes tell me Suber is too short. I do love his talent, character and effort though.

The problem I have when people say they trust what they saw is, generally speaking, people have a tendency to fixate on one play or one game and project it to be a season long problem. You see it countless times especially when people complain about players taking penalties.

If the Suber of old comes back to play next season then good move. Suber, Sears and Washington are guys we should keep in the back field, replacements for the others should be found............. a replacement for Cauchy should be a necessity. 

a replacement for Cauchy should be a necessity.

Craig Butler is saying he wants to yet the market

Butler has a home in BC and his family lives in Southern Ontario, I doubt Winnipeg is even on his radar. Would love to have him in Bombers uni though.

a replacement for Cauchy should be a necessity.

Craig Butler is saying he wants to yet the market

Butler has a home in BC and his family lives in Southern Ontario, I doubt Winnipeg is even on his radar. Would love to have him in Bombers uni though.

ya, I think he's going to BC...