Bombers sign two

Mike

So, according to a tweet from Josh Francis, he was signed before the New Year and of course, only announced now.

See how that works?

JOSH FRANCIS‏  @iamROADCLOSED   Dec 23 

Man... what an opportunity, glad to say Im finialy Professional Athlete! #ROADCLOSED BiG Dreams turn into BiG things! Will be in Canada #CFL

* thanks to gobombersgo over @ EP

I hated the Ottawa expansion draft. Leave it to the CFL to prop up that team in a city where the CFL failed twice & kill a struggling team like the Bombers. The good teams had depth to cover their losses while our cupboards were pretty bare. Can't blame Walters losing Kohlert as he followed the same formula other teams did protecting their signed players but yet  we were the only team to lose a pending free agent. Seems so unfair.

I hated the Ottawa expansion draft. Leave it to the CFL to prop up that team in a city where the CFL failed twice & kill a struggling team like the Bombers. The good teams had depth to cover their losses while our cupboards were pretty bare. Can't blame Walters losing Kohlert as he followed the same formula other teams did protecting their signed players but yet we were the only team to lose a pending free agent. Seems so unfair.

The expansion draft "killed" the Bombers?? Who exactly did we lose that will "kill" us? I'd say it had a minimal impact. Plus word is that Kolhert might re-sign with the Bombers.

I hated the Ottawa expansion draft. Leave it to the CFL to prop up that team in a city where the CFL failed twice & kill a struggling team like the Bombers. The good teams had depth to cover their losses while our cupboards were pretty bare. Can't blame Walters losing Kohlert as he followed the same formula other teams did protecting their signed players but yet we were the only team to lose a pending free agent. Seems so unfair.

The expansion draft "killed" the Bombers??

Will that mean we'll have to change the name of this site to Mourning Big Blue?

I hated the Ottawa expansion draft. Leave it to the CFL to prop up that team in a city where the CFL failed twice & kill a struggling team like the Bombers.

Losing James Green and Wallace Miles is a mortal wound? 

You say we've "lost" Kohlert -- if you're so sure that he's gone then please tell me why he hasn't signed with the REDBLACKS yet.

Really surprised about the Feoli-Gudino signing, didn't even realize he was a free agent, pretty sure he was on the active roster as well. I hope this isn't the end for Etienne in a Bombers uniform, would really like to see what the kid can do with the ball actually being thrown his way occasionally for a season.

I hated the Ottawa expansion draft. Leave it to the CFL to prop up that team in a city where the CFL failed twice & kill a struggling team like the Bombers. The good teams had depth to cover their losses while our cupboards were pretty bare. Can't blame Walters losing Kohlert as he followed the same formula other teams did protecting their signed players but yet  we were the only team to lose a pending free agent. Seems so unfair.

The only reason we were the only team to lose a pending free agent is because our talent cupboard was so bare, Ottawa preferred to take a chance on a guy they could sign before FA rather then the talent we had on contract.

I have no problems with Ottawa coming back and the dispersal draft.  A team should be in Ottawa, and the CFL is the strongest it has been in a very long time.  

Worst case scenario is that if Ottawa folds again, then there is a dispersal draft and all teams get some talent back!

Only decent Canadian receiver we had & he was drafted. Just thinking about it made me frustrated. 

Only decent Canadian receiver we had & he was drafted. Just thinking about it made me frustrated. 

That Watson kid shows some promise...

That Watson kid shows some promise...

When he's on the field ..

Frustrated at who?  The league for bringing Ottawa back and having an expansion draft?  Or the Bombers for only having one "decent Canadian receiver"?

Oy guys... we're arguing over losing Rory Kohlert, when he was only selected in the expansion draft AS A FREE AGENT.  Sure he's reliable, but If he wants to be here, he'll be here. 

If not, I'm completely comfortable moving forward with Watson, Foster, Poblah, and Etienne (* provided he re-signs, which I am expecting), and/or potentially a 4th Canadian on the OL. It's not completely out of line for a WR's development to take longer than 3 years.  Poblah's got the raw talent... if he puts it together for us, he could be the surprise player of the CFL this year.  The same might be said for Foster even, given the opportunity to win a job (and actually have a chance of doing so in Wpg).

Really surprised about the Feoli-Gudino signing, didn't even realize he was a free agent, pretty sure he was on the active roster as well. I hope this isn't the end for Etienne in a Bombers uniform, would really like to see what the kid can do with the ball actually being thrown his way occasionally for a season.

i thought he was on our active rosters too.