Pascucci: Gary Etcheverry Bombers new DC

gbill2004

That's some good news, I wonder if the list will also include non CFL guys.

I hope not. After the Gary Crowton mess, we need guys with CFL experience.

Crowton was a Mack and Lapo hire, Walters and O'Shea deserve a bit more credit, but I understand where you're coming from. I'm not crazy about having too many rookies in the football ops department either.............Tisbear's name is still out there as well.

Remember when we were excited about O'Shea. Then we got Marcel. Now possibly these two. If the diehards are upset, imagine what the average fan thinks.

Can't be worse than the last bunch of losers? 

Seriously the average fan doesn't know crap about anything. 

I don't think the average fan even knows who our coordinators are, let alone holds an opinion on them.

Very disappointing news if true, bringing in Martin I have no issue with, but Etch as DC worries me.

Well Nelson Martin coached Hamilton's secondary in 2012 so you know he's good

Was also the DB coach last year to be fair. The TiCat secondary preformed better as the year went on. Also continues with the all Canadian staff.

It seems as though Creehan was the biggest factor behind Hamilton's crappy defense.

The best move in times of supposed crisis is to do nothing at all, which is why Wally Buono didn’t call Korey Banks Wednesday after the Lions veteran restated his desire to be granted his release by the Lions.

No sense in adding fuel to the fire, as your mother probably once said.

But to suggest the Lions are doing nothing to alter their roster for the upcoming season would be also inaccurate, as it was made quite clear that trade talks are underway in order to gain some value for a 34-year-old, five-time league all-star, which when you think about it, is not unlike how a similar situation involving Geroy Simon ended almost exactly a year ago.

Buono wouldn’t confirm specifics, notably one rumor so far that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are willing to cough up a low-round draft pick in order to pair Banks with their expected new defensive coordinator, Gary Etcheverry.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/01/29/trade-winds-blowing-for-banks/