Here come the signings

Mike

9 days to announce the coaching staff? Didn't realize there was some perceived deadline?

I believe O'Shea is on record saying he would have the coaching staff assembled and announced by Jan31.

But that's O'Shea, I think that's a trick….he'll punt.

Maybe a statue of liberty play in his own endzone? The balls on this guy.

Who gives a **** when they tell us...? I'm more concerned that they make the right pick, rather than rush it just because some impatient people have their panties twisted. Chill out...there's good times with the Jets right now. Let that carry you till there's more Bombers news...

Walters mentioned that O'Shea was down in Florida with him scouting.  If he is down there scouting players then I wonder if they already have a staff in place and are just waiting until they return to Winnipeg to announce it.

"After the East-West Shrine game wraps today, Walters and crew are moving on to Mobile, Ala., to scout the Senior Bowl, another main event on the scouting calendar."

This Bowl is played this Sat. Jan. 25th.

​I imagine after this, the GM and HC will return to Winnipeg for their unveiling of the staff they have already assembled, so yes, I would agree with you, it's a done deal.

9 days to announce the coaching staff? Didn't realize there was some perceived deadline?

I believe O'Shea is on record saying he would have the coaching staff assembled and announced by Jan31.

I don't recall O'Shea saying that, but I remember Rod Peterson stating that on his blog.

I don't recall O'Shea saying that, but I remember Rod Peterson stating that on his blog.

Well then all we need is Arash Madani to say it too and the Bombers will just look plain stupid if they don't comply.

Feeling better about things... MB is a capable coach with experience and just really hoping that Etcheverry's last failure has reeled him in a bit. Tibesar would be a great LB coach.

Sure hope Dickenson returns...

I'm still hoping for Tibesar as DC.

When the alternatives are Etch and Marshall, Tibesar looks much more appealing. 

Don't know why Walters & O'Shea have to wait until they get home to announce assistant coaches. The Bombers have people who send out news releases. Just send one out. Then when the guys get back, have a presser.

Dont know why it matters so much how and when they announce it.. You know the season is still 6 months away..

So what, SPuDs? They know fans want to know who the DC is. Especially with the rumours saying Etcheverry has been hired. If it wasn't important, people wouldn't be talking about it. The media is tweeting & fans are talking about it. If Etcheverry has been hired then the Bombers should just send out a press release. How hard is that?

Don't know why Walters & O'Shea have to wait until they get home to announce assistant coaches. The Bombers have people who send out news releases. Just send one out. Then when the guys get back, have a presser.

Most likely so they can have a press conference when they announce it and he's there to talk about all the hirings and what not. It's pretty standard really. 

So what, SPuDs? They know fans want to know who the DC is. Especially with the rumours saying Etcheverry has been hired. If it wasn't important, people wouldn't be talking about it. The media is tweeting & fans are talking about it. If Etcheverry has been hired then the Bombers should just send out a press release. How hard is that?

Since when do fans dictate front office personnel decisions?

I'm not sure if our fans are THE most entitled and self-important, or if it just seems that way...

I'm not sure if our fans are THE most entitled and self-important, or if it just seems that way...

Individual Bomber fans think "community owned" means "I own the team".